Parades 2011

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Parades 2011

Post by mindflipper » Mar Thu 31, 2011 9:32 am

There was a time there when the official album was generic to both parks. In reality, it wasn't. It was done based on Disneyland, and then sold at WDW as being for WDW. For instance, long ago they had MSEP on the album even though WDW had Spectromagic (but you could find Spectromagic on a CD at that time that was sold in TDL for the official album of DLR/WDW). Our CD also had Light Magic, and for a brief time DLR's version of Splash Mtn songs and not WDW's, but never LuminAria.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Thu 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Ah, that would explain why I never saw it on any other media here.

I'm kind of mad I missed luminaria though, it had such a short run since it was a seasonal show that got pulled.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 31, 2011 12:09 pm

mindflipper wrote:There was a time there when the official album was generic to both parks. In reality, it wasn't. It was done based on Disneyland, and then sold at WDW as being for WDW. For instance, long ago they had MSEP on the album even though WDW had Spectromagic (but you could find Spectromagic on a CD at that time that was sold in TDL for the official album of DLR/WDW). Our CD also had Light Magic, and for a brief time DLR's version of Splash Mtn songs and not WDW's, but never LuminAria.
Is LuminAria along the same lines as the show they had a TDS?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Thu 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Nah, you're talking about candleight whatever, right? It was a night time holiday show that didn't make it past DCA. They did use some of the music for Holiday Wishes though.

The show had such a short lifespan that even youtube videos of it are scarce and all are crappy.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Thu 31, 2011 12:20 pm

I know LuminAria, Holiday Wishes and I think Small World Holiday all got put on CD that was sold at Disneyland that year (not at WDW).

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Thu 28, 2011 3:35 pm

I can't wait for parade to start up again @ DL. I know it's only a month away, but my kids are always disappointed when they can't see the parade. Best way to see all the Disney characters in one place.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Thu 28, 2011 3:38 pm

I think that the new Soundsational parade at DLR will be amazing... I guess I'll have to wait 5 or 6 years until we steal it from them... ;)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Sun 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Apparently the new Soundsational parade had started on Friday, the 27th. This is what I found off the Disney blog and there's a little video clip of it.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... land-park/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 30, 2011 8:54 am

elizabethswann wrote:Apparently the new Soundsational parade had started on Friday, the 27th. This is what I found off the Disney blog and there's a little video clip of it.

I watched most of a clip of it a few nights ago...it was ok, but not what I had been expecting. I would willingly skip this parade to take advantage of shorter lines on attractions while other people stand and watch the parade ;)
I do want the piano key skirt that Minnie wears on the float though...that is awesome!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 30, 2011 10:05 am

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Apparently the new Soundsational parade had started on Friday, the 27th. This is what I found off the Disney blog and there's a little video clip of it.

I watched most of a clip of it a few nights ago...it was ok, but not what I had been expecting. I would willingly skip this parade to take advantage of shorter lines on attractions while other people stand and watch the parade ;)
I would be joining in the ride queue, Amy - I agree it's easily skippable in order to enjoy shorter lines.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 30, 2011 10:40 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:

I would be joining in the ride queue, Amy - I agree it's easily skippable in order to enjoy shorter lines.
As long as we don't convince too many people of that ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 30, 2011 11:05 am

We'll just keep between us Mayhem Marauders....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 30, 2011 11:15 am

mindflipper wrote:We'll just keep between us Mayhem Marauders....
I think even some of them will ditch us for the parades...I know NaCler enjoys watching the parades...oh well, more ride time for us :twisted:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 30, 2011 12:04 pm

I tend to be fans of the electrical light parades, but as for other parades - that's the signal to head to an E Ticket ride...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Tue 31, 2011 12:41 pm

I got to view the new parade yesterday and I thought it was pretty neat. I did love seeing Mary Poppins the most, though.