Parades 2011

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Parades 2011

Post by proudcanuck » Mar Wed 30, 2011 12:50 pm

I wish that they would bring back the Mainstreet Electrical Parade. But whatever new parade does show up later this spring, will be great.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I wish they brought it back too. It didn't feel the same watching it at DCA. It wasn't "Main Street Electrical Parade" at all even if it was the exact same parade.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 30, 2011 7:33 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I wish they brought it back too. It didn't feel the same watching it at DCA. It wasn't "Main Street Electrical Parade" at all even if it was the exact same parade.
I agree, it really needs to be back in DLR MK's Main Street. That's it's rightful home. I wish Disney would swallow their pride and bring it back there with its correct name too.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Wed 30, 2011 8:08 pm

No, but they will gladly sell you burnt out bulbs for the right price. :D

Speaking of, did they ever replace the bulbs with LEDs?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Does anyone remember the Light Magic show from WDW? I had that CD in today and I just love that music :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Amy wrote:Does anyone remember the Light Magic show from WDW? I had that CD in today and I just love that music :D
I do Amy!! Wow, I wish you could publish that!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Amy wrote:Does anyone remember the Light Magic show from WDW? I had that CD in today and I just love that music :D
I do Amy!! Wow, I wish you could publish that!!
I'll have to look at the CD to see which one it is. I'm sure someone has it. I just have the copy that I use in the car, I don't know where the original one is at the moment...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Wed 30, 2011 8:51 pm

No but I totally remember DLR's Light Magic show. :D

Oh and the CD you're probably looking for is a Fantasmic CD since I think that was the only one that they put the audio track on.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
No but I totally remember DLR's Light Magic show. :D

Oh and the CD you're probably looking for is a Fantasmic CD since I think that was the only one that they put the audio track on.
Nope, it is Walt Disney Presents The Official Album
Found it listed on ebay and it indicates it was from 1997. I guess Light Magic is actually from the Disneyland show "Streetacular"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Wed 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Light magic itself was aborted only partway through it's run, the CD I have it from was the fantasmic one.

But yeah, it was one of those that I didn't think was terrible, but at the same time having to sit on those hard steps for hours just to see it made it less enjoyable.

We really don't have LM on here? I have like 3 or 4 variants on it (with narration, etc.)

I think the kiss of death for it was that it wasn't a parade so unless you were in the exact location you saw nothing (the floats would go dark and gun it to the next area once they were clear.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Light magic itself was aborted only partway through it's run, the CD I have it from was the fantasmic one.
But yeah, it was one of those that I didn't think was terrible, but at the same time having to sit on those hard steps for hours just to see it made it less enjoyable.
We really don't have LM on here? I have like 3 or 4 variants on it (with narration, etc.)
I think the kiss of death for it was that it wasn't a parade so unless you were in the exact location you saw nothing (the floats would go dark and gun it to the next area once they were clear.
Since you have so many variations, do you know what instruments are used in the song? I can pick out the violins :roll: and some of the other ones, but I'm not sure what the main thing is, doesn't sound quite like a bagpipe since there is no drone, but very similar...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Wizz: Light Magic was, for some reason, on the official park album that was sold in Disney World the same year it was briefly in DLR.

That version is a shortened version. There was a longer version that was bouncing around on Ebay for sale some time ago, but I haven't seen since. There are bits to the missing track that reminded me of Fantillusion.

There's a video I think on YouTube that has the audio with the narration.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2011 10:03 pm

mindflipper wrote:Wizz: Light Magic was, for some reason, on the official park album that was sold in Disney World the same year it was briefly in DLR.
That version is a shortened version. There was a longer version that was bouncing around on Ebay for sale some time ago, but I haven't seen since. There are bits to the missing track that reminded me of Fantillusion.
There's a video I think on YouTube that has the audio with the narration.
I'm going to have to check that out on YouTube tomorrow. That is exactly the reason I thought it was from WDW since it is on the WDW album :shock: Until I looked it up to see what year it was from, that is when I saw it was actually from DL.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Wed 30, 2011 10:35 pm

How long was the WDW album version (seriously, they put it out there? What about LuminAria?)? The DLR fantasmic one was about 16 and change if I recall.

The bagpipes and violin were both electric variants, and a full orchestra, and I think there might have been a synth if I recall.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 31, 2011 7:20 am

Wizzard419 wrote:How long was the WDW album version (seriously, they put it out there? What about LuminAria?)? The DLR fantasmic one was about 16 and change if I recall.

The bagpipes and violin were both electric variants, and a full orchestra, and I think there might have been a synth if I recall.
I'll have to check today to make sure but I think it is a little over 17 minutes...aha, synthesized instruments, that would make sense...
EDIT: I checked, the run time is 16:01, so it probably is the same one that you have on your Fantasmic CD