Parades 2011

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Parades 2011

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Sun 09, 2011 1:49 pm

We're heading to Disneyland in February and can't seem to find any parades. Does anyone know when the new Disneyland parade starts (or soft opening??)? Also, what happened to the Pixar Play Parade? Hope it's not gone for good!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Parades 2011

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 09, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm not sure about new stuff, but I think those don't show up until closer to summer. If Pixar was the one from DCA it's probably done or on hiatus because of the massive construction all over DCA.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Esmeralda wrote:We're heading to Disneyland in February and can't seem to find any parades. Does anyone know when the new Disneyland parade starts (or soft opening??)? Also, what happened to the Pixar Play Parade? Hope it's not gone for good!
I believe I read somewhere that the Pixar parade will be broken into little performances that "pop" up through the park.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Mon 10, 2011 1:36 am

I know that Disneyland's planning on having a new parade named Mickey’s Soundsational Parade but there's no official date as far as I know.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 10, 2011 10:07 am

And remember, DCA's Electrical Parade is still at WDW's MK for now (hopefully to return after construction is over with the DCA overhaul).

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 10, 2011 2:15 pm

I bet the reason they put that new daytime show in was to make up for the lack of daytime entertainment created by the blocked parade route.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Mon 10, 2011 2:25 pm

They still have the Pixar Play Parade. I was there last month and they still had it there.

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Feb Sat 26, 2011 4:00 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I know that Disneyland's planning on having a new parade named Mickey’s Soundsational Parade but there's no official date as far as I know.
Disneyland has announced that the new Mickey's Soundsational Parade will make it's long awaited debut on May 27th, the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend. That will be followed closely behind by the debut of Star Tours 2.0 and the Little Mermaid dark ride.

Let the countdown begin!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 26, 2011 4:06 pm

metark wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I know that Disneyland's planning on having a new parade named Mickey’s Soundsational Parade but there's no official date as far as I know.
Disneyland has announced that the new Mickey's Soundsational Parade will make it's long awaited debut on May 27th, the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend. That will be followed closely behind by the debut of Star Tours 2.0 and the Little Mermaid dark ride.

Let the countdown begin!
With a name like Soundsational, I hope the parade will have great music!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Sat 26, 2011 6:45 pm

metark wrote:

Let the countdown begin!
That's good to hear. I think it may be one parade that I will actually want to see.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 26, 2011 7:28 pm

It's still a shame to me that DLR MK has never tried another electrical light parade after Light Magic. Light Magic may have been incredibly bad, but its no reason just to give up...

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Feb Sun 27, 2011 12:12 am

elizabethswann wrote: That's good to hear. I think it may be one parade that I will actually want to see.

Here's a short video preview from Disney of making some of the floats for the new parade. The detail looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RG5db78iZQ

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 27, 2011 7:53 am

metark wrote:
elizabethswann wrote: That's good to hear. I think it may be one parade that I will actually want to see.
Here's a short video preview from Disney of making some of the floats for the new parade. The detail looks amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RG5db78iZQ
That was a nice video. I love the vibrant color scheme! That is pretty cool how they are using the Kuka technology for carving out the float parts! Seems like the parade has sort of a Victorian feel to it...

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Feb Mon 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Main Street is under a refurb so to say. Under refurbs it says "Main Street Vehicles". I heard there are giant green boxes on the street covering large sections to repair the tracks for vehicles including the parade floats. I'm assuming no parades until those are done!!
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 01, 2011 5:40 am

MintJulepRoo wrote:Main Street is under a refurb so to say. Under refurbs it says "Main Street Vehicles". I heard there are giant green boxes on the street covering large sections to repair the tracks for vehicles including the parade floats. I'm assuming no parades until those are done!!
From the recent updates, it looks like most of the paving is done on Main Street :D