World of Color Dining Package

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: World of Color Dining Package

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Sun 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Oh, good find with that map there, Wizzard. I've never seen that map before.

Also, from what my mom told me, they removed the yellow section since it pretty much blends in with the red. I haven't gone in a while so I don't know if it's true or not.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Josh Q wrote:Basically from what I've been told my someone who has done the dining package was as a far as food goes she said, "The dinner was a different menu, and you had a choice of entree but the salad and dessert were chosen for you." She also said that it was a waste of money. the seating was not worth it at all. I've never done it personally, I would say tho if your thinking seriously about doing it try maybe the picnic WOC package I've heard nothing but good reviews of that.
I've heard only good things about the picnic boxes as well!
Wizzard419 wrote:...One of the comments I heard about the dining section was that it has a lot more space since fewer people wish to pay for dinner to see the show.
That makes it a little more worth it right there! Are you sure they don't pack more people into that "reserved" viewing area once showtime is close?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 24, 2010 6:08 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Oh, good find with that map there, Wizzard. I've never seen that map before.

Also, from what my mom told me, they removed the yellow section since it pretty much blends in with the red. I haven't gone in a while so I don't know if it's true or not.

Yellow section is still there (I was in it when I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago). My only real critique about it is that they put all the effort in to make the show but if you try to watch it from outside of the main viewing area the vantage point is apparently very poor so you have to have that fastpass/picnic/dinner ticket. I also found that if you want to not feel like you're riding the train in India (a mass of people slammed into one another) after the show take a stroll around the lagoon and you will be free of the huddled masses. Takes longer but it's worth it. :D

I'm not sure about what they do at showtime/end of loading for the section but others have said it is pretty empty, which is also a bonus so you're not trying to look over as many people.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 25, 2010 10:07 am

Wizzard419 wrote:That sounds about right for a prix fixe menu (that and they have an excuse to get you out of the resturant super fast for the show). When your friend said it wasn't worth it, did they view it as a ticket for the show that cost that much or did they not like the food, a combo of the two?

One of the comments I heard about the dining section was that it has a lot more space since fewer people wish to pay for dinner to see the show.

They said that the food was "good", but they did say that they we're surrounded by families with "noisy children". I think they we're expecting a bit more of an adult restaurant atmosphere. As far as the WOC part of the package they said that it "was so disappointing".

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lhmathys » Oct Mon 25, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks for the map - this is perfect. Does each reserved area have seating available similar to the bleachers WDW has for Fantasmic?

I'm torn now. . . It seems like some people I've talked to enjoyed the food and the show, but others here seem disappointed. I'm not that concerned with the noise level from families since my own children have taught me to tune that kind of thing out. :lol: However, I must admit that thus far the reviews aren't what I was hoping for. I think my wife and I will certainly have to give this some more thought.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 25, 2010 12:09 pm

lhmathys wrote:Thanks for the map - this is perfect. Does each reserved area have seating available similar to the bleachers WDW has for Fantasmic?

I'm torn now. . . It seems like some people I've talked to enjoyed the food and the show, but others here seem disappointed. I'm not that concerned with the noise level from families since my own children have taught me to tune that kind of thing out. :lol: However, I must admit that thus far the reviews aren't what I was hoping for. I think my wife and I will certainly have to give this some more thought.

There is no seating. It's standing room only unfortunately.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Yeah, the entire place is a standing room amphitheater. However, if you want to risk seeing World of Color from a side angle, there are benches underneath the Silly Symphony Swings so you can avoid standing up or you can watch from the backside where Toy Story Mania is and sit down on one of the benches there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 25, 2010 2:00 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Yeah, the entire place is a standing room amphitheater. However, if you want to risk seeing World of Color from a side angle, there are benches underneath the Silly Symphony Swings so you can avoid standing up or you can watch from the backside where Toy Story Mania is and sit down on one of the benches there.
Can you see any of the projections from the backside?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 25, 2010 3:53 pm

You can see them but the display isn't the same since you have a semi-obstructed view and no effects, etc.

What you might want to consider is getting there in the morning and getting tickets (hopefully for the yellow or red sections), and then just go out to dinner where you want to go and make sure you allow enough time or have a late dinner (I'm not sure when kitchens close there).

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I have yet to see it from the side angle. I've seen it once from the back but it blocks your view of the projection orbs and the fire effects. Either way you can still see it from the back by Toy Story Mania.