elecTRONica

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

elecTRONica

Post by MintJulepRoo » Oct Fri 08, 2010 6:41 pm

I dunno, I'm just convinced that if I went to this (kinda seems like Glow Fest) I'd have a blast!! I think it fits well in DCA. If it were in Disneyland I wouldn't like it as much...Well maybe if it was in Tomorrowland.

Check it out!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... cebook0004
Last edited by MintJulepRoo on Oct Fri 08, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: elecTRONica

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Yeah they built/rebuilt Flynn's arcade (apparently this time it will be a functioning arcade) from the Comicon stuff and the End of Line club is making an appearance in some capacity. I'm going to check it out Sunday night.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Sun 10, 2010 2:32 am

Let us know how it is, Wizzard!

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 11, 2010 8:56 am

I went on Friday 10-8-10 and it was pretty cool! WAYYYY Better than Glow Fest! Flynns arcade is awesome, although there is no ac in there so it was very hot and sticky! All the games were it seemed only 1 quarter so that was very cool! The 3D Sneak Peak of Tron: Legacy was awesome! and the overall ambiance of the area was great! I could have dealt with not having to walk through the giant club in front of Monsters Inc to be able to get to Flynns but that's ok. I haven't seen Laser Man yet but I will.

I'll post some pictures tonight on my site. I also recorded an audio walk through I'll post on friday and have about 8-12 min of video I'll post soon!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 11, 2010 10:32 am

Josh Q wrote:I went on Friday 10-8-10 and it was pretty cool! WAYYYY Better than Glow Fest! Flynns arcade is awesome, although there is no ac in there so it was very hot and sticky! All the games were it seemed only 1 quarter so that was very cool! The 3D Sneak Peak of Tron: Legacy was awesome! and the overall ambiance of the area was great! I could have dealt with not having to walk through the giant club in front of Monsters Inc to be able to get to Flynns but that's ok. I haven't seen Laser Man yet but I will.
I'll post some pictures tonight on my site. I also recorded an audio walk through I'll post on friday and have about 8-12 min of video I'll post soon!
What sort of games do they have in Flynn's arcade? I've never seen the movie so I have nothing to base it on. Are there any free games in the arcade or is it all quarters to play?
And what is Laser Man?

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 11, 2010 11:36 am

Amy wrote:
Josh Q wrote:I went on Friday 10-8-10 and it was pretty cool! WAYYYY Better than Glow Fest! Flynns arcade is awesome, although there is no ac in there so it was very hot and sticky! All the games were it seemed only 1 quarter so that was very cool! The 3D Sneak Peak of Tron: Legacy was awesome! and the overall ambiance of the area was great! I could have dealt with not having to walk through the giant club in front of Monsters Inc to be able to get to Flynns but that's ok. I haven't seen Laser Man yet but I will.
What sort of games do they have in Flynn's arcade? I've never seen the movie so I have nothing to base it on. Are there any free games in the arcade or is it all quarters to play?
And what is Laser Man?
The games were all pac-man space invaders dig dug era games. They had a fooze (spelling) ball table and an air hockey table too. I don't think there are any games for free. You have to get tokens min $1 worth to play. Laser man is a guy who does a show with lasers. I've seen some You Tube stuff but I didn't get to see him at ElecTRONica so I'm not exactly sure what he does.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 11, 2010 11:57 am

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/weeken ... lands.html

Here are some photos of the event there. I'll also post more in the weekly DCA/DLR expansion thread.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Electronica was a lot of fun. I was a little bummed that they did not do the full Flynn's Arcade thing though. It wouldn't really go with the storyline since the digitizer is hanging from the entrance of HPB, but the show they did during comicon was a lot of fun. The arcade was neat but the best part was the tokens, aside from using the nasty old 80's machines the tokens are "Flynn's" tokens. :D

If you go and see a huge line for the sneak preview of the movie don't worry, the line isn't that long since they fill the whole theater up. The best part of the preview was that they made it "4D" by using extra lights and built in effects from the theater.

One commentary is that they really need to start handing out x or something, most of the people were just standing there watching so the only people you dance with are the performers. I guess I will have to make some more transdermal patches and "spread the love". :D

With the whole transformation to "Tron City" the actual effects are not fully automated so there is a guy walking around with a tablet changing the scenes, I was really tempted to steal it but sadly that might get me in trouble.

The only thing I hated out of it was the end of line club's selection, it was better than the san diego version (free coke zero and that was it) but still they only served two low end premixed bottled cocktails.

Oh be sure to get there early so you can watch the "Portal opening" show, I don't think it gets repeated each night.

For anyone else who's gone, was it just me or do some of the speakers in sunshine plaza sound blown out when they were playing daft punk?

Forgot to add, while they did do testing for Tron:Legacy for World of Color a few weeks back there was no tron stuff in the show. Apparently it is an advert for the movie so odds are it won't be added in until December.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Mon 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Amy wrote:And what is Laser Man?
Enjoy... I love the commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NQ-7oI ... re=related

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 11, 2010 3:14 pm

NaCler wrote:

Lol hahaha

"Be Careful Laserman!" hahah

"Oh no Laserman your trapped ina box...A box of lasers!"

Awesome! :hm_ghost:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 11, 2010 8:48 pm

NaCler wrote:
O-kay...I think the person shooting this video might have had some adult beverages?! Interesting show, probably not one I would have to see more than once :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 12:01 am

If he did then he clearly is a girl since the stuff they were serving was weak sauce that high school girls drink.

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 1:29 am

Electronica was awesome! Love Flynns arcade and the music. I can't wait for Tron! Had a great time and a few drinks! :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 12, 2010 5:19 am

indianagirl21 wrote:Electronica was awesome! Love Flynns arcade and the music. I can't wait for Tron! Had a great time and a few drinks! :)
Did you shoot any videos of laser-man after drinking those drinks?! :lol:

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Tue 12, 2010 9:33 am

Ok here's the video I shot from ElecTRONica. The video quality isn't HD (I really want a Canon 7D) but the audio is from my Zoom h2 recorder so it sounds really good.

http://themeparktalk.com/2010/10/electr ... 0-08-2010/