elecTRONica

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: elecTRONica

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 12, 2010 10:38 am

Josh Q wrote:Ok here's the video I shot from ElecTRONica. The video quality isn't HD (I really want a Canon 7D) but the audio is from my Zoom h2 recorder so it sounds really good.

http://themeparktalk.com/2010/10/electr ... 0-08-2010/
The sound is pretty good. Can I ask where you got your recorder? I'm looking for a good digital recorder for this trip, and I did like the sound of yours.
ElecTRONica looks like it would be fun if you went with friends, but otherwise it just looks crowded and loud :(

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Oct Tue 12, 2010 10:45 am

Amy wrote:
Josh Q wrote:Ok here's the video I shot from ElecTRONica. The video quality isn't HD (I really want a Canon 7D) but the audio is from my Zoom h2 recorder so it sounds really good.

The sound is pretty good. Can I ask where you got your recorder? I'm looking for a good digital recorder for this trip, and I did like the sound of yours.
ElecTRONica looks like it would be fun if you went with friends, but otherwise it just looks crowded and loud :(
It was very crowded and loud.

I got mine at Best Buy. You can get it basically anywhere. Its the "Zoom H2".

Also check out Episode 4 of the TPT Podcast I recorded that with the Zoom too.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 12, 2010 10:48 am

Josh Q wrote:
Amy wrote:
It was very crowded and loud.
I got mine at Best Buy. You can get it basically anywhere. Its the "Zoom H2".
Also check out Episode 4 of the TPT Podcast I recorded that with the Zoom too.
Thanks for the info. I did "google" it once I saw your post. I will check out your other podcast too to hear that audio as well.
No problem on the loud part of crowds, I just got some sweet glow in the dark custom ear monitors to help with the noise levels while in excessively noisy areas, but the crowd part of the crowds ~ shudder!! :shock:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 12:29 pm

If you're concerned about being crowded, the only real grouping of people (at least on Sunday night) was around the DJ platform (and laser man), even then there were clear paths since people were still going into attractions.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Tue 12, 2010 5:06 pm

I really hope to check this out sometime soon. I'll check out the video also.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 5:32 pm

You've got plenty of time since it will run till at least the end of the year and may be coming back again for many years since the movie is slated to become a series of films. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Josh Q wrote:...Also check out Episode 4 of the TPT Podcast I recorded that with the Zoom too.
The sound is amazingly clear! Do you have to watch the distance of the recorder to what is being recorded at all?
On topic...any exclusively Disney music for the elecTRONica or is it just all generic rave/dance music?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Sort of and no. Sunshine plaza has a loop of the family friendly Daft Punk songs, the digitizer path (the main street of HPB) plays the same or similar soundtrack from the End of Line club (a stream of daft punk from the score for the movie) the club area is all live performance from the DJ and Laser Man, and Flynn's play's 80's music.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:35 am

Wizzard419 wrote:You've got plenty of time since it will run till at least the end of the year and may be coming back again for many years since the movie is slated to become a series of films. :D
I just heard that ElecTRONica is running through around April!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:39 am

Amy wrote:
Josh Q wrote:...Also check out Episode 4 of the TPT Podcast I recorded that with the Zoom too.
The sound is amazingly clear! Do you have to watch the distance of the recorder to what is being recorded at all?
On topic...any exclusively Disney music for the elecTRONica or is it just all generic rave/dance music?
I'm posting a recording I did with the H2 on friday's TPT Podcast.

Um we hold it about a foot away and just make sure that Left and RIght stay Left and Right. lol. I want to invest in some Binaural Earbud mics. If you want really good Disney park recordings check out Window To The Magic! It's awesome!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 13, 2010 1:07 am

Josh Q wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:You've got plenty of time since it will run till at least the end of the year and may be coming back again for many years since the movie is slated to become a series of films. :D
April? Then I guess the sequals have been greenlit!

The one element that was lacking from the entire event was a Flynn Lives presence. I am surprised they haven't started marketing the pins and other swag to the people yet.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 13, 2010 6:20 am

Josh Q wrote:
Amy wrote:
I'm posting a recording I did with the H2 on friday's TPT Podcast.
Um we hold it about a foot away and just make sure that Left and RIght stay Left and Right. lol. I want to invest in some Binaural Earbud mics. If you want really good Disney park recordings check out Window To The Magic! It's awesome!
Thanks ~ I will definitely check it out...and then probably go shopping on Saturday :D
Wizzard419 wrote:...The one element that was lacking from the entire event was a Flynn Lives presence. I am surprised they haven't started marketing the pins and other swag to the people yet.
I wonder if they will start doing a little more marketing closer to when the film is released?

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 13, 2010 8:55 am

Wizzard419 wrote:
Josh Q wrote:
April? Then I guess the sequals have been greenlit!

The one element that was lacking from the entire event was a Flynn Lives presence. I am surprised they haven't started marketing the pins and other swag to the people yet.
Hmmm ya. I dunno?

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Amy wrote:
indianagirl21 wrote:Electronica was awesome! Love Flynns arcade and the music. I can't wait for Tron! Had a great time and a few drinks! :)
Did you shoot any videos of laser-man after drinking those drinks?! :lol:
haha. i didn't! I should have though. I did some embarrasing dancing and played pac-man in the arcade. lol. what a great night :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm going to say that there probably won't be any flynn lives stuff at the parks because the campaign isn't actually being run by Disney, it's being run by 42 Entertainment (they specialize in arg style marketing).