Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Man falls 25 feet from ride line at Disney park

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 20, 2010 8:08 pm

MadEye wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I even tell my sisters to stop sitting on handrails, chains, railings, etc. not only because the cast members tell us not to but to prevent an accident like this.
Not to mention all the butts from people sitting on them you'd (technically) be touching. That and all the sneezed on, coughed on, nose/butt picked hands and even some kids mouths that touch those railings. I don't even lean on them anymore.
Note to self: take can of Lysol on my next trip to WDW...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 20, 2010 11:12 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I even tell my sisters to stop sitting on handrails, chains, railings, etc. not only because the cast members tell us not to but to prevent an accident like this.
Not to mention all the butts from people sitting on them you'd (technically) be touching. That and all the sneezed on, coughed on, nose/butt picked hands and even some kids mouths that touch those railings. I don't even lean on them anymore.
Ewww! Thanks for the mental picture MadEye! I shudder when I see kids lick anything out in public. I suppose that is how they build up their immune system :roll:
Mindflipper, I was probably close to being a teenager before I knew hotel rooms didn't always smell like Lysol. When we kids were helping Dad get the things out of the car she was busy lysoling the entire room! I don't know that aerosol cans are allowed in airplane luggage though :( Hand-sanitizer will have to do!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 21, 2010 12:19 am

It's good to see the truth coming out on this story. It is sad to see how people just ignore the CM's when they are told to not sit or climb on the railings. If alcohol had anything to do with this, then I do hope the police charge him with either underage drinking and/or public intoxication. I'm the same age and I don't go around drinking.

PS> Can we add inmaturity to the list of reasons why this person did this.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sat 21, 2010 12:40 am

Len90 wrote:It's good to see the truth coming out on this story. It is sad to see how people just ignore the CM's when they are told to not sit or climb on the railings. If alcohol had anything to do with this, then I do hope the police charge him with either underage drinking and/or public intoxication. I'm the same age and I don't go around drinking.

PS> Can we add immaturity to the list of reasons why this person did this.
Has the drinking been officially confirmed? Len90, you may act responsibly in public, but we all know that not everyone does. When at DLR/WDW, people get in touch with their inner-child, which makes it quite easy to be immature. There's still a chance this could have been just an accident, and for now I'm gonna chock up to that. Crap happens.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 21, 2010 1:38 am

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:
This is why I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sat 21, 2010 9:07 am

Len90 wrote:PS> Can we add inmaturity to the list of reasons why this person did this.
Immaturity... Idiot... Same thing if you ask me.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sat 21, 2010 12:04 pm

You can't fix "stupid"
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 21, 2010 2:01 pm

You're right about that, horizons.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 21, 2010 10:03 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:It's good to see the truth coming out on this story. It is sad to see how people just ignore the CM's when they are told to not sit or climb on the railings. If alcohol had anything to do with this, then I do hope the police charge him with either underage drinking and/or public intoxication. I'm the same age and I don't go around drinking.

PS> Can we add immaturity to the list of reasons why this person did this.
Has the drinking been officially confirmed? Len90, you may act responsibly in public, but we all know that not everyone does. When at DLR/WDW, people get in touch with their inner-child, which makes it quite easy to be immature. There's still a chance this could have been just an accident, and for now I'm gonna chock up to that. Crap happens.
They claim in articles that alcohol did not play a factor. However, there is not going to be any formal investigation into this as it occured on a line queue and not on the actual ride. I honestly tend to get in touch with my inner child when in Disney. I still know that there are limits and things that I should not do. It's pure lack of common sense.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sun 22, 2010 2:04 am

MadEye wrote:
EWW!! I'm not gonna touch them anymore! I'm gonna be like John Tesh and use my elbows!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sun 22, 2010 8:19 am

The sad thing is there are people like this moron all over the world. Ever wonder why there are warning labels all over the different products you buy every year? Because of people like this guy. The saddest part of this is that a person learns to be stupid, just like they learn to be smart but very seldom ever use what they have learned to be smart. Thinking about this makes me wish I still had one of my favorite bumper stickers: Losing faith in humanity one person at a time.
― Dr. Seuss

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 22, 2010 8:26 am

MadEye wrote:The sad thing is there are people like this moron all over the world. Ever wonder why there are warning labels all over the different products you buy every year? Because of people like this guy. The saddest part of this is that a person learns to be stupid, just like they learn to be smart but very seldom ever use what they have learned to be smart. Thinking about this makes me wish I still had one of my favorite bumper stickers: Losing faith in humanity one person at a time.
I look at those warning stickers and have to wonder what prompted some of them ~ one of the more disturbing ones I have seen is on stollers and playpens, reminding people to "Do not fold or collapse while baby is inside" :shock: :shock:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sun 22, 2010 8:41 am

Amy wrote:I look at those warning stickers and have to wonder what prompted some of them ~ one of the more disturbing ones I have seen is on stollers and playpens, reminding people to "Do not fold or collapse while baby is inside" :shock: :shock:
That means that it has happened at one point or another... :cry:
― Dr. Seuss

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Aug Sun 22, 2010 1:11 pm

by Amy » Aug Sun 22, 2010 6:26 am

MadEye wrote:
The sad thing is there are people like this moron all over the world. Ever wonder why there are warning labels all over the different products you buy every year? Because of people like this guy. The saddest part of this is that a person learns to be stupid, just like they learn to be smart but very seldom ever use what they have learned to be smart. Thinking about this makes me wish I still had one of my favorite bumper stickers: Losing faith in humanity one person at a time.
I look at those warning stickers and have to wonder what prompted some of them ~ one of the more disturbing ones I have seen is on stollers and playpens, reminding people to "Do not fold or collapse while baby is inside"
I remember watching a John Stossel special on people who sue for ridiculous reasons. The worst one was a guy who successfully sued a bike manufacturer because there was not a warning label that explained that the bike would go faster if it went downhill...YIKES. :?
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 22, 2010 1:36 pm

MintJulepRoo wrote:I remember watching a John Stossel special on people who sue for ridiculous reasons. The worst one was a guy who successfully sued a bike manufacturer because there was not a warning label that explained that the bike would go faster if it went downhill...YIKES. :?
Hmmmm, guessing he didn't pay attention in school?!