Post by MintJulepRoo » Jun Sat 12, 2010 5:44 pm

What is this madness!?!?
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Glow Fest at California Adventure's

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sat 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I don't know, but from the renderings and pictures I've seen...:shock: it looks so...so...tacky!!!

I'm not looking forward to a "nightclub" scene at DL...there's enough of that crap here and when we go away I don't want to be around it!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sat 12, 2010 6:25 pm

It was real amusing, to be honest. I went there last night and I got a video of people dancing to a new version of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXbLrWbfwQ

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks for posting that video ms swann, but I don't like that at all. The people dancing on the podiums make it look like a big nightclub. Keep that at Downtown Disney not inside a park.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sat 12, 2010 6:42 pm

NaCler wrote:Thanks for posting that video ms swann, but I don't like that at all. The people dancing on the podiums make it look like a big nightclub. Keep that at Downtown Disney not inside a park.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It should have been at Downtown Disney instead or at least schedule to have it on specific nights and have an age code.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 12, 2010 7:02 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
NaCler wrote:Thanks for posting that video ms swann, but I don't like that at all. The people dancing on the podiums make it look like a big nightclub. Keep that at Downtown Disney not inside a park.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It should have been at Downtown Disney instead or at least schedule to have it on specific nights and have an age code.
Not a big fan of this new party ~ reminds me of Pleasure Island...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sat 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:
Not a big fan of this new party ~ reminds me of Pleasure Island...
Though I like that song, I don't like the scene. But I understand why they did it...there needs to be something to distract people from
a.) the fact that most of the park is closed because of WoC and
b.) there needs to be some sort of entertainment for those folks waiting for the next show(s) and something to cover the sound so as to not ruin the show for those waiting.

Either way, I know we will be forced into this area and I am not looking forward to it...too much like home

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 13, 2010 5:19 am

That's what it felt like MmeLeota, granted that I had stayed in DCA the entire day. It wasn't bad, though; people got to have some fun and it entertained those that weren't at the show. The park was limited with Paradise Pier being shut down so all they had were Grizzly River Run, Soarin' Over California, the attractions in Hollywood Pictures Backlot and that was it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 13, 2010 7:35 am

elizabethswann wrote:That's what it felt like MmeLeota, granted that I had stayed in DCA the entire day. It wasn't bad, though; people got to have some fun and it entertained those that weren't at the show. The park was limited with Paradise Pier being shut down so all they had were Grizzly River Run, Soarin' Over California, the attractions in Hollywood Pictures Backlot and that was it.
Wow! Hadn't realized how much of the park was shut down for the show :shock:

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Jun Sun 13, 2010 11:13 am

I don't like that at all. Is there any place to go, to avoid this?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:That's what it felt like MmeLeota, granted that I had stayed in DCA the entire day. It wasn't bad, though; people got to have some fun and it entertained those that weren't at the show. The park was limited with Paradise Pier being shut down so all they had were Grizzly River Run, Soarin' Over California, the attractions in Hollywood Pictures Backlot and that was it.
Oh yeah, especially since all the lights around Paradise Pier (save for Mickey's Fun Wheel since it cooperates with the show), you don't really get to do much.

And eric, if you want to avoid it, make a run for Disneyland or Downtown Disney.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Jun Mon 14, 2010 5:03 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
Oh yeah, especially since all the lights around Paradise Pier (save for Mickey's Fun Wheel since it cooperates with the show), you don't really get to do much.

And eric, if you want to avoid it, make a run for Disneyland or Downtown Disney.
I can't. I got out voted. My family said it looks fun. (I'll bring ear plugs.)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 14, 2010 5:08 pm

ericpabear wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:And eric, if you want to avoid it, make a run for Disneyland or Downtown Disney.
I can't. I got out voted. My family said it looks fun. (I'll bring ear plugs.)
That sounds smart! It looks loud :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 14, 2010 5:39 pm

ericpabear wrote: I can't. I got out voted. My family said it looks fun. (I'll bring ear plugs.)
Why not go sit inside Muppet vision or the animation building? Or go check out Aladdin...I heard there are supposed to be a couple of shows added for this purpose.

But as a back up, ear plugs sound like a great idea!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 14, 2010 11:57 pm

You can still go on Tower of Terror, go to Muppetvision, the Monsters Inc ride or spend time in the Animation Building (granted it's still open. I didn't see the marquee running when I filmed the video).