Glow Fest at California Adventure's

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Glow Fest at California Adventure's

Post by momeja » Jul Tue 13, 2010 10:22 am

It's not my style either, but it does kind of remind me of an update to "Date Night at Disneyland."

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Ok...now that I've seen it in person I have to say it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But it was bad enough. We watched the show at the beginning, but didn't stay for the whole thing.

Now, what I didn't realize is that the holding area (for the Blue section at least) is right in front of the Winery so technically, you can see/hear the show while you're waiting to see/hear the show. GRRRR!!!! (More on that in the report).

Hubby had gone to get in line and I went to check out the whole after dark Glow Fest thing and there were a few aspects I kind of liked about it. (but I wasn't about to participate!)

...I'll go into that more in the report

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Jul Mon 26, 2010 2:37 am

I actually really like how they are trying to make california adventure more appealing and popular.

The glow fest is music and dancing which makes it kinda of fun and totally attracts teenagers and kids. There is also a bar set up that sells alcohol which Im sure 21 and over just love.

Also, I just watched World of color and I thought it was pretty good. It was really pretty and it went back to some of the classic forgotten disney movies like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lion King, Pocahantas, Bambi and Dumbo. Also some of the newer movies were shown too like Wall-E, A bugs Life, Toy Story, and even Pirates of the Carribean.

I really enjoyed it and thought Disney did a pretty good job.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Thu 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Here's a look at the new ElecTRONica, which is Glow Fest's replacement. It looks pretty neat.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ectronica/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 02, 2010 2:24 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Here's a look at the new ElecTRONica, which is Glow Fest's replacement. It looks pretty neat.

It looks better than the Glow Fest did ~ that seemed sort of tacky.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Thu 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Here's a look at the new ElecTRONica, which is Glow Fest's replacement. It looks pretty neat.

It looks better than the Glow Fest did ~ that seemed sort of tacky.
I still enjoyed Glow Fest but this is neat to see that it's also promotion for Tron: Legacy.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Thu 02, 2010 2:28 pm

I agree... THIS looks really cool and something I that I would definitely check out if I was there. Glow Fest just didn't appeal to me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 02, 2010 6:29 pm

NaCler wrote:I agree... THIS looks really cool and something I that I would definitely check out if I was there. Glow Fest just didn't appeal to me.
Great minds think alike :D ;)

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 04, 2010 10:50 am

I honestly don't like it too much. I really think Disney needs to get movie marketing like this out of the parks.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Len90 wrote:I honestly don't like it too much. I really think Disney needs to get movie marketing like this out of the parks.
It would be better fitting in Downtown Disney since there ARE movie theaters there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 04, 2010 3:15 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Len90 wrote:I honestly don't like it too much. I really think Disney needs to get movie marketing like this out of the parks.
It would be better fitting in Downtown Disney since there ARE movie theaters there.
It does seem like it would be a good fit for DD. But, isn't the main reason it is in CA so the crowds have something to do while waiting for their Wonderful World of Color viewing time?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sat 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what it is, Amy. It's a filler for Word of Color and I won't lie, I did love it when I went there opening day to both.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 04, 2010 11:06 pm

If you went to the Flynn's Arcade events they did this year and last year down in San Diego you know that it's going to be great. It sounds like they are going to move the stuff from Flynn's and the End of Line club to DCA for the event. :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sat 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:

If you went to the Flynn's Arcade events they did this year and last year down in San Diego you know that it's going to be great. It sounds like they are going to move the stuff from Flynn's and the End of Line club to DCA for the event. :D
They were at Comic Con, right? I went there and passed by the Tron stage area and didn't get a chance to see it all but I got some photos of the light cycle.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Not really, they were there for comicon, but I didn't go to that. The Flynn's Arcade was in a storefront/warehouse nearby. If you are following Flynn Lives (you should, their free stuff is awesome) you got info on where to photograph Tron "artifacts" in San Diego, which then would get you an Identity Disc, which also came with a VIP ticket for the first night and other stuff (I got a poster, coaster, autographs from Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxliter) and the End of Line Club was much more active than in subsequent nights.