What to do when you're bored in line...

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Tue 03, 2005 11:55 am

kgmadorin wrote:That's why I recommend--*ta-da!*--a pair of really dark sunglasses! My wife and I always go well-equipped.
LOL!! :lol: No doubt!!

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Tue 03, 2005 1:11 pm

kgmadorin wrote:
AKLRULZ wrote:
kgmadorin wrote:We peoplewatch. There's no better place than a Disney theme park for peoplewatching.
Even funnier when you get busted staring while people watching! :D
Yeah, but sometimes you can't help staring... :shock: That's why I recommend--*ta-da!*--a pair of really dark sunglasses! My wife and I always go well-equipped.
Gah! I scratched my sunglasses on this trip. It seems to me that everytime my family goes, someone loses, breaks, scratches their glasses. It was my turn this time. :evil:
-Club33Hopeful

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Tue 03, 2005 1:25 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote: Gah! I scratched my sunglasses on this trip. It seems to me that everytime my family goes, someone loses, breaks, scratches their glasses. It was my turn this time. :evil:
You're not alone. The sunglasses bins in Lost and Found were always full to the brim. I'd estimate no fewer than fifty pairs of sunglasses per day in the Magic Kingdom alone.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 19, 2009 3:09 pm

I thought I'd try to revive this topic since it could always come in handy. :)

So, what do you do while waiting in line?

I noticed a lot of folks said they people watch & daydream/stare off into space...that's what we do. Sometimes we'll discuss other trips to the park because there is always something that strikes our memory of a past trip.

But I like the idea of the 20 questions game...we'll have to try that one.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Play my iPod, talk with my friends on AIM via my sidekick, sing or quote stuff with my family. I like to bring things with me to keep me entertained. Come on, it's Disneyland - what else are we to do while waiting in line besides stare at the wall? :lol:

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Oct Tue 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I check Twitter, post pics that I took since the last ride or even day, plan out how i am going to get shots inside the ride (or if I even want to try).
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 20, 2009 2:40 pm

You know, the 20 questions game is an interesting idea. Funny how we never thought of doing that, especially considering that we play that game all the time on road trips...! :shock:
Anyway, we usually just people-watch and soak up the ambience, rejoicing in just being there... unless we're feeling tired and grumpy, then we kind of stand there and sulk....
Sometimes we amuse ourselves by searching for hidden Mickeys, or trying to figure out how the scenery or something was built.... stuff like that. But mostly people-watching.... 8-) 8-)

Chicery
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by Chicery » Nov Sun 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Whenever I'm with a companion or a group, we have thumb war championships. You can also play the straight-face game, where you stare into each other's eyes and try not to laugh.

A little off-topic, but I like to watch the scenery and the effort put into making the queues interesting for the riders. I'm a little disappointed I've never actually waited the full hour for Indiana Jones, so I can examine the surroundings.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sun 01, 2009 2:49 pm

If its just me - I have a book of Soduko. If with others, its usually plotting our course once we out of the ride (which ride next, eating, etc.).

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sun 01, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm in the people watching group. You can always tell when the wife has laid out everybody's cloths, they all match. I love when the wife and the kids match and the husband is totally out of theme. There are also the "Did they get a hotel room without mirrors?" it's amazing the cloths some people think match!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sun 01, 2009 6:45 pm

I can understand the school groups, tourist groups, etc. that all have the matching T-shirts, but I always feel sorry for those families that have to go in all matching outfits.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sun 01, 2009 7:00 pm

My DW themes us when we're out. It's either by color or by character. I'm not allowed to pack my own bags, she packs for everybody. Mind are you married, it doesn't sound like it. The married guys here know what I'm talking about, especially the older ones. I tell you the same thing I tell my DSs "If the woman is happy the house is happy!" If dressing us alike makes her happy so be it. ;+>
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: What to do when you're bored in line...

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 29, 2011 11:47 am

We are always on the hunt for Hidden Mickey's. The kids are always trying to find them and keeps them occupied, so t makes the line feel shorter.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: What to do when you're bored in line...

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 30, 2011 2:25 pm

proudcanuck wrote:We are always on the hunt for Hidden Mickey's. The kids are always trying to find them and keeps them occupied, so t makes the line feel shorter.
That's a great one. We do that, too.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re:

Post by Sparten » May Mon 02, 2011 12:11 pm

mindflipper wrote:I can understand the school groups, tourist groups, etc. that all have the matching T-shirts, but I always feel sorry for those families that have to go in all matching outfits.
Im Not sorry for that, I went with my family (who all practically live 1 hour away :roll: ) which was about 15 at the time! But our shirt said " were all one family... Be afraid!" I wish that shirt still fit!

Now for what I like to do In line, hmm OH Usually we have our hidden mickey booklet, and for the obsessively long lines, like Toy Story Mania, we have a tiny board of magnetic checkers or chess to play with. and then there your family to talk too, you can always laugh and make jokes if you want.
And I will have to try the 20 questions idea It sounds fun! :D
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D