Fantasmic! Gallery Viewing

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Fantasmic! Gallery Viewing

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Thu 28, 2005 10:21 am

I heard from a friend that watching Fantasmic! from the Disney Gallery is something that we should try during our visit to DL next month. He also said that in order to get reservations, I had to call exactly at 8:00 a.m. 30 days in advance. So like a lunatic I kept hitting the redial button this morning until I was able to get through, and was lucky enough to reserve two spaces. However, I had no idea it was over $50 per ticket! Now, my question to all of you is are the tickets worth the price? They said the reservation is non-refundable, so I'm stuck with them either way, but I would like to know if anyone has had the Disney Gallery Fantasmic experience.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:50 pm

I haven't done it myself. I believe it's a great view. I've looked out the windows and it's definately center line. I don't know if they said, but you also get a pastry and coffee. At Disney's prices that would probably cost you 10 bucks. You also get to sit. So, you can look at it as paying 40 bucks to have a great view and sit in a padded chair.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

fantasmic

Post by sockfire » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:02 pm

The price is only going to get higher. It used to be 30-40 bucks. I regret not doing this sooner...

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:03 pm

I went about 5 years ago. It was definitely fun, and something every Disneyland freak should try at least once, but it's a bit too expensive to justify doing it every trip. The best part was the food though - back then they had a buffet of fruits and desserts prepared by the Club 33 chef, along with all the complimentary drinks you wanted. Definitely not as worth it if they don't have the food, but it should still be a fun experience that you won't regret having tried.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:21 pm

I've heard about the gallery viewing, but never done done. I think my reasong is that even though it's good seats, its just not close enough. But yeah, my legs do get tired from sitting scrunched up on the floor for +20 minutes.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:25 pm

Thanks, everybody! You've made me feel a lot better about it. We only get out to the west coast about once every five years, so I really don't mind splurging a little. I would just hate to be throwing the money away.

They did mention that there is a dessert buffet, but I didn't ask about the details. I'll be sure to write a review when I return home!

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:40 pm

If the desserts are still there, try the pumpkin cheesecake. It's like pumpkin pie and cheesecake get together and make a baby in your mouth. Okay, maybe that's not a very tasty description...still, it's good!

DisneyManInSeattle
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by DisneyManInSeattle » Apr Thu 28, 2005 4:22 pm

My wife and I did the balcony seating back in Feb. We thought it was a waste of money and time. It is too easy to be distracted and the view wasn't that good (they put like 15 to 20 people on the balcony).

I guess the main problem is that we have spent so much time watching F! just on the ground and that is what we are used to and have enjoyed that the change to the balcony wasn't better.

-mark

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » Apr Thu 28, 2005 5:30 pm

DisneyManInSeattle wrote:My wife and I did the balcony seating back in Feb. We thought it was a waste of money and time. It is too easy to be distracted and the view wasn't that good (they put like 15 to 20 people on the balcony).

I guess the main problem is that we have spent so much time watching F! just on the ground and that is what we are used to and have enjoyed that the change to the balcony wasn't better.

-mark
Just to offer a quick counterpoint: Assuming they haven't changed policy since I went, they seat guests based on who ordered their seats first. So if you were the first person to order that day, you should be front row centre. It also means that you don't have to worry about showing up early to line up for a good seat, because you'll be getting the same seat whether you get there a half hour or 5 minutes before seating starts.

I'm really sorry to hear that it was such a poor experience for you and your wife, DisneyManInSeattle. I guess it's just a matter of taste, but it sucks that you had to spend so much money just to find out that it's not your thing.

DisneyManInSeattle

Post by DisneyManInSeattle » Apr Thu 28, 2005 5:44 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that it was such a poor experience for you and your wife, DisneyManInSeattle. I guess it's just a matter of taste, but it sucks that you had to spend so much money just to find out that it's not your thing.
No problem. Yup we showed up an hour before hand and were told that they usually seat based upon purchase order. We got stuck to the right of center where we had to look around the railing post.

I guess the other parts of the experience also affected our opinion of things:
1) The crowds down on the ground are more "into" F! so you get into it also. Like when Mickey appears everyone shouts and claps. Nobody did that on the balcony. Not even a "golf clap" type experience.
2) Having plates of food, cups of hot chocolate and napkins were cool, but the food distracted us from enjoying the show.
3) People talking on the balcony made it a distraction

-mark

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Fri 29, 2005 7:42 am

Thanks for your opinions. It's interesting to hear such different points of view on the same experience.

This will be my wife's first time visiting Disneyland and the first time she will be seeing Fantasmic! there. Though she has seen the show in WDW many times, I keep telling her that the Disneyland version blows it away. I do hope she'll enjoy the Disney Gallery experience, as I'm not really doing it for myself. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Apr Fri 29, 2005 12:15 pm

I have balcony seats tonight. I will post back how the experience was.
-Club33Hopeful

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Apr Sat 30, 2005 12:42 am

Just got back from Fantasmic. It was wonderful from the balcony. Dessert was good, viewing was excellent! People on the balcony were into it and no one was talking over the show. Plus, I didn't have to wait for hours with two small kids. I know everyone's experiences are different. I would gladly pay again for the experience I had.
-Club33Hopeful

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Tue 03, 2005 11:20 am

Club33Hopeful wrote:Just got back from Fantasmic. It was wonderful from the balcony. Dessert was good, viewing was excellent! People on the balcony were into it and no one was talking over the show. Plus, I didn't have to wait for hours with two small kids. I know everyone's experiences are different. I would gladly pay again for the experience I had.
Thanks SO much, Club33! You've heightened my spirits and my excitement about my visit in a few weeks. I really appreciate it!
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Tue 03, 2005 1:12 pm

As a DL novice, this sounds like an amazing experience! Never knew about it and would love to try it if we can make it out this fall!! 8)