Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Post by mommyfor2 » Mar Thu 04, 2010 6:06 pm

My family & I have having a small family reunion at Disneyland in April & my parents are wanting to treat us to the BBQ at Thunder Ranch, so I was just curious to c how it was? Is it expensive & worth the money? Is it buffet style or all u can eat? And will kids like it? I tried to find out more from Disney Dining itself, but all I kept getting was positive comments from them, which having worked at Disneyland myself back in the 90's they are trained to do..but I am wanting different opinions..so if anyone has been or eaten there & has some feedback, let me know..Thanks

"A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES"

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Mar Thu 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I love Thunder Ranch BBQ. Absolutely love it! Lots of food. I think they had something for everyone. I would definitely recommend it. I ate there last November.

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Mar Fri 05, 2010 8:20 am

I love Big Thunder BBQ! Nowadays I think it's the same style food with a few items missing....

They WERE taking reservations and was about 30 bucks a person, but that might have changed since they brought it back

From Disney Website:

Want to have a fun-filled lunch or dinner – or even do something out of the ordinary to celebrate a special occasion? Have a cowboy-style time — with delightful live entertainment and a Critter Corral — in the spirit of the Wild West!

Each all-you-care-to-enjoy Family-style Lunch includes:

Barbecue Chicken and Ribs
Cookie's Cole Slaw
Ranch Beans
Cornbread
Barbecue tofu and veggie skewers available upon request and cowboy cone cakes and a variety of beverages are available for an additional cost.

Each all-you-care-to-enjoy Family-style Dinner includes:

Barbecue Chicken and Ribs
Smoked Sausages
Cookie's Cole Slaw
Ranch Beans
Corn Wheels
Cornbread
Barbecue tofu and veggie skewers available upon request and cowboy cone cakes and a variety of beverages are available for an additional cost.
Plus: Children ages 3-9 will receive a Souvenir Sipper cup with choice of beverage

Cuisine: American
Service Type: Casual Dining
Price Range: $$$ ($20-$30 per person) *
Meals Served: Lunch, Dinner

I remember it being very tasty...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 06, 2010 1:16 am

Sounds positive so far but that is a lot of money - all you can eat doesn't help me out when at most I want a child's meal since those tend to be such large portions by themselves.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Post by ericpabear » Mar Sat 06, 2010 9:20 am

mommyfor2 wrote:My family & I have having a small family reunion at Disneyland in April & my parents are wanting to treat us to the BBQ at Thunder Ranch, so I was just curious to c how it was? Is it expensive & worth the money? Is it buffet style or all u can eat? And will kids like it? I tried to find out more from Disney Dining itself, but all I kept getting was positive comments from them, which having worked at Disneyland myself back in the 90's they are trained to do..but I am wanting different opinions..so if anyone has been or eaten there & has some feedback, let me know..Thanks

"A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES"

I am so glad you asked this question.
We too are thinking of eat'n here. We are at the planning phase, and meals are a top priority for us. Thanks again, and thanks to all the contributors.

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Mar Sat 13, 2010 9:39 pm

All you can eat now, huh?

I remember when it was Esmeralda's BBQ when the Festival of Fools was there! It wasn't all you can eat then, but it sure was yummy! We ate there every day when we were on vacation in '96!
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Akyriel

Post by Akyriel » Mar Mon 15, 2010 12:57 pm

casrin wrote:...when the Festival of Fools was there!
OMG I sooooo miss the Festival of Fools :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Akyriel wrote:
casrin wrote:...when the Festival of Fools was there!
OMG I sooooo miss the Festival of Fools :(
You are not alone on that one! What a great show!

I haven't eaten there since they changed it to Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, but if the food is anything like it used to be, it's gotta be good.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Wed 17, 2010 11:18 am

Back when it was the BBQ I LOVED the Cow-Poke BBQ sandwich. I haven't been there to eat since it opened because I think it's too expensive.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

ambiguity123
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by ambiguity123 » Apr Sat 24, 2010 9:33 am

It used to be one of the best deals in the park as the portions were quite large compared to other DL restaurants, but the prices were about the same. Wasn't there a big chicken dish that had plenty for two?
DisneyBakers

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 04, 2011 12:58 pm

I have seen quite a few pictures of the BBQ and it's definitely
On my list the next time we are @ DL. Looks delicious.