Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney's World of Color Start Date

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 13, 2011 2:03 am

mindflipper wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Here is a map, worsst section would probably be blue or standing behind the projections on the boardwalk. Your ticket will tell you what time window you need to be there between and that they won't accomodate early arrivals.

I'm not sure if it's random in the sense that you get your pass for one of the 3 sections (green is for dining package people) but what happens is that one person from your party gives all your groups park tickets to the person giving out the passes and they give you a set of tickets for a section for the show (the sign at the front will say which show they are giving out tickets for). Be sure to go there first thing as they are sold out fast, they open the distribution up 30 mins. before DCA opens.
Hey, Wizzard419, you say the tickets sell out fast - how much $$$ do the tickets cost?
For you? I will charge you only $50 and your left eye. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 8:47 am

Bad Wizzard :evil:
Here is the info I found mindflipper... http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys ... or/dining/
Basically lunch or dinner will set you back $30 - $40 for adults and $19 - $21 for children. The restaurants that offer character dining do not offer characters during these special WoC dining package meals, so you can't try to fit in 2 things in one meal :(
The picnic meals might be the best option for $15, but not if you are a hearty eater by looking at the photos of the meals...and they are only sold until they sell out, which according to the site I was looking at, can happen in a couple hours of when they start selling them at 11:30.
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplan ... cnic.shtml

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Found this in one of the latest MiceChat's ~ credit to poster asianbma for the video. The first video is the full show at around 29 minutes, the second is a sped up version in under 2 minutes ~ very cool :cool:
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-r ... lapse.html

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Fri 21, 2011 1:40 am

Ooh, that's a good video there! The sped up one was amusing to me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 21, 2011 7:26 am

elizabethswann wrote:Ooh, that's a good video there! The sped up one was amusing to me.
I thought it was good. I'm thinking I would appreciate the sped up one more if I watched the full, actual time show first, but I just didn't have the attention span for that last night :roll:

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Jan Thu 27, 2011 4:14 am

this show is so amazing, i cant wait till they bring it to florida.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 7:34 am

masterj345 wrote:this show is so amazing, i cant wait till they bring it to florida.
I'm guessing that the World of Color will stay unique to Cali

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Jan Thu 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Amy wrote:
masterj345 wrote:this show is so amazing, i cant wait till they bring it to florida.
That would be my guess too. But who knows with Disney.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Josh Q wrote:
Amy wrote:
And I bet a lot of people would have thought the same of Fantasmic too - but behold! - it got added to MGM/DHS. And Fantasmic to be installed at DisneySea over at TDL looks to be a mix incorporating WoC as well. Maybe WoC could be Illuminations replacement over at EPCOT? They've been running the "Millenium" edition since 2000.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Josh Q wrote:
Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:And I bet a lot of people would have thought the same of Fantasmic too - but behold! - it got added to MGM/DHS. And Fantasmic to be installed at DisneySea over at TDL looks to be a mix incorporating WoC as well. Maybe WoC could be Illuminations replacement over at EPCOT? They've been running the "Millenium" edition since 2000.
Dare we hope? I like Illuminations but WoC looks awesome! I wonder how long it would take to drain the World Showcase Lagoon though, I always thought that was pretty deep :shock:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 27, 2011 4:57 pm

I wouldn't put any money on it (at least something of the same scope) because the sheer size of the world showcase lagoon. That and they would have to probably get rid of the friendships since the platforms are not that deep in the water.

That and you would have the usual fan riots because it's another of the beloved shows. :D

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Thu 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I wouldn't put any money on it (at least something of the same scope) because the sheer size of the world showcase lagoon. That and they would have to probably get rid of the friendships since the platforms are not that deep in the water.

That and you would have the usual fan riots because it's another of the beloved shows. :D

I agree there would be a lot of people VERY angry if Illuminations left. But, when thinking about where WOC would go in WDW this one of the first spots that came to mind.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Josh Q wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I wouldn't put any money on it (at least something of the same scope) because the sheer size of the world showcase lagoon. That and they would have to probably get rid of the friendships since the platforms are not that deep in the water.
I agree there would be a lot of people VERY angry if Illuminations left. But, when thinking about where WOC would go in WDW this one of the first spots that came to mind.
Maybe when the fifth gate gets built, they will have an arena built specifically for WoC, with stadium seating ala Fantasmic :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 27, 2011 6:44 pm

That would be possible, but it would be rather wasteful since the footprint would be so large and it would only have about an hour of action a day.

Going back to Epcot, I know a lot of people say it doesn't stick to it's theme but Illuminations does stick to the world showcase theme of hippies and how awful world peace would be. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:That would be possible, but it would be rather wasteful since the footprint would be so large and it would only have about an hour of action a day.
Going back to Epcot, I know a lot of people say it doesn't stick to it's theme but Illuminations does stick to the world showcase theme of hippies and how awful world peace would be. :D
The Fantasmic area takes up a ton of space in WDW and is only used once or twice a day at the most. I wouldn't think the WoC would be much different. And the water could be a pretty thing to look at during the day ~ assuming the platforms were working correctly and could be fully submerged ;) Not as many earthquakes in Florida as there are in Cali...