AP ticket options

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Wed 20, 2005 6:16 pm

We have APs for WDW - any clue to any crossover benefits at DL?

d00watiwant

WDW crossover

Post by d00watiwant » Apr Wed 20, 2005 8:44 pm

I saw someone one time came to the park with WDW AP and they where stopped at the gate. They where then sent to Guest services outside the park. I'm not sure if they got in, but they should have. Or atleast offered passes. I would call the disneyland resort. I mean it's only fair that if you spend all that money for a year you should be able to get into any of the park. That goes for Paris and Tokyo.

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Thu 21, 2005 6:08 am

I'm pretty sure that our passes won't get us into DL or DCA, but was wondering if the hotels might provide some sort of crossover benefit. Would be great is Disney came out with a DL/WDW combo AP pass, though, eh?! :)

d00watiwant

They should "DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!"

Post by d00watiwant » Apr Thu 21, 2005 4:08 pm

I think that would be awesome... I'd buy it. I would be in Florida in a heartbeat.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Thu 21, 2005 6:44 pm

I wonder if WDCompany has ever considered such a thing?
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Fri 22, 2005 8:54 am

AKLRULZ wrote:I'm pretty sure that our passes won't get us into DL or DCA, but was wondering if the hotels might provide some sort of crossover benefit. Would be great is Disney came out with a DL/WDW combo AP pass, though, eh?! :)
Here's a VERY little known piece of information. (KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES!!!)

You can use WDW ticket media to enter either of the parks at DLR. In order to do that, just visit Guest Relations. Though the Cast Members hate doing it, they are required to allow entry.

Likewise, you can use DLR ticket media at WDW, but you must pay a small fee, because WDW tickets are more expensive.

Now, the Guest Relations Cast Members HATE doing those transactions, because they are a pain in the butt from an operations standpoint. I know from experience. So, if they give you a problem and say they cannot do it, just ask to speak with a manager.

One drawback: Unless the CM is VERY nice, the tickets will only allow entry to one park, even if the original media was a park-hopper.

Just remember that this is a SECRET. You didn't hear it from me.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Fri 22, 2005 8:59 am

My lips are sealed, and I heard nothing, I know nothing!!!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Fri 22, 2005 6:48 pm

bostoncg wrote: I know nothing!!!
not something you should go around advertising... :lol:
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

d00watiwant

Best News EVER!!!

Post by d00watiwant » Apr Sat 23, 2005 2:37 am

You can use WDW ticket media to enter either of the parks at DLR. In order to do that, just visit Guest Relations. Though the Cast Members hate doing it, they are required to allow entry.

Likewise, you can use DLR ticket media at WDW, but you must pay a small fee, because WDW tickets are more expensive.

Now, the Guest Relations Cast Members HATE doing those transactions, because they are a pain in the butt from an operations standpoint. I know from experience. So, if they give you a problem and say they cannot do it, just ask to speak with a manager.

One drawback: Unless the CM is VERY nice, the tickets will only allow entry to one park, even if the original media was a park-hopper.

Seriously I wont say a thing but this is the best news I have had in a longtime. Thank you kgmadorin! :D [/quote]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Sat 23, 2005 7:22 am

kgmadorin wrote:
AKLRULZ wrote:I'm pretty sure that our passes won't get us into DL or DCA, but was wondering if the hotels might provide some sort of crossover benefit. Would be great is Disney came out with a DL/WDW combo AP pass, though, eh?! :)

Wow, that is huge! Now just to clarify -- we have annual passes to WDW, not hoppers (or MYW as they're called now). Based on what you have stated, will the APs from WDW be honored at DL/DCA? I've always understood this to be no.

cruiseguy7011
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Sat 23, 2005 4:51 pm

I highly doubt that AP's will be accepted. I have heard about the reg. tix being accepted in the past. But I think AP's are a completely different stroy. I could be wrong but I don't think WDW AP's will work at DLR.
-Cruiseguy

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Sun 24, 2005 6:00 am

Thanks cruiseguy, I didn't think APs were honored.

cruiseguy7011

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Sun 24, 2005 6:29 am

AKLRULZ wrote:Thanks cruiseguy, I didn't think APs were honored.
I would still contact DLR if you are considering giving it a shot. I could be wrong.
:| -Cruiseguy

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Apr Sun 24, 2005 4:38 pm

cruiseguy7011 wrote:I have heard about the reg. tix being accepted in the past.
In the past, they have let you exchange tickets for other parks for the value that you paid. For example, you bring tickets from WDW to Disneyland, and the paid valye of those tickets was $200 total, they would take them and give you $200 credit towards new tickets at DLR. At least, last time I checked, that was the policy. This was a few years ago and they had nor cross-over benefits.

-Club33Hopeful

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Mon 25, 2005 8:03 am

AKLRULZ wrote: Wow, that is huge! Now just to clarify -- we have annual passes to WDW, not hoppers (or MYW as they're called now). Based on what you have stated, will the APs from WDW be honored at DL/DCA? I've always understood this to be no.
Unfortunately, that is correct. Annual Passes cannot be used on either coast. They are strictly limited to one resort, either Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Only park hopper (magic your way) tickets my be interchanged. Sorry!