Tom Sawyer Island may be replaced by "Lost" T.V Sh

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 06, 2010 1:19 pm

The idea of its so ridiculous that I agree, the BIGyowski, how can so many think this is true? LOST will end Sunday, May 23, 2010. It's ratings the past few years have not been in the top 20 in the Nielsen Ratings. It's craze is no where as large as, let's say, Harry Potter has been. In less than a year, it will be pretty much forgotten. Disney would not waste time and resources for anything that would only have such a short-term interest. They would want to invest time and resources in attractions that would produce long-term interest. It would be practical business practices.

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: Tom Sawyer Island may be replaced by "Lost" T.V Sh

Post by Tigger Fan » Jan Wed 12, 2011 11:31 am

This can't be any worse than when they were redoing Lincoln, they considered a reenactment of John Wilkes Booth shooting the president. I think the mail bag and phone lines are still cooling down from that.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 12, 2011 11:32 am

Tigger Fan wrote:This can't be any worse than when they were redoing Lincoln, they considered a reenactment of John Wilkes Booth shooting the president. I think the mail bag and phone lines are still cooling down from that.
That might be a little traumatic for the youngens!! :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Some at Disney can be nutty, but I don't think anyone would have that downright stupid. I have a feeling that is more an urban myth than anything else.

Tigger Fan

Post by Tigger Fan » Jan Wed 12, 2011 1:44 pm

They kept the civil war theme by doing Mathew Brady's photo studio, not Ford's theater.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Tigger Fan wrote:They kept the civil war theme by doing Mathew Brady's photo studio, not Ford's theater.
I believe that sequence is duplicated from EPCOT's American Adventure, and uses the same song, "Two Brothers."

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Jan Wed 19, 2011 11:58 am

"Lost" replacing Tom Sawyer Island??? Didn't Disney try this already with the "Stretch Limo Ride" when California Adventure first opened? That ride didn't even last a year. Seeing scary animated characters like Whoopi Goldberg and Joan Rivers just wasn't enjoyable, or had anything to do with Disneyland. I hope there won't be any scary animated charters like Ben or John Locke just standing there with a dumb look on their faces. This will become another temporary park attraction that will have to be replaced again a year or so after it opens. Sigh...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:04 pm

proudcanuck wrote:"Lost" replacing Tom Sawyer Island??? Didn't Disney try this already with the "Stretch Limo Ride" when California Adventure first opened? That ride didn't even last a year. Seeing scary animated characters like Whoopi Goldberg and Joan Rivers just wasn't enjoyable, or had anything to do with Disneyland. I hope there won't be any scary animated charters like Ben or John Locke just standing there with a dumb look on their faces. This will become another temporary park attraction that will have to be replaced again a year or so after it opens. Sigh...
Man, I wish this topic would just die sometimes! Tom Sawyer Island is NOT being replaced with anything from LOST. The TV show is over and done with now. This was an internet rumor and nothing more. Tom Sawyer Island is safe...for now...

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:21 pm

mindflipper wrote: Man, I wish this topic would just die sometimes! Tom Sawyer Island is NOT being replaced with anything from LOST. The TV show is over and done with now. This was an internet rumor and nothing more. Tom Sawyer Island is safe...for now...
Lol hahah Seriously! Although a crazy French woman running around TSI with a gun would be interesting Lol haha
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:28 pm

mindflipper wrote:
proudcanuck wrote:"Lost" replacing Tom Sawyer Island??? Didn't Disney try this already with the "Stretch Limo Ride" when California Adventure first opened? That ride didn't even last a year. Seeing scary animated characters like Whoopi Goldberg and Joan Rivers just wasn't enjoyable, or had anything to do with Disneyland. I hope there won't be any scary animated charters like Ben or John Locke just standing there with a dumb look on their faces. This will become another temporary park attraction that will have to be replaced again a year or so after it opens. Sigh...
Man, I wish this topic would just die sometimes! Tom Sawyer Island is NOT being replaced with anything from LOST. The TV show is over and done with now. This was an internet rumor and nothing more. Tom Sawyer Island is safe...for now...
You could always lobby the mods to lock the topic...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Josh Q wrote:
mindflipper wrote: Man, I wish this topic would just die sometimes! Tom Sawyer Island is NOT being replaced with anything from LOST. The TV show is over and done with now. This was an internet rumor and nothing more. Tom Sawyer Island is safe...for now...
Lol hahah Seriously! Although a crazy French woman running around TSI with a gun would be interesting Lol haha
I don't remember Danielle Rousseau being a character in the Mark Twain classic, but you know how "creative license" can be taken with literary works nowadays. And besides the gun, what about all the booby traps she had set all over the island? Could you see the kids having fun being caught in the traps? :wink:

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:58 pm

mindflipper wrote: I don't remember Danielle Rousseau being a character in the Mark Twain classic, but you know how "creative license" can be taken with literary works nowadays. And besides the gun, what about all the booby traps she had set all over the island? Could you see the kids having fun being caught in the traps? :wink:
Lol hahahaha! kids all over hanging upside down from trees! hahaha
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Josh Q wrote:
mindflipper wrote: I don't remember Danielle Rousseau being a character in the Mark Twain classic, but you know how "creative license" can be taken with literary works nowadays. And besides the gun, what about all the booby traps she had set all over the island? Could you see the kids having fun being caught in the traps? :wink:
Lol hahahaha! kids all over hanging upside down from trees! hahaha
Although the Dharma Iniatitive research stations could make a great "dark ride" somewhere, maybe in DHS at WDW...

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Wed 19, 2011 1:28 pm

mf - I think I would rather people talk about LOST taking over Tom Sawyer's Island more than if they were turning it into Fairy Land or something. But I agree... Mods can we have a lock on this one???

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 2:13 pm

NaCler wrote:mf - I think I would rather people talk about LOST taking over Tom Sawyer's Island more than if they were turning it into Fairy Land or something. But I agree... Mods can we have a lock on this one???
I would PM Len90, but I have sent him enough PM's about deleting spam postings that I worry he's going to explode if he sees another one from me.