Tom Sawyer Island may be replaced by "Lost" T.V Sh

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Tue 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Well if they did it you good tell someone to get LOST and then show them where that is!!!!

HA!!! I KILL ME!!!!Image
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Tue 26, 2010 9:45 pm

HAHA That was a good one, Jacca!

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by hackmonkey » Feb Thu 18, 2010 11:02 am

I am a huge fan of the show but would not want to see this in the park. As mentioned earlier, it would not stand the test of time and is a bit abstract in comparison to the rest of the park. I don't think it could be enjoyed by the average person without knowing the details of the show. As a big fan of the show, the concept does have merits, but not in DL. Please no.

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Mar Mon 01, 2010 8:31 pm

:shock: I'm shuddering at the thought of this :shock:

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Mar Tue 02, 2010 7:01 pm

LOST on Tom Sawyers Island would be a real no no, from a Disney perspective, I would like to see an updated Tom Sawyer Island, with live anamatronics. Possibly little critters along the backside of rivers of america.

It would be cool if they could some how put a One Way tunnel under the Rivers of America. Then come out near Big Thunder. This way you could take the rafts over then leave at a more leisurely pace.

:ariel: :ariel: :ariel:

Never to old for Disney!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 02, 2010 8:09 pm

It was an on-line petition that was circulating - the idea of turning the island into the LOST island was NEVER a Disney idea. Yeh, Disney has had some lame-brained ideas in the past - but this was not one of theirs! :mickey:

soldhamgm
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by soldhamgm » Mar Mon 22, 2010 4:21 pm

OK, this blog is in need of a major overhaul ...

I am almost livid from the lack of creativity shown by this cavalcade of a bland, romanticized demographic. This LOST petition is an idea of GENIUS thinking! I've never been a steady fan of the show, though I have marveled at an episode or two, as many have portrayed some of the most brilliant work in television history. Granted, this idea and your (collective, because everyone on here has said the SAME thing) rebuttals - as EVERY idea the Disney Co itself has - is littered with pros and cons. Here is my short (or perhaps too long for you) list:

Truths: This idea would be better suited at DCA or DHS for numerous reasons. However, DCA has expansion enough and DHS is unfortunately stuck for the moment where it is; unless you were to take out the "Honey" playground (a landmark from my childhood that is quickly fading) the "Lights" stunt show (yeah, I'm tired of this), or even the Backlot tour, which is a awful remnant of its former self. I actually think a LOST playground would be hilarious. Kids will play there simply because its a playground, and adults would love seeing their children run around through sets of their favorite show. Without getting into the smaller details now, this would be incredibly fun to hash out.

Pros that haven't been discussed as such: Tom Sayer's Island and the Swiss/Tarzan treehouse, I believe, are going to need a massive overhaul in the next 5-10-15 years. While many adults love these areas of the park, your children are growing up loving other park areas (they have 6 total Disney theme parks to grow up with now - not just two or three) and other venues for entertainment. Unless Disney plans on releasing an updated Swiss Family or Tom Sawyer movie (does anyone even care for 'Tom and Huck' anymore? No hands raised?) these will not last in their current state. This is why your beloved island is being overrun by pirates.

This does NOT need to be a ridiculous STUNT SHOW. DHS has too many shows as it is. And Disney would NOT be "selling out" with this ... give me a break! It's their property! How could you "sell out" to your own product? And even though LOST is now in its final season, if they were to build this today, I think it would be too early. We need to wait on the final episode. If the finale is great, it will live in television history as one of the greatest shows ever (much to my chagrin) and Disney will incorporate the show somewhere in one of their theme parks (If they did it for Millionaire, they will do it for Lost. I have no doubt in my mind).

... however, Disney has shown time and again that Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are for the child-at-heart (case and point: Alien Encounter. A great attraction for young adults that now lies in ruin). And perhaps the world will soon forget about LOST (though I think not, especially with iTunes and DVD sales).

But Disney will need to compete with Harry Potter when it opens in two months. And although the Fantasyland expansion in Florida and DCA's overhaul might be enough, I believe LOST would seal Universal's fate :-)

Hey, maybe they could just put the Oceanic plane on the island for a special summer event, or perhaps a LOST weekend series like Disney has with Star Wars, which may slowly begin to lose its appeal when the prequels become the culture's dominant memory of George Lucas (and Empire is my all-time favorite movie).

Feel free to let me have it.

soldhamgm

Post by soldhamgm » Mar Mon 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Also, I agree ... the "theming" sadly would be far from fitting.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Mar Mon 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Well if they did it you good tell someone to get LOST and then show them where that is!!!!

HA!!! I KILL ME!!!!Image

Image lol that's funny.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Millionaire2K
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Millionaire2K » Mar Tue 30, 2010 8:42 pm

This will never happen

kcookiebaker
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kcookiebaker » Apr Sun 04, 2010 9:34 am

Good Grief, LOST isn't a classic, and it for certain isn't "Kid Friendly."

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sun 04, 2010 4:42 pm

I say there's nothing like replacing a classic with a flash in the pan. Thankfully, I can't imagine that this turkey of an idea has any real legs.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » May Mon 03, 2010 7:01 pm

What would Walt think?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Tue 04, 2010 1:40 pm

If I'm not mistaken...this story and everything was a joke. It's funny to me how many people stumble upon this and think it's true.

The only "flash in the pan" things Disney uses are its animated movies and animated TV shows. They do that because it attracts kids...and kids have parents who pay money.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Akyriel

Post by Akyriel » May Thu 06, 2010 1:00 pm

jiminycricket wrote:What would Walt think?
Right now Walt is sitting on a park bench eating peanuts and thinking about something better...