Maynard

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

What is your opinion of the famous Maynard?

Love him! The best CM ever!
32%
Hate him! That sort of thing belongs in a circus!
2%
I have no opinion, because I've never seen him in person.
29%
I have no opinion, because I have no idea what you're talking about!
34%
Eh... is this what we're reduced to discussing? I've got to go polish some furniture...
4%

Total votes: 56

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Maynard

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Mon 11, 2011 3:48 pm

I still have yet to find him. I've never got a chance to see him.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 11, 2011 6:45 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I had heard about Maynard for years, and we were never fortunate enough to see him in person. Until last July...
We finally had a chance meeting at the Tiki Room. We chatted with him for a while and he sampled some of his voice characters for us. He is such an amazing guy to talk to. Then we got to hear him do his spiel inside the Tiki Room. He talks fast, but is hilarious!
On the other hand, I could also see where people could think he's a little over the top. It would get old after a while...but for folks who are new to the "Maynard experience", he just seems to add a little something special.
The Tiki Room is a perfect place for him because he doesn't take away from the show. I think he might be a little overkill on Jungle Cruise. (though I've never experienced it)
(if you look cloesly, there is actually a very small pic of Maynard at the HM in my avatar....I cannot take credit for the pic though. Thank you to someone who happened to have that picture posted as an image somewhere in the netmosphere... :D )
I didn't realize he worked at more than the Haunted Mansion ~ it would be fun to meet him since there is so much buzz about him :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 11, 2011 7:23 pm

I don't think I ever saw him during any of my DLR trips - or, at least, I am not aware of it as I don't go to DLR to do Maynardspotting.

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 18, 2011 1:29 am

I met Maynard last week. He is a very talented CM. He took the time to tell me about Disney radio ads, and actually performed one for me, using many of his different voices and everything. Made my DL experience that much better!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Mon 18, 2011 1:49 am

proudcanuck wrote:I met Maynard last week. He is a very talented CM. He took the time to tell me about Disney radio ads, and actually performed one for me, using many of his different voices and everything. Made my DL experience that much better!
Where did you see him/what ride was he working on?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 18, 2011 10:00 am

elizabethswann wrote:
proudcanuck wrote:I met Maynard last week. He is a very talented CM. He took the time to tell me about Disney radio ads, and actually performed one for me, using many of his different voices and everything. Made my DL experience that much better!
Where did you see him/what ride was he working on?
Did you take a photo with him?!

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Apr Mon 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Met him for the first time years ago during a Halloween trip - he was at the Haunted Mansion. I liked him :) he even autographed our sons book and posed for a picture.
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

proudcanuck

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Tue 19, 2011 3:24 am

To respond to Elizabethswann and Amy; when I met Maynard last week, he was assigned to the Lincoln attraction. And yrs, I did getmy picture taken with him. He was very accommodating. 

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 19, 2011 5:26 am

proudcanuck wrote:To respond to Elizabethswann and Amy; when I met Maynard last week, he was assigned to the Lincoln attraction. And yrs, I did getmy picture taken with him. He was very accommodating. 
We'd love to see it if you want to share :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Tue 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Next time I go, I hope to see him! Not sure when I'll go again but we'll see what happens.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 19, 2011 7:53 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Next time I go, I hope to see him! Not sure when I'll go again but we'll see what happens.
Aren't you on break? Go now!! Tell your Mom you want her to take you, just like she took your sisters. Play the guilt card!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Tue 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Next time I go, I hope to see him! Not sure when I'll go again but we'll see what happens.
Aren't you on break? Go now!! Tell your Mom you want her to take you, just like she took your sisters. Play the guilt card!!
Don't listen....Amy is leading down the wrong path!! Remember......she smuggles "RUM" into the MK!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 20, 2011 6:52 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Don't listen....Amy is leading down the wrong path!! Remember......she smuggles "RUM" into the MK!!!
Wait a minute, I'm encouraging her to go to DL and you're saying I'm bad?! :shock: :? :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 20, 2011 1:17 pm

If I can ever find the mystical missing memory card that holds the balance of our July pictures, I will post one of Mr. Tiki god Maynard. He was a really great guy to talk to.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Wed 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Amy wrote:
HAHA I would but right now I'm in Riverside visiting a friend then going to Santa Monica on Friday. I need to convince my best friend to go again since he hasn't been in a while.