Maynard

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

What is your opinion of the famous Maynard?

Love him! The best CM ever!
32%
Hate him! That sort of thing belongs in a circus!
2%
I have no opinion, because I've never seen him in person.
29%
I have no opinion, because I have no idea what you're talking about!
34%
Eh... is this what we're reduced to discussing? I've got to go polish some furniture...
4%

Total votes: 56

LaughinPlace
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by LaughinPlace » Sep Sun 11, 2005 9:20 pm

i am DEFINITELY gonna have to look for him. he sounds like he would be a lot of fun to talk to. and it gives me something fun to do. :D :mrgreen:
"People still think of me as a cartoonist, but the only thing I lift a pen or pencil for these days is to sign a contract, a check, or an autograph." -Walt Disney

ickymouse

Maynard

Post by ickymouse » Sep Mon 12, 2005 3:26 am

Thank you so much for spelling "Definitely" correctly.

LaughinPlace
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by LaughinPlace » Sep Mon 12, 2005 9:42 pm

haha, i'm a spelling freak. it bugs me when i think i'm spelling a big word wrong (not that definitely is a big word for me but) but yes if someone's going to put something in bold or caps they should spell it correctly. i just sometime type "I" and "because" like "i" or "cuz" so if you do see me type it like that, sorry, i got into the habit of those and are trying to fix them. :D
"People still think of me as a cartoonist, but the only thing I lift a pen or pencil for these days is to sign a contract, a check, or an autograph." -Walt Disney

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Fantasrick » Sep Sun 25, 2005 2:39 pm

Maynard rocks

sunburnt_brain
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by sunburnt_brain » Oct Fri 07, 2005 10:41 pm

I've always found Maynard to be kind of a distraction. When a CM takes over the show and makes it his own, then he is going overboard.

That said, I met him one time when I was a CM and he was a great person.

Rick
---

Sir! You're going to have to get out of that tree!

LaughinPlace
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by LaughinPlace » Oct Sat 08, 2005 12:12 pm

last weekend when i visited, i asked the cm that was in the foyer if maynard was working. and she said she knows he's working at disneyland, but not today. she couldnt' tell me exactly what days he was working. but i'm going on monday and i'll be looking for him then too!

bryceran
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bryceran » Jul Thu 06, 2006 2:38 am

I actually spoted him. That was actually weird. I hadn't heard/thought about him for a long time so I did a bit of a double take tonight while I was at the park. i tried explaining to my wife and mom about his significance to some, but I really couldn't get it together.

skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by skipper » Jul Fri 07, 2006 6:23 pm

He is just great. Yes insane but totally perfect for the Mansion! Funny guy.

chefbuns

Post by chefbuns » Aug Thu 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Maynard no longer works the Haunted Mansion or the Jungle Cruise. Typically he works crowd control for the parade and Fantasmic and also at the "Great Moments with President Lincoln", or whatever it is now. Occasionally he works at the Tiki Room. During the summer he is only at Disneyland during the week as he works at the San Diego Wild Animal Park on the weekends. AND I LOVE MAYNARD!!!!!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Maynard fan...

Post by billville » Aug Thu 30, 2007 3:39 pm

ickymouse wrote:I've ridden the Haunted Mansion and Jungle cruise a number of times with Maynard at the helm, and let me tell you - it was the most entertaining aspect of both rides! Maynard's awesome. It's wonderful to see someone who actually gets into character to help sell the attraction, rather than the brain-dead, So-Cal teens that monotonously schlep through the spiel (in nasal drone) "Ladies and Gentlemen, please step away from the walls into the dead center of the room..." - BOR-ING! Maynard wakes you up, out of your exhausted stupor from walking the park in the hot sun all day, to bring you back into the experience. If you ask me, I think he's great.

Maynard rules!

Maynard as Jungle Cruise Skipper

In The Mansion

And in the Mansion at Christmas (pre HMH)
These are all broken links. Does someone else have any pics of this guy? Ive never even heard of him and ive been going to disneyland almost every month now for the past 2 years.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Re: Maynard fan...

Post by js3901 » Aug Thu 30, 2007 8:29 pm

Does someone else have any pics of this guy? Ive never even heard of him and ive been going to disneyland almost every month now for the past 2 years.
as posted early in the thread (3 or 4 responses in), I present you with the Maynard Home Page.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Aug Fri 31, 2007 7:57 am

I think I'd seen him when we were out there in 1997. Now, I can't remember for certain. :oops: That was too long ago. But I remember all the Maynard hype!
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

billville

Post by billville » Aug Fri 31, 2007 2:36 pm

For as long as ive been going to DL, i dont think ive ever encountered maynard. I guess ill have to go look for him!
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Maynard

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:56 am

I would love to meet Maynard. From all the posts and pictures that I have seen on Mouse Wait, he seems to be a real amazing CM. Hopeing to get my picture taken with him one day, if I could only find him...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Maynard

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Mon 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I had heard about Maynard for years, and we were never fortunate enough to see him in person. Until last July...
We finally had a chance meeting at the Tiki Room. We chatted with him for a while and he sampled some of his voice characters for us. He is such an amazing guy to talk to. Then we got to hear him do his spiel inside the Tiki Room. He talks fast, but is hilarious!

On the other hand, I could also see where people could think he's a little over the top. It would get old after a while...but for folks who are new to the "Maynard experience", he just seems to add a little something special.

The Tiki Room is a perfect place for him because he doesn't take away from the show. I think he might be a little overkill on Jungle Cruise. (though I've never experienced it)

(if you look cloesly, there is actually a very small pic of Maynard at the HM in my avatar....I cannot take credit for the pic though. Thank you to someone who happened to have that picture posted as an image somewhere in the netmosphere... :D )