Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Post by elizabethswann » May Sun 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I have a Disney guide my mother emailed me that's 200 pages long. It has a lot of secrets of the park but there's one I will give you that I tell my friends all the time. I know the location of the Disney jail. I used to joke with it all the time with my friends that we'd go there if we're bad. This is the direct quote from the Disney guide I have.

"Disneyland has its own "jail" where misbehaving guests and the such can be kept while Disneyland security waits for the Anaheim Police to come get them. It is in New Orleans Square, very near the train station. There is a horse in the window of the building. Occasionally, you'll see a Disney security guard standing outside."

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 24, 2010 6:35 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I have a Disney guide my mother emailed me that's 200 pages long. It has a lot of secrets of the park but there's one I will give you that I tell my friends all the time. I know the location of the Disney jail. I used to joke with it all the time with my friends that we'd go there if we're bad. This is the direct quote from the Disney guide I have.

"Disneyland has its own "jail" where misbehaving guests and the such can be kept while Disneyland security waits for the Anaheim Police to come get them. It is in New Orleans Square, very near the train station. There is a horse in the window of the building. Occasionally, you'll see a Disney security guard standing outside."
Wow! That's pretty cool! We'll have to keep an eye out for that the next time we go.

Where did your mother get that guide? It sounds like there would be a whole lotta great reading material there!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 24, 2010 10:16 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I have a Disney guide my mother emailed me that's 200 pages long. It has a lot of secrets of the park but there's one I will give you that I tell my friends all the time. I know the location of the Disney jail. I used to joke with it all the time with my friends that we'd go there if we're bad. This is the direct quote from the Disney guide I have.

Wow! That's pretty cool! We'll have to keep an eye out for that the next time we go.

Where did your mother get that guide? It sounds like there would be a whole lotta great reading material there!
Her cousin emailed it to her and my mother forwarded it to me. If you PM me your email, I can forward it to you as well!

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Thu 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Hope you enjoy these :)

1. Despite the security systems now installed inside all of Disneyland's attraction (and the monitors being watched by park employees hidden from view), couples will still try to have sex while on the "dark" rides (such as Pirates of the Carribean or It's a small world), apparently not realizing that the cameras are infrared and can pick up their every move. On occasion they are stopped with a warning over the loudspeakers; other times, as they exit, they are met with applause from knowing cast members.

2. Splash Mountain has earned the nickname "Flash Mountain" thanks to those uninhibited female park-goers who have taken to lifting up their tops and exposing their breasts to the cameras snapping souvenir photos at the final waterfall. While any off-color images are suppose to be deleted by Disneyland employees, they often get saved, and many are now circulating on the internet. Unzip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Thu 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Could ‘Flash Mountain’ return, in light of Disneyland job cuts?

Splash Mountain at Disneyland

Call it an unexpected consequence of the bad economy: A recent round of staff reductions at Disneyland could result in the return of embarrassing episodes of public nudity at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Way back in 1997, a front-page story in the Los Angeles Times chronicled a scintillating Internet phenomenon involving the Anaheim theme park’s Splash Mountain log ride: Photos of women flashing their breasts at an automatic camera that snapped souvenir photographs during the final 50-foot drop were “unzip-a-dee-doo-dahing” their way around cyberspace, earning the ride the dubious nickname “Flash Mountain.”

At the time, Disneyland officials blamed a rogue employee for leaking the obscene pictures of topless women onto the Web and instituted tighter photo editing procedures to prevent further breaches. (NSFW websites dedicated to Flash Mountain still exist — we’ll let you do your own Google search.)

Over the ensuing decade, objectionable pictures of breast-baring women were “washed away” by Splash Mountain photo editors before they were projected on preview screens at the end of the ride, according to David Koenig, author of “More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland.”

Now, flash forward to 2009. Starting in May, the Splash Mountain photo editor positions will be eliminated as part of cost-cutting measures at Disneyland, according to MiceAge columnist Al Lutz.

“Admittedly the numbers of young ladies (term used loosely in this case) who lift their tops for the cameras for their shot at Flash Mountain infamy has lessened over the years,” wrote Lutz, who reports that the photo editing positions were eliminated months ago at the Splash Mountain ride in Florida.

Of course, a lot has changed since 1997. The advent of Internet-enabled camera phones means theme park visitors who snap photos of the souvenir pictures on the preview screens can now spread the lewd and obscene images instantly across the Web at the speed of Twitter.

“Once word gets around that naughty photos are once again popping up on the projection screens, more guests will want to see what they can get away with,” Koenig said.

Disneyland officials confirmed that Splash Mountain photo screeners would be redeployed to other positions as of May 3.

“In evaluating the ride photo moderation role and process, we have determined that actual inappropriate behaviors by guests are rare,” Disneyland spokesperson Betsy Sanchez said in a written statement. “Ride photos will continue to be monitored by cast members at the point of sale. In addition, the current screening system will remain intact to provide the option for management to initiate image monitoring if necessary.”

As always, Disneyland reserves the right to remove any visitor from the park who exhibits offensive or inappropriate behavior, Sanchez said.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Thu 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Haha. Maybe. Less people watching the cameras might bring that back. I totally need to get someone to test it out :lol:

Hmmmm.... which person in my life could I sucker into doing this?? :mrgreen: :wink:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Thu 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Disney always blocks the photos they deem inappropriate for all the rides that have an on-ride camera. I do love what they say on the photos when yours comes up missing like for Space Mountain, it's been lost in space.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 19, 2010 7:52 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Disney always blocks the photos they deem inappropriate for all the rides that have an on-ride camera. I do love what they say on the photos when yours comes up missing like for Space Mountain, it's been lost in space.
I've heard they will let you get right back on the ride if your photo is missing...does anyone know if that is true?

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Fri 20, 2010 12:12 am

elizabethswann wrote:Disney always blocks the photos they deem inappropriate for all the rides that have an on-ride camera. I do love what they say on the photos when yours comes up missing like for Space Mountain, it's been lost in space.
haha. on tower of terror it says it is lost in another dimension

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Fri 20, 2010 1:23 am

I need to find a list of all the sayings the rides have.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 20, 2010 6:03 am

indianagirl21 wrote:
I think Splash Mountain says "your photo has been washed away"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Fri 20, 2010 1:12 pm

indianagirl21 wrote:Haha. Maybe. Less people watching the cameras might bring that back. I totally need to get someone to test it out :lol:

Hmmmm.... which person in my life could I sucker into doing this?? :mrgreen: :wink:
indianagirl21 is an EVIL genius!! :D :shock: 8-) :roll: :wink:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Fri 20, 2010 1:34 pm

why thank you Jacca5660 :) I always thought so too. haha

although the people in my life will have some more colorful language to describe me instead :lol:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Fri 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Amy wrote:
indianagirl21 wrote:
I think Splash Mountain says "your photo has been washed away"
I remember that one. I need to find the one for California Screamin' since I haven't seen the one for that one.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 20, 2010 4:35 pm

elizabethswann wrote:... I need to find the one for California Screamin' since I haven't seen the one for that one.
I can't remember that one either. I know on my last visit to DCA the music didn't work on any of the trains I went on for California Screamin' and there were never any ride photos either. I don't remember if there was a clever screen where the photo should have been or not. I was seriously disappointed about the music though! I would hear other trains take off and the soundtrack start up on their train, but never mine :(