Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 22, 2009 6:59 pm

I wanna know!!!! I like trying to find them, but I have to know where to look. Like I said before, I'm terrible at trying to find them on my own...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 23, 2009 7:16 am

Okay, I'll tell.... SPOILER ALERT!!! DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, now...
When you are going through the village at the part where a pirate is sitting next to a barrel with a cat on it (on the right hand side), and you hear him talking to the cat, look quickly at the cat as soon as you hear it start meowing. It is lit up from the front, and when it moves a certain way, its shadow creates a Mickey on the wall behind it. You have to watch closely because the shadow is only the right shape for a very short time, and changes as your boat moves by. Anyway, that's it. Like I said earlier, though, there is some debate about whether it really is an intentional HM or not, but a lot of folks seem to agree that it is.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 23, 2009 7:20 am

Mousekedude wrote:Okay, I'll tell.... SPOILER ALERT!!! DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, now...
When you are going through the village at the part where a pirate is sitting next to a barrel with a cat on it (on the right hand side), and you hear him talking to the cat, look quickly at the cat as soon as you hear it start meowing. It is lit up from the front, and when it moves a certain way, its shadow creates a Mickey on the wall behind it. You have to watch closely because the shadow is only the right shape for a very short time, and changes as your boat moves by. Anyway, that's it. Like I said earlier, though, there is some debate about whether it really is an intentional HM or not, but a lot of folks seem to agree that it is.
I'm really good at finding hidden Mickey's, I mean down to "Look when we pass that light with the two lights behind it it makes a hidden Mickey". I've never even looked for that one!! Great find!! I bow to you!! Got any other ones? Did you ever see the hidden Mickey in the ToT waiting room?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 23, 2009 7:31 am

The only time I ever went on ToT was with some family members who kept me occupied, so I didn't think to look for one there. I wasn't really all that impressed with the ride itself, so I never went back.
I did spot a brand new hidden Mickey on one trip to MGM that wasn't there before, though! They had repainted a new sky scene on the facade above Hollywood Brown Derby, and I spotted it in the clouds. That was cool.
Also, we went on TSM within a month of it first opening, and I was very excited to spot a hidden Mickey in the queue! To think: I may have been among the first few to see it (tingles...)..!!
Wanna know where it is...? :mrgreen:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 23, 2009 7:54 am

When ever you in a venue and there are books , always look and see if they have Mickey Mouse written some place. It never fails Mickey's name is written all over the place. Yes these do count as hidden Mickey's!

Yes I do want to know where it is. Even when you told where there is a hidden Mickey, they're still hard to spot sometimes.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 23, 2009 8:11 am

Okay, here goes.... 'NOTHER SPOILER ALERT...BLAH BLAH ETC.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

When you pass Mr. Potato Head in the queue and you're coming down the home stretch right before the railings end at the spot where you pick up your 3D glasses, look at the wall to your left. Down near the bottom about 10 or 15 feet back from the corner where the wall ends, almost hidden behind a railing support post, you will see a small Mickey painted on the wall amongst all the other painted-on designs. :mickey:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Okay, I'll tell.... SPOILER ALERT!!! DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, now...
Ok, so here's the next part of the question...is that in WDW or DL (or both)? Does anyone know?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 23, 2009 1:49 pm

It's in WDW..... and since you asked, I got nervous and checked the start of the thread, thereby noticing to my chagrin that this thread was meant to be for DL... :oops: :oops:
Well, mea culpa, but you know, it seems like everyone strays from one to the other on the various threads... I'm in good company... :mrgreen:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Well, I guess that means if I make it to DL in December, I will have to make an attempt to look and see if it's there or not...of course, that is unless someone beats me to it and posts it here...

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Oct Mon 26, 2009 8:41 am

There are YouTube videos of space mountain with the lights on. And there is a hidden Mickey on Indy along with screw other hidden items. Of anyone is interested in learning.[/quote]
I do stuff sometimes.

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Oct Mon 26, 2009 1:18 pm

I would love to do space mountain with the lights on.

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » May Wed 12, 2010 11:32 am

I got stuck on Space Mountain once and they stopped the ride and turned on the lights. Ugh. It totally ruined the illusion! I'll ride my Space Mountain in the dark, pleeease! :D

wwwalsh
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wwwalsh » May Thu 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Looks like the original author of this thread spent some time on HiddenMickeys.org for his "insider" information :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Post by Amy » May Thu 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Count me in on the people who would love to ride Space Mountain with the lights on. It would make it like a "behind the scenes" ride :)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Post by momeja » May Sun 23, 2010 4:06 pm

I wouldn't like riding it with the lights on, but one time the TTA went through and the lights were on. You could see the entire skeleton of the Space. It was very cool.