Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Post by hackmonkey » Oct Thu 08, 2009 9:38 am

Hi all,
I have been listening to Subsonic for a while but just started posting on the forum. I sure this topic has been run through a thousand times but, ITS FUN! These items may be very common knowledge but they are the only ones I know. I was hoping that you guys could share additional tidbits for my next visit. This information comes from my aunt who worked at the park for nearly a decade so I figure its pretty reliable.

Also, are there any hiden Mickey's on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, or Splash. I keep a good eye out but can not find.

Haunted Mansion
1.) When looking over the dining hall area with the party there is a bullet hole in the last pane of glass. The sectioned off panes that you look down through are actually covered in a pane of glass. The pane before you exit this area has a Spider web near the column on the upper left. This spider web is a clever cover up to mask the bullet hole. A long time back (not sure how long but probably before they had security checkpoints) a guest under the influence of recreational substances got a bit freaked out and fired off a shot at this portion of the attraction.

2.)Down the first hall with the doors and pictures, the last portraint on the left is an image of Iron Maidens (heavy metal band) Eddie character. Whether the decorators planted this easter egg on purpose, borrowed the image, or some how created an exact duplicate of an existing character from scratch is beyond me.

Matterhorn
There is a full length basketball court under this ride for the employees. This is a portion of many underground items.

Splash Mountain
1) When it first opened the logs were too long and were having a problem on some of the steeper drops. The folks in the back were getting slammed down. They had to shorten the logs.

2.) Many of the mail boxes and little houses on the beginning of this ride before the dark portion have cameras. Look back and wave!

Space Mountain
According to my aunt this ride is MUCH Scarrier with the lights ON. As employees they have special days of the year to go on rides and are the first riders after refurbs and updates. Apparently the tracks are so close as they tangle through each other and some of the dives come very close to the floor and walls that its more frightening.

Thats all I got, if you tidbits or secrets, please post. THANKS

MomPaula
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Location: The mountains-no not the Disney ones, unfortunately.

Post by MomPaula » Oct Thu 08, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks for this, it's fun to know stuff like that! And I hope the lights NEVER come on in Space Mountain when I am on it! :mickey:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. ~ Walt Disney

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1291445988.png[/img]

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 08, 2009 11:23 am

I didn't know those things about Splash Mountain!

We got stuck once on Space Mountain (right before the spiral sequence at the end) and the lights came on. We had seen a model of the track before, but it's very different from the POV of the rider...I would not want to go through it from the top with the lights on.

I have a little tidbit that I found on another Disney fan board.

For us "old" folks that remember the original Fantasyland with the pirate ship and Skull Rock...

The small waterfall between Dumbo and the back end of Monstro is actually part of Skull Rock.

You really would have no clue just by looking at it...I can't tell you how many times I'd walked past it without knowing.

Great thread! :)

MomPaula
Location: The mountains-no not the Disney ones, unfortunately.

Post by MomPaula » Oct Fri 09, 2009 9:33 am

I remember skull rock! I didn't have a clue either!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. ~ Walt Disney

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1291445988.png[/img]

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 09, 2009 12:27 pm

I believe it's been said that part of the pirate ship restaurant is in Peter Pan's Flight as well...

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 09, 2009 3:23 pm

I've always wanted to go on Space Mountain with the lights on...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 09, 2009 4:32 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I've always wanted to go on Space Mountain with the lights on...
You'll think twice about raising your hands afterward...(even though it's an illusion)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 09, 2009 5:49 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I've always wanted to go on Space Mountain with the lights on...
You'll think twice about raising your hands afterward...(even though it's an illusion)
I don't put my hands up that much but I'm even more curious now! :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 09, 2009 5:52 pm

I don't raise my hands either...but I have also been known to duck my head too...especially on the drops

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Disneyland secrets (Read and Share)

Post by disneylandmom » Oct Thu 22, 2009 9:20 am

hackmonkey wrote:
Also, are there any hiden Mickey's on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, or Splash. I keep a good eye out but can not find.
Yes I've found the one on haunted mansion. Do you want a hint?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 22, 2009 12:02 pm

I know of one in the HM, but I'm not sure if there are more than one. I'm not really good at picking out a hidden mickey unless it smacks me in the face (or if I'm not at a park and I've got Disney on the brain...then everything looks like a hidden mickey ;) )

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Thu 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Hmmmmm, maybe that's why they tell you before the ride starts "to keep all hands, arms, legs and feets inside at all times..."

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 22, 2009 3:09 pm

There is a hidden Mickey in Pirates, too. There is some debate about whether it is intentional or coincidental, though, because it's kind of vague and can only be seen from a certain angle. I'll tell you where it is, if you want... :mickey:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 22, 2009 4:03 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Hmmmmm, maybe that's why they tell you before the ride starts "to keep all hands, arms, legs and feets inside at all times..."
Oh, I thought that was just background noise...I get it now...thanks! ;) :lol:

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Oct Thu 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Mousekedude wrote:There is a hidden Mickey in Pirates, too. There is some debate about whether it is intentional or coincidental, though, because it's kind of vague and can only be seen from a certain angle. I'll tell you where it is, if you want... :mickey:
Hmm now I'm curious if this is the same one I am thinking of in pirates.