Ghost Galaxy

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

avastindy
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by avastindy » Nov Sat 28, 2009 2:30 pm

I rode ghost galaxy more than ten already i it was thrilling every time i went. One day the line was 3+ hours, the longest ive ever saw for a ride... never mind. Finding nemo was 4+ hours opening day, sorry.
"Remain seated please; Permanecer sentados por favor"

"Everyone turn around and wave good-bye to the people back on the dock... Come on wave! You may never, ever see them again. But then again, you probably never, ever saw them before." - J.C.

thatryguy01
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by thatryguy01 » Nov Sun 29, 2009 12:45 am

It was amazing! It's really nice how Disney can take an original concept and tweak it just a little to make it a completely new experience. Kudos! I definitely hope they bring it back next year! :goofy_bounce:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Ghost Galaxy

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 26, 2010 2:09 pm

I just saw on the latest Micechat update that they will bring it back this year.

Space Mountain: Closed September 12 - 16 to install Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 26, 2010 2:13 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I just saw on the latest Micechat update that they will bring it back this year.

Space Mountain: Closed September 12 - 16 to install Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay.
I figured they probably would do it again...it seemed like it was wildly popular last year! I hope they do something similar in WDW :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 26, 2010 2:14 pm

It was really neat to see! I preferred it over the Rockin' Space Mountain because even though I liked that they had the Red Hot Chili Peppers, they ruined the ride with all the colored lights. Ghost Galaxy was much more exciting and thrilling.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jul Mon 26, 2010 5:27 pm

I really want to go on Ghost Galaxy. I never went to DLR though. I think it seems good.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 26, 2010 5:31 pm

MetalRage wrote:I really want to go on Ghost Galaxy. I never went to DLR though. I think it seems good.
I didn't go last year so I missed seeing the transformation...but I certainly checked it out on youtube and it looked pretty awesome!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 26, 2010 5:42 pm

MetalRage wrote:I really want to go on Ghost Galaxy. I never went to DLR though. I think it seems good.
With the recent update to WDW Space Mountain, I wonder why they don't do the Ghost Galaxy overlay to WDW?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 26, 2010 7:42 pm

mindflipper wrote:
With the recent update to WDW Space Mountain, I wonder why they don't do the Ghost Galaxy overlay to WDW?
My guess would be that it is the same reason they don't do the Haunted Mansion Overlay at WDW. I think they want to keep some things specific to one park so people have a reason to visit more than one park. Does anyone know for sure?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
My guess would be that it is the same reason they don't do the Haunted Mansion Overlay at WDW. I think they want to keep some things specific to one park so people have a reason to visit more than one park. Does anyone know for sure?
The Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay has been done now for at least 2-3 years at Tokyo Disneyland and is called over there the Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare. Their version features two appearances of Sally and one additional appearance of Jack not found in the DLR counterpart. I know in its first year the music soundtrack was a mix of the original Gordon Goodwin 2001 soundtrack and the Elfman-Debney soundtrack that started in 2002. As TDL's and WDW's HM has the same floor-plan, the TDL version could be easily duplicated and transplanted into the WDW. Rumors had it that the TDL version was originally constructed for WDW, but it was switched to TDL because they felt NBC was more popular in Japan than at WDW.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 26, 2010 8:23 pm

I didn't know that TDL's version was originally destined for WDW. Shoot! I wonder if there is some sort of petition we could sign to show them we are interested in a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay for WDW.
I had also heard in the past that they didn't want to change the show at WDW since so many foreigners come to WDW and would be disappointed if they couldn't see the original Haunted Mansion. Any truth to that?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Amy wrote:I didn't know that TDL's version was originally destined for WDW. Shoot! I wonder if there is some sort of petition we could sign to show them we are interested in a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay for WDW.
I had also heard in the past that they didn't want to change the show at WDW since so many foreigners come to WDW and would be disappointed if they couldn't see the original Haunted Mansion. Any truth to that?
If that was true, don't you think they would have never had changed the original in DLR? And yet, they did the overlay there first. They didn't seem to have any problems about visitor disappointment out there. And they changed IASW before that, and obviously didn't worry about visitor disappointment at changing it either. So what would make WDW's version somehow different than any other version? It just sounds like a poor excuse to me...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 26, 2010 9:46 pm

I didn't know that they were supposed to have it at WDW. That's a shame.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 27, 2010 5:37 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:I didn't know that TDL's version was originally destined for WDW. Shoot! I wonder if there is some sort of petition we could sign to show them we are interested in a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay for WDW.
If that was true, don't you think they would have never had changed the original in DLR? And yet, they did the overlay there first. They didn't seem to have any problems about visitor disappointment out there. And they changed IASW before that, and obviously didn't worry about visitor disappointment at changing it either. So what would make WDW's version somehow different than any other version? It just sounds like a poor excuse to me...
I hear what you are saying. The reasoning I had heard was that more people visit the WDW resort since it is so large. It goes back to you can't please everyone all the time I suppose.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 27, 2010 8:23 am

One rumored excuse I had heard is that they did not want to shut down the ride for 2-3 weeks in September. And yet, when they did the last renovation/upgrade to the ride, they shut down for more than twice that during the busiest months of the summer! So the fact they did that disproves that rumored excuse.