Ghost Galaxy

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Oct Wed 07, 2009 11:30 am

It's been very popular. I went on a Saturday and on a Monday and both days had about the same time for lines and Fast Pass was out by 2 pm.

But, this is one of the most fun rides I've been on! It's not going to last until December because it's just Halloween, so if you can go to the park for a couple hours, it's worth going in line and riding (well, a 90 minute line at max for me).

And I will say, in an opinion, that it's in between Disney and not Disney. It's definitely to get some people from all the other California parks that are doing Halloween stuff. If you have children, take heed to the warning signs out front. There was a kid that the parents said had been on the ride many times, and she was crying at the end of it.
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Oct Wed 21, 2009 3:46 pm

We went last weekend, it was better han tRockin Space Mountain. Lines were long. We rode it half a dozen times. The lines got long quickly.

Longest wait was 130 minutes, with Fast Pass Line backed up to the entrance que needless to say we did not wait in either line even with a Fast Pass.

Never to old for Disney!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Wed 21, 2009 5:33 pm

I was attempting to go on Sunday but the ride broke down for more than an hour so I didn't bother. I'm going tomorrow so I hope it will be working by then and there won't be much of a line.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 26, 2009 1:26 pm

We went to the park unexpectedly and I got up the nerve to go on it. I like the music they used...but I have to say I like Rockin' Space Mountain better (love the song "Higher Ground").

Not really a fan of a creepy looking ghost named Bob popping out whenever he feels like it and following me as I'm riding.

But I will say, the effects projected on the outside at night were pretty cool! :)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 26, 2009 1:40 pm

MmeLeota wrote:But I will say, the effects projected on the outside at night were pretty cool! :)
I have seen videos of the projections and I have to say that they look absolutely incredible.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Some of the sound effects got really loud and you could hear them from different areas of the park which made it even spookier.
Last edited by MmeLeota on Oct Tue 27, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Tue 27, 2009 2:31 am

Okay, I just rode it last night right when I got there at the park by 3PM. It was a 35 minute wait when I got there and when I got off the ride, it was bumped up to 65.

I really loved it. I think the ride went much faster too but that's my opinion. The ghost you see right at the top of the lift hill really freaked me out for a moment but all in all, the projections were incredible. I hope to get a chance to ride it again.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Tue 27, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah, he got me there too... :) It was darker than normal in there and I think that contributes to making it feel faster.

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by hackmonkey » Nov Mon 16, 2009 3:04 pm

I thought it was an awesome addition to the holiday overlays. I hope it returns next year. It was VERY busy the 4 days I was there. Went to get a Fast Pass before Noon and my return time was already pushed out to 10:30 PM. I was very cool though. Turned out to be a one timer for the entire trip because of the wait time.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Mon 16, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm a little sad that it's not there anymore but since Halloween is over, I'm glad that I had gotten the chance to ride it. I rode both Rockin' Space Mountain and this and I have to say that this was a lot better than the other.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Tue 17, 2009 6:50 pm

I loved Rockin' Space Mountain...but then again, I'm partial to the song choice. I love the song "Higher Ground"...either version (Stevie Wonder or RHCP)

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Nov Tue 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I loved Rockin' Space Mountain...but then again, I'm partial to the song choice. I love the song "Higher Ground"...either version (Stevie Wonder or RHCP)
I loved the Rockin' Space Mountain. I did not at all like the Ghost Galaxy.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 18, 2009 12:14 am

Rockin' Space Mountain ruined it for me with all the lights. I get that it's supposed to be like a rock show but it threw the feeling of being in space.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 18, 2009 9:25 am

As far as effects go (for Rockin'), I thought it was meh...let's just say, I thought it would be different...since they took away the cookie after the 2+ year closure :( ;)

I loved the projections on the outside of GG and the music is awesome...I admit that riding it once was enough for me though.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Nov Wed 18, 2009 9:49 am

I loved the projections on the outside of GG and the music is awesome...I admit that riding it once was enough for me though.
I agree. The outside of SM was awesome! But the inside projections were kinda lame.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com