Ghost Galaxy

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Ghost Galaxy

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Tue 27, 2010 3:46 pm

That does explain a lot. Plus I'm sure a lot of people would be even more upset/disappointed if it went down for a few more weeks to install the overlay just for the holiday. They've been waiting a while for Space Mountain to finish their renovation.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 04, 2010 11:32 pm

I am glad they are bringing back GG to DLR. I went last year right after it opened and there was not much of a wait, after that it was over an hour. It was a real people drawer.

I think, if I recall correctly, the reason that they might not be able to do the ride at WDW is a technical issue since (I may be wrong here) the cars don't have onboard audio at WDW, which is very key to the GG as the music is there to boost the mood. Also, it wasn't as much of a production as it was a direct replica of the HK version.

Also, in regards to HMH, what I had heard (which totally counts as fact to some news outlets) was that the TDL version of HMH was built in the US on the WDW version of the ride because they were the same layout but that it was never destined to remain in Florida.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sun 05, 2010 3:32 am

I never knew that about WDW's Space Mountain. I thought both versions of Space Mountain would have on board audio.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 05, 2010 7:49 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I am glad they are bringing back GG to DLR. I went last year right after it opened and there was not much of a wait, after that it was over an hour. It was a real people drawer.
I think, if I recall correctly, the reason that they might not be able to do the ride at WDW is a technical issue since (I may be wrong here) the cars don't have onboard audio at WDW, which is very key to the GG as the music is there to boost the mood. Also, it wasn't as much of a production as it was a direct replica of the HK version.
Also, in regards to HMH, what I had heard (which totally counts as fact to some news outlets) was that the TDL version of HMH was built in the US on the WDW version of the ride because they were the same layout but that it was never destined to remain in Florida.
I wonder if, now that WDW is supposed to be getting music in Space Mountain, if they might try out Ghost Galaxy next year?!
It is such a bummer that HMH is only in DL and TDL. It is my Mom's most favorite attraction of the holidays and I have had to explain a few times that while we will be able to see the Osborne Lights this year, we won't be able to see Jack Skellington :jack: in the HM :( (The last few times we have vacationed over the Christmas holiday we were out in Cali)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 05, 2010 8:35 am

In fact, my Mom is still very sad over Jack not coming to WDW!
My email to her last night :arrow: Subject: alas, still only in California
F1gment wrote:alas, indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not nice......... our first vacation in 7 years and we can't have the haunted mansion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no sandy claws, no zero, no JACK.......................
Still disappointed :( Poor Momma :( But we'll still get to see the 999 Happy Haunts :hm_ghost:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 05, 2010 11:54 am

If the new system can be an effective substitue for an onboard system like the other SMs have then there may be a chance of ghost galaxy appearing. As long as they can keep the soundtrack tight with the movement it should be all good.

I really don't get why HMH doesn't show up at all the US parks though, I swear Jack is the hot topic version of mickey.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sun 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Was there ever a reason as to why they never had HMH at WDW?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I've never heard any reason for it never being realized at WDW, but I can understand Tokyo getting it. I think they have even more NBC products for sale there than here. I've been to a few Japanese toy stores that had entire aisles devoted to the franchise, which is really strange considering it was just a single film.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 06, 2010 12:16 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I've never heard any reason for it never being realized at WDW, but I can understand Tokyo getting it. I think they have even more NBC products for sale there than here. I've been to a few Japanese toy stores that had entire aisles devoted to the franchise, which is really strange considering it was just a single film.
Tokyo has it too? See, I learn something new every day.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 20, 2010 9:01 am

elizabethswann wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I've never heard any reason for it never being realized at WDW, but I can understand Tokyo getting it. I think they have even more NBC products for sale there than here. I've been to a few Japanese toy stores that had entire aisles devoted to the franchise, which is really strange considering it was just a single film.
Tokyo has it too? See, I learn something new every day.
Tokyo has had it for years now. Over there it is called the "Haunted Mansion Nightmare Holiday" and features Sally as well as a character within the ride.

Rumor has it th HMNH was originally developed for WDW. Why is it at Tokyo? Well, according to the rumor, WDW was experiencing cost over-runs with the renovation of Alien Encounter into Stich's Escape, so it sold the HMNH to Tokyo to use that money to pay for Stitch's Escape. The reasoning was it was better to spend the money on a permanent attraction rather than a seasonal attraction. Logical, except almost everyone hates Stitch's Escape and I never see people in line for it. I bet the increase they would at the HM for a seasonal overlay would have been greater than what Stitch's poor attendance gets in a year. I'm waiting for them to close Stitch's Escape down like they did Timekeeper and make it "seasonal" until they can figure out what else to put there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 20, 2010 9:11 am

That makes me sad to think that WDW could have had a Haunted Mansion Holiday and instead they got Stitch :(

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Wed 20, 2010 12:41 pm

I love that when I went to DLR on Saturday, this happened.

Good thing I didn't bother going on it but I really want to go before they remove it. I haven't gone at all this year but I went last.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 20, 2010 2:07 pm

It's really odd how popular it is (same with Small World Holiday). Before they put it in the lines were not nearly that long during the same time period.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 20, 2010 2:58 pm

OMG! Who wants to wait 100 minutes for Space Mountain?!? :shock: :roll:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Wed 20, 2010 8:52 pm

mindflipper wrote:OMG! Who wants to wait 100 minutes for Space Mountain?!? :shock: :roll:
I took one look at that sign and told myself that I HAD to get a photo of it. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour for Space Mountain.