DLR ticket price increase

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: DLR ticket price increase

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 11, 2010 7:59 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote:Any news on WDW ticket prices? I have heard that their stroller and electric buggy rentals are also increasing.
:shock: ...grrr....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 11, 2010 8:01 pm

NaCler wrote:
BayLakeTowers wrote:Any news on WDW ticket prices? I have heard that their stroller and electric buggy rentals are also increasing.
Giving any thought to bringing along your own stroller now NaCler?!

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Wed 11, 2010 8:28 pm

I just renewed my pass and the pricing is ridiculous! I had the deluxe pass with added parking. Not only did they raise the pricing for the deluxe pass but also to add parking too. The deluxe went from 289 dollars to 329 dollars and parking for me went from 59 dollars to 99 dollars. I decided to just buy the premium pass because the price difference wasnt that much. I love Disneyland a lot but when is it going to become too expensive that it won't be affordable anymore. The negative effects of supply and demand on our economy!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Did anyone see the rumors on an unlimited fastpass for $150? I hope those are just rumors!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:
Giving any thought to bringing along your own stroller now NaCler?!
Prices had already increased on strollers, wheelchairs, and electric carts. It would not surprise me if they don't increaese them again. Those rentals are a cash cow. However, it would seem abusive to me to the handicap. There needs to be a "handicap rental discount" to those who actually can prove they're disabled.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Aug Thu 12, 2010 11:14 am

Amy wrote:Did anyone see the rumors on an unlimited fastpass for $150? I hope those are just rumors!
That rumour has been floating around for ages. I keep saying they won't do it, but they just slapped a $30/day surcharge next year for an Arusha Savanah view at AKL (it's the most popular view requested at AKL), so you never know how Disney will decide to squeeze us when they're feeling squeezed themselves.

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Aug Tue 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Just a reminder, you don't need an annual pas to be valid all year round.

Since we go a few times a year. We just let the pass expire, then buy a ticket with early entry the next time we go , then up convert to an Annual Pass near the end of the trip. This extends the life of the pass for another year. We may then get one additional trip with no extra cost to us. It all depends when and how often you visit the reseorts of course.

Have Fun.

:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Never to old for Disney!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Tue 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Isn't it a lot easier to avoid the next down payment when the pass expires the day after? My best friend's pass was to expire the day before we went and they said it would be easier for him to renew it then instead of later and doing the down payment so it'd be extra.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 17, 2010 5:42 pm

garyman wrote:Just a reminder, you don't need an annual pas to be valid all year round.

Since we go a few times a year. We just let the pass expire, then buy a ticket with early entry the next time we go , then up convert to an Annual Pass near the end of the trip. This extends the life of the pass for another year. We may then get one additional trip with no extra cost to us. It all depends when and how often you visit the reseorts of course.
Have Fun.
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:
Does this allow you to sort of skirt around the newest thing I was reading about, where the annual pass renewal goes back to the expiration date of your annual pass when you renew later than the expiration date? The way I am reading the rules of the AP if you have a pass that expires 8/17/10 and you go and renew on 9/14/10 that your AP would be good until 8/17/11. So you are not renewing a pass but buying a new ticket and upgrading to an annual pass. Do they allow you to do that? That seems smart.

garyman

Post by garyman » Aug Tue 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Yes, we always buy a ticket, then upgrade to an annual pass. We never renew our annual pass. The ticket price goes against the new pass. The pass is back dated to the first day of your ticket use most cases. Sometimes the Cast Member forgets to do that.

If they have instiuted new rules precluding this. I have not heard of this.

In our case our pass expired in March 2010, we are going in October 2010. We will purchase a ticket, then upgrade. Thus 7 months more time to use the pass. We have done this for the past five years. Check the thread on Annual Pass or MouseSavers.com, they may have thread as well.

Never to old for Disney!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Thanks for the tip! I have thought about possibly upgrading to an AP when we are there but I don't know yet. I don't have another trip planned so it isn't probably feasible or smart at this point...
Another question, is buying an AP the same price or is the renewal cheaper? If the renewal is cheaper then I suppose you need to figure in how much time you are gaining by purchasing a ticket and then upgrading. In your case, 7 months is a long time so it is well worth it!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Wed 18, 2010 1:53 am

All I know is that parking went up from 14 to 15 dollars, and that's the price it is at Magic Mountain.