Summer Nightastic

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Summer Nightastic

Post by indianagirl21 » Sep Fri 03, 2010 1:42 pm

I saw the summer nightastic fireworks and thought it was really good. I am not usually not that into fireworks but I thought this show was pretty cool. I think that I have a problem with really big crowds and mean people pushing and being rude when it comes to the night shows at Disneyland or California Adventure.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 03, 2010 7:14 pm

indianagirl21 wrote:I saw the summer nightastic fireworks and thought it was really good. I am not usually not that into fireworks but I thought this show was pretty cool. I think that I have a problem with really big crowds and mean people pushing and being rude when it comes to the night shows at Disneyland or California Adventure.
I am not a fan of big crowds either so I like to have my own little personal space circle when watching nighttime shows ~ not always an easy feat!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Fri 03, 2010 8:38 pm

I've only seen the summer nighttastic fireworks once on my birthday and it was okay. I miss Remember Dreams Come True more.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Amy wrote:Poor Murphy collapsed during the Fantasmic show and is once again out of commission :(
Details are in the latest MiceChat http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html
Here are some on-stage photos during the day of the crews assessing and working on Malificent aka "Murphy" Warning, they might be disturbing to young viewers ;)

On the plus side, perhaps they could work her into the Halloween celebration as the headless dragon! :lol: :(

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Oh WHOA. If they have Murphy as the headless dragon, that'd be crazy.

Also, my family went to Disneyland last night and they said that they had Maleficent on the tower thing (raised up high, I'm guessing) for Fantasmic.

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Sep Wed 08, 2010 12:58 am

I feel like I haven't seen Fantasmic in awhile because I don't remember some stuff.

I need to go watch it again soon... I always remember it being an awesome show though.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Wed 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I saw in one of the Micechat updates that Murphy can take up to six months to repair.

Murphy the Dragon suffered a rather public humiliation during the first Fantasmic! show Sat. night. The infrastructure of the sophisticated animatronic failed after a busy summer of twice-nightly performances, snapping some internal components and nearly dislodging the entire dragon from its hydraulically lifted mounts. It's too early to tell how long it will be before a fix is completed. Although the initial rumors from the Entertainment Dept of 4 to 6 months of downtime are probably over-dramatized, it's fairly safe to say that the dragon won't be in the remaining shows through Labor Day weekend. They didn't christen that dragon Murphy for nothing. - Al Lutz

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 08, 2010 1:31 pm

At least they are working on it unlike what seems to be happening with the Yeti in WDW :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Wed 08, 2010 1:41 pm

I heard about Murphy's mishap...(face plant, nose dive, drama queen-esque performance, Hercules hydra-slaying moment...thanks MiceChat!)

I could only imagine what it looked like when she fell over...apparently no video has been found yet (but that was several days ago, so I don't know if that's changed or not)

Murphy the headless dragon is a bit creepy though...

As far as the "Magical" fireworks go, I don't care for the show. It was slightly better this year from last year, but "Remember..." is waaaaayyyy better!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Wed 08, 2010 6:31 pm

It's sad to hear that they haven't bothered to fix up the Yeti in EE. They really should do something about it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 08, 2010 8:17 pm

elizabethswann wrote:It's sad to hear that they haven't bothered to fix up the Yeti in EE. They really should do something about it.
The scuttlebutt is that they are planning on fixing it (or at least trying to fix it) when they have to go down for refurbishment. It apparently will be quite an involved process in order to try to make it work again.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Wed 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:It's sad to hear that they haven't bothered to fix up the Yeti in EE. They really should do something about it.
The scuttlebutt is that they are planning on fixing it (or at least trying to fix it) when they have to go down for refurbishment. It apparently will be quite an involved process in order to try to make it work again.
It would be a major problem to fix him. His foundation is cracked. This is not "SPECULATION".
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 07, 2011 2:55 am

Summer Nightastic was great and all but the new fireworks display was awfuly diappointing compared to the fireworks between the 50th anniversery and when the summer nightastic started
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D