Goodbye McDonalds

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 10, 2008 2:27 pm

I've been trying to find any news articles if the ones in WDW would be closing down as well but I haven't found anything. Looks like those are going to be staying there for a little while longer.

garate55
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by garate55 » Oct Sun 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Good riddance, I am so glad they are getting rid of them from DL.

I would imagine that MK and DL have seperate contracts with McDonalds which means unless they signed both at the same time, you might be out of luck, right now, for seeing the McDonalds disappear from MK.
Dave

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Oct Mon 13, 2008 6:44 am

There is a McDonald's on Harbor Blvd right across the street from the hotel tram loading area. It's an easy walk from DLR and much cheaper than the McDonald's restaurants that are on DLR property.

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Re: Goodbye McDonalds

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Tue 02, 2012 9:53 pm

chefbuns wrote:As I understand it, there will be no more McDonalds at DL. Or anywhere else Disney as a matter of fact. There is a dissolution of partnership going on between Disney and McDonalds. I never did eat the fries but I used to see a ton of people walking around with the containers of fries.
When does this happen? I went to DW in 07 and there was still a McDonalds. I don't go to anything Disney all the time, so I can't say I'll miss McDonalds.

Lori60
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Lori60 » Apr Sat 13, 2013 6:05 pm

snomasnayr wrote:
chefbuns wrote:As I understand it, there will be no more McDonalds at DL. Or anywhere else Disney as a matter of fact. There is a dissolution of partnership going on between Disney and McDonalds. I never did eat the fries but I used to see a ton of people walking around with the containers of fries.
When does this happen? I went to DW in 07 and there was still a McDonalds. I don't go to anything Disney all the time, so I can't say I'll miss McDonalds.
The McDonalds in the parks are long gone. At least I know the ones in WDW are. I remember there was one in World Showcase in Epcot between the entrance and Canada and the seagulls would attack anyone with fries. It got really bad, especially when there were tourists who thought feeding the seagulls was great fun.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Sun 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Same with the fry cart between adventureland and frontierland has been gone for quite a bit too.
UncleScrooge477

Lunamoon
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Lunamoon » Aug Mon 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Thank god! McDonalds is disgusting. Everything is so greasy and gross except for the milk shakes/ice cream/Mcflurries. :mickey:

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re:

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Aug Mon 11, 2014 4:46 pm

annafab wrote:WHOOO! What are they replacing it with?
Hopefully if they are going to stick with a chain....Chipotle!!! Fun fact: they started independent, got bought by McD's and then got away from them!