Haunted Mansion Holiday

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday

Post by mindflipper » Sep Tue 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Someone was talking about the halloween changes today at lunch and apparently they changed the last projection on GG from a still to a short video and something about leota being now a head in a jar rather than a crystal ball.
From the videos on YouTube Leota is still in the crystal ball. There are glowing red and green lanterns/jars that now surrounding her in the new HMH. Check it out on YouTube.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Just for giggles I looked at the video on youtube and it's dark but you can see the ball is not a ball, it's got stuff going off the top and bottom like an apothecary jar. Woo, head in a jar! That makes her a sideshow attraction now! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Wed 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Just for giggles I looked at the video on youtube and it's dark but you can see the ball is not a ball, it's got stuff going off the top and bottom like an apothecary jar. Woo, head in a jar! That makes her a sideshow attraction now! :D
I'm right next to the man with three legs and the bearded lady... :hm_ghost: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 22, 2010 1:38 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Just for giggles I looked at the video on youtube and it's dark but you can see the ball is not a ball, it's got stuff going off the top and bottom like an apothecary jar. Woo, head in a jar! That makes her a sideshow attraction now! :D
I'm right next to the man with three legs and the bearded lady... :hm_ghost: :lol:
giggle - giggle - snort! :lol:

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Sep Thu 30, 2010 10:44 am

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Opening weekend is always killer. The one thing that baffled me last year was the opening for Ghost Galaxy, if I went during the week it would still be packed.
Wasn't last year the first year for Ghosy Galaxy? That would explain the popularity...
Ya last year was the opening. I'm not even going to try Ghost Galaxy this year. I did it last year and wasn't really impressed. To me it's not worth the wait.

Ya I was like Woah! It's totally a head in a jar. the floating red and green lanterns are interesting not sure if I really liked them. The head in the jar lol is actually really cool. I recorded the entire ride's audio last weekend I'll post it up soon! :-)
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Lunch break, since I couldn't sleep as well this morning I decided "I'll go to disneyland for a little bit", and went on HMH and she's not in a jar but in a giant old world style ornament (as are the surroundings). Sad that it wasn't a head in a jar, would have been hillarious.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 06, 2010 6:20 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Lunch break, since I couldn't sleep as well this morning I decided "screw it, I'll go to disneyland for a little bit", and went on HMH and she's not in a jar but in a giant old world style ornament (as are the surroundings). Sad that it wasn't a head in a jar, would have been hillarious.
Did you take any photos? :hm_ghost:
Jealous, jealous, jealous that you can just pop over to DL "for a little bit"!!!! :shock:

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 06, 2010 8:46 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Lunch break, since I couldn't sleep as well this morning I decided "I'll go to disneyland for a little bit", and went on HMH and she's not in a jar but in a giant old world style ornament (as are the surroundings). Sad that it wasn't a head in a jar, would have been hillarious.
Ya your right it is more of an old ornament. Still kinda looks like a head in a jar tho lol.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 06, 2010 10:34 am

Josh Q wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Lunch break, since I couldn't sleep as well this morning I decided "I'll go to disneyland for a little bit", and went on HMH and she's not in a jar but in a giant old world style ornament (as are the surroundings). Sad that it wasn't a head in a jar, would have been hillarious.
Ya your right it is more of an old ornament. Still kinda looks like a head in a jar tho lol.
Thanks for the clarification, Josh. From the videos on YouTube, I didn't look like a glass jar to me.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Wed 06, 2010 11:26 am

So much for the sideshow... :? :lol:

We're hoping to get to the Halloween party *fingers crossed*

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 06, 2010 1:27 pm

MmeLeota wrote:So much for the sideshow... :? :lol:

Let me know how it is if you get to go! I'd love to see the fireworks but $100+ is a lot right now for that.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Wed 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Josh Q wrote:

Let me know how it is if you get to go! I'd love to see the fireworks but $100+ is a lot right now for that.
I agree. It's a lot for us too...(plus travel time, hotel...etc) But it might be our last chance to go to DL for a long time. Since the party price is cheaper than a normal ticket (even though it's a shorter time inside the park) and we could see the park decorated and have the chance to see some "rare" characters....I'm really hoping to be able to pull it off. An expensive one-nighter, but the memories would be priceless. (I'd better not say that too loud...the execs might read into that and even more dollar signs might show up! :shock: )

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 06, 2010 1:51 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Josh Q wrote:
I agree. It's a lot for us too...(plus travel time, hotel...etc) But it might be our last chance to go to DL for a long time. Since the party price is cheaper than a normal ticket (even though it's a shorter time inside the park) and we could see the park decorated and have the chance to see some "rare" characters....I'm really hoping to be able to pull it off. An expensive one-nighter, but the memories would be priceless. (I'd better not say that too loud...the execs might read into that and even more dollar signs might show up! :shock: )
I hope it works out for you! It does sound like it would be an awesome time :D If you get there, be sure to mention to the HM CM's what your forum name is. Maybe they can hook you up with a pic of you and your alter ego together or something else equally as cool!! :hm_ghost:

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 06, 2010 2:03 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Josh Q wrote:

Lol I don't think we'll see and more price increases till next August.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 12:15 am

I think they do the annual parking increase before summer and then do the gate increase in August.