Haunted Mansion Holiday

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday

Post by NaCler » Oct Fri 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Even though I think PM is the best version so far (waiting on Mystic Manor) the funny part is that a lot of the animatronics used in PM are recycled, the most notible being the mayor being the dreamfinder. :D
Dream Finder's not dead??? :shock:

mindflipper wrote:You do know that Phantom Manor opened with the rest of EuroDisney back in 1992, and that the original Journey Into Imagination at EPCOT ended in October 1998? They may have used the same face type (like they did when they copied pirates faces as the duelists when they were working on the Haunted Mansion), but they did not actually recycle the audio-animatronic from one attraction to the other.
You guys just had to breathe hope into me, then kick me when I was vulnerable! Terrible! ;)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 3:10 pm

He's not dead, just decapitated and lobotomized. :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:He's not dead, just decapitated and lobotomized. :D
:lol: Lobotomized....good one! :lol: I feel like that sometimes! :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 15, 2010 3:13 pm

NaCler wrote:
mindflipper wrote:You do know that Phantom Manor opened with the rest of EuroDisney back in 1992, and that the original Journey Into Imagination at EPCOT ended in October 1998? They may have used the same face type (like they did when they copied pirates faces as the duelists when they were working on the Haunted Mansion), but they did not actually recycle the audio-animatronic from one attraction to the other.
You guys just had to breathe hope into me, then kick me when I was vulnerable! Terrible! ;)
Sorry, NaCler, but Dreamfinder's gone. The PM's Mayor is more like his distant, European cousin. :wink: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 15, 2010 7:05 pm

mindflipper wrote:
NaCler wrote:
Sorry, NaCler, but Dreamfinder's gone. The PM's Mayor is more like his distant, European cousin. :wink: :mickey:
Yeah, Le Dremfindere :lol:

Melanie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Melanie » Oct Sun 17, 2010 2:32 pm

It's so cute how they redo it for the holidays but of course the ONE time I got my mom to come to DIsneyland with me I forgot it was set up! I was excited to see it but at the same time disappointed that she didn't get to see the original ride.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sun 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I remember taking my parents for the Haunted Mansion Holiday. They had seen the HM at WDW so many times they almost know it by heart. Seeing the HMH was something totally new, and my mom really enjoyed the stretching room, the ballroom, and the graveyard. She was impressed at the effort they went to in doing the HMH.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 02, 2010 11:03 am

The Haunted Mansion Holiday Stain Glass ovals, sold at merchandising events during its first two years in Disneyland MK park is back this year but in a shockingly fair move by Disney Event Services they are selling them this year on-line! They went on sale today, 11/02/2010, at 11 AM! And here it is:

It is $125 without tax and shipping (total with those is about $157). Here's the website:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/ ... _2010.html

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 02, 2010 11:32 am

Oh that is really nice! Makes a great new avatar for you as well doesn't it?! I think I will have to enjoy mine in the picture at that price though :(

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Tue 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Oh wow! That's a great price there, too. I'd love to get one of those and just hang in the house.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Last two years they had large sized framed lenticulars of the Changing Portraits queue line, but it looks like they did not continue with that this year. Last year was the changing portrait of Santa Claus Sleigh / Sandy Claws Sleigh. If you want to get one of the Stained Glass ovals, don't wait too long - there produced in very limited quantities. They sold out fast in the prior years.

bq2
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by bq2 » Nov Sat 20, 2010 1:10 am

Going next month. We'll see!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Wed 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Someone told me that they upgraded the gingerbread house since it went in. Now the pumpkins on it have video. Is that true?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Thu 09, 2010 2:28 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Someone told me that they upgraded the gingerbread house since it went in. Now the pumpkins on it have video. Is that true?
I haven't gone lately so I'm not sure but it does sound interesting.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Thu 09, 2010 3:16 pm

I know, I will have to go soon before the holiday crowds show up. It sounds like it wasn't finished in time for the ride opening but now it works.