Club 33 - SCORE!

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Club 33 - SCORE!

Post by GeoffS » May Sun 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeah - I'm definitely still in shock and won't really believe it until I'm there! Any secrets or things to watch out for that I should know before going?
- Don't steal the silverware
- Don't gawk at or take pictures of the celebs
- Don't re-enact the fancy restaurant scene from The Blues Brothers
- If something looks interesting, ask a server about it. They may surprise you with information, and appreciate being asked to share.
- Take the elevator once, even though it's faster to take the stairs
- Ask if they'll ever bring the buffet back, even if it's just for a Sunday brunch

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » May Tue 07, 2013 2:05 pm

GeoffS wrote:
Yeah - I'm definitely still in shock and won't really believe it until I'm there! Any secrets or things to watch out for that I should know before going?
- Don't steal the silverware
- Don't gawk at or take pictures of the celebs
- Don't re-enact the fancy restaurant scene from The Blues Brothers
- If something looks interesting, ask a server about it. They may surprise you with information, and appreciate being asked to share.
- Take the elevator once, even though it's faster to take the stairs
- Ask if they'll ever bring the buffet back, even if it's just for a Sunday brunch
All around good information to have! Although, i've been known to get crazy star struck, so I can't promise I won't gawk. I would definitely be freaking out in my head if I saw a celeb! THANKS!

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Fri 21, 2013 12:14 pm

GeoffS wrote:- Ask if they'll ever bring the buffet back, even if it's just for a Sunday brunch
??

Every lunch is a buffet...
-Club33Hopeful

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Fri 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Len90 wrote:I actually got the sneak peak thanks to a very nice member who was wearing a jacket and came out right in front of me when I walking by the Carthay. I just complimented him on his jacket and we struck up a conversation.
By chance, was it a light up fiber optic jacket?
-Club33Hopeful

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:
Len90 wrote:I actually got the sneak peak thanks to a very nice member who was wearing a jacket and came out right in front of me when I walking by the Carthay. I just complimented him on his jacket and we struck up a conversation.
By chance, was it a light up fiber optic jacket?
That sounds like a pretty awesome jacket if it was! :D

GeoffS

Post by GeoffS » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:
GeoffS wrote:- Ask if they'll ever bring the buffet back, even if it's just for a Sunday brunch
??

Every lunch is a buffet...
Really? My info is outdated, then. I was under the impression that they killed the buffet a few years back. Any word on quality?

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jul Mon 22, 2013 4:45 pm

GeoffS wrote:Really? My info is outdated, then. I was under the impression that they killed the buffet a few years back. Any word on quality?
Quality is good, though the buffet is smaller than it used to be. No more pasta station, and less choices than before. You order your main entree from the menu, but the rest of your meal is buffet.
-Club33Hopeful

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 05, 2013 10:34 am

Club33Hopeful wrote:
GeoffS wrote:Really? My info is outdated, then. I was under the impression that they killed the buffet a few years back. Any word on quality?
Quality is good, though the buffet is smaller than it used to be. No more pasta station, and less choices than before. You order your main entree from the menu, but the rest of your meal is buffet.
Our lunch at Club 33 was BEYOND amazing!! We did have the cold buffet and was amazed by the lobster, crab and shrimp! It was hard to look at anything else. haha Quality was amazing (although I prefer seafood warm) and the service was impeccable. We were there for 3 hours and they never made us feel rushed! It was extremely hard to leave and I took pictures of practically everything! Once in a lifetime!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
Club33Hopeful wrote:
Our lunch at Club 33 was BEYOND amazing!! We did have the cold buffet and was amazed by the lobster, crab and shrimp! It was hard to look at anything else. haha Quality was amazing (although I prefer seafood warm) and the service was impeccable. We were there for 3 hours and they never made us feel rushed! It was extremely hard to leave and I took pictures of practically everything! Once in a lifetime!
Will you be sharing those photos? Hopefully? Soon? Pretty please?! :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 8:23 am

Amy wrote: Our lunch at Club 33 was BEYOND amazing!! We did have the cold buffet and was amazed by the lobster, crab and shrimp! It was hard to look at anything else. haha Quality was amazing (although I prefer seafood warm) and the service was impeccable. We were there for 3 hours and they never made us feel rushed! It was extremely hard to leave and I took pictures of practically everything! Once in a lifetime!
Will you be sharing those photos? Hopefully? Soon? Pretty please?! :D[/quote]
Oh sure! Anything in particular? I took pictures of pretty much everything. haha
We had the corner table right next to the open doors/balcony which was so magical. To hear the noise from the park down below and to be up in Club 33 was just MAGIC! I felt like Walt was right there with us. :mickey:

Anyone know how I can upload some pictures on here?? I've never done it before! :?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 06, 2013 8:41 am

Belle1082 wrote:Our lunch at Club 33 was BEYOND amazing!! We did have the cold buffet and was amazed by the lobster, crab and shrimp! It was hard to look at anything else. haha Quality was amazing (although I prefer seafood warm) and the service was impeccable. We were there for 3 hours and they never made us feel rushed! It was extremely hard to leave and I took pictures of practically everything! Once in a lifetime!
Amy wrote:Will you be sharing those photos? Hopefully? Soon? Pretty please?! :D
Belle1082 wrote:Oh sure! Anything in particular? I took pictures of pretty much everything. haha
We had the corner table right next to the open doors/balcony which was so magical. To hear the noise from the park down below and to be up in Club 33 was just MAGIC! I felt like Walt was right there with us. :mickey:

Anyone know how I can upload some pictures on here?? I've never done it before! :?
Anything and everything you would like to share as far as pictures go! :lol: We didn't have any luck finding a connection to get in, and I think it will be closed for remodeling when we are there anyhow :(
You have to upload your pictures to a sharing site, photobucket, flickr, snapfish etc. Once they are there, you can edit, resize, and use the share codes to post them on the forum. It takes just a little bit to get used to how it works, but then it becomes pretty easy. I just started a flickr account as photobucket was acting up for me, kicking me out after every photo I cropped :roll:
Once you get signed up for one of the sites, poke around a little, and then let us know if you need help!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 8:50 am

Sounds good! Hopefully I'll have time to do all that soon. I was hoping I could just cut and paste. hehe
I have maybe 30 pics on my phone but probably 150 on my good camera. haha I couldn't stop taking pics!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 06, 2013 10:16 am

Belle1082 wrote:Sounds good! Hopefully I'll have time to do all that soon. I was hoping I could just cut and paste. hehe
I have maybe 30 pics on my phone but probably 150 on my good camera. haha I couldn't stop taking pics!
You can share from Facebook as well. I forgot about that avenue.
Only 180 photos? I probably would have over 1000! :lol: I suppose you had to take some time to be social and actually eat though too didn't you ;)

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 10:56 am

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:Sounds good! Hopefully I'll have time to do all that soon. I was hoping I could just cut and paste. hehe
You can share from Facebook as well. I forgot about that avenue.
Only 180 photos? I probably would have over 1000! :lol: I suppose you had to take some time to be social and actually eat though too didn't you ;)
Honestly, I probably have more pictures than that. I was trying so hard to have a good balance of capturing as much as I could through pictures, as well as soaking up every moment in real life. But I tell ya, we were there for a good three hours, so we soaked up as much as we could in one meal! ha!

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 1:05 pm

belle--- if you like i can give you a link into my dropbox.com site and i can upload them to an account for you... if you dont feel up to figuring it out right now, that is.