Club 33 - SCORE!

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Club 33 - SCORE!

Post by Sparten » Apr Wed 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Amazing! I want to become an Imagineer for Disney someday and maybe then I will be able to see club thirty three I love seeing how people don't even know what it is and yet they walk past it every time they ride POTC!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Did anyone else see the changes coming to Club 33 in 2012? Not that they will affect me in any way :roll: But interesting for sure. I wonder if Disney is trying to make the club more exclusive again?
Here is a link to the disney food blog where I read about the changes... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/12/2 ... club-1901/

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Wed 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Huh, I didn't know they gave the DCA one a club name already. So, who do I have to sell to get a membership there? ;) Just kidding.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Wed 28, 2011 9:10 pm

My guess is that since we're talking a backlog that creates a 10+ year wait list for a membership, this will help move things along.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:My guess is that since we're talking a backlog that creates a 10+ year wait list for a membership, this will help move things along.
Yeah, putting the initial buy-in at $10k should help cut that list down just a tad :roll: :shock:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Thu 29, 2011 12:20 am

I have a feeling it might shave a few years off, but considering that you really have to want it to do it if you want to sign up, it probably will still be a 5 year wait to get in.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 29, 2011 7:19 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I have a feeling it might shave a few years off, but considering that you really have to want it to do it if you want to sign up, it probably will still be a 5 year wait to get in.
True, but in my younger years, I actually had a plan to write my letter of intent, hoping that I would have the funds to buy in when my chance came around. Luckily I never wrote the letter as I would have been booted off the list when I couldn't make the initial fee :shock: :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Thu 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Glad to hear that Club 33 is going back to a mega-VIP club. After all, that's what it was originally intended for. We have been fortunate enough to at least set foot in the lobby through the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We figured that would be the closest we would ever get and it was pretty cool. All we would ever want to do is just walk around the joint anyway. I don't think either of us is really interested in eating there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 29, 2011 4:13 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Glad to hear that Club 33 is going back to a mega-VIP club. After all, that's what it was originally intended for. We have been fortunate enough to at least set foot in the lobby through the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We figured that would be the closest we would ever get and it was pretty cool. All we would ever want to do is just walk around the joint anyway. I don't think either of us is really interested in eating there.
Hmmm, I don't remember doing that when we went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour...cool! I'm the same as you, I want to simply see the place (and take lots of photos) not actually eat there. I doubt they make a decent pizza anyway :roll: ;) :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Thu 29, 2011 7:11 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Glad to hear that Club 33 is going back to a mega-VIP club. After all, that's what it was originally intended for. We have been fortunate enough to at least set foot in the lobby through the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We figured that would be the closest we would ever get and it was pretty cool. All we would ever want to do is just walk around the joint anyway. I don't think either of us is really interested in eating there.
That's not entirely true, it's just more of a "we know you all want it, so lets just get more out of you" change. I have a feeling very few members are going to throw a bitchfit and give up their membership

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Shot in the dark here ~ very slight chance F1gment and I will be trekking to DL in 2013. Any chance anyone has any connections for a lunch at Club 33?? I'm pretty sure she would be tickled to eat there! :mrgreen:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Dec Sun 30, 2012 1:30 am

Noooo!!! Forget DL Amy! Come back to WDW!! ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 30, 2012 9:56 am

NaCler wrote:Noooo!!! Forget DL Amy! Come back to WDW!! ;)
That is the second possibility. F1gment wants to go to DL so we can also try to see my brother out in Cali, I want to go see World of Color and Radiator Springs Racers...and my brother and his family ;) Tricky thing is he lives in Northern Cali, while the main Mouse lives in Southern Cali.
My brother that lives in Chicago is working on getting tickets for us with his airline miles, so we should know one way or another today or tomorrow. Planning on late November/early December for either location :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Sun 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Amy wrote:Shot in the dark here ~ very slight chance F1gment and I will be trekking to DL in 2013. Any chance anyone has any connections for a lunch at Club 33?? I'm pretty sure she would be tickled to eat there! :mrgreen:
Lunch at Club 33 is pretty tough to do, especially now with the refined policy that Disney has. However, I was lucky enough on my trip to get a quick peak at 1901 Lounge.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 31, 2012 8:02 am

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:Shot in the dark here ~ very slight chance F1gment and I will be trekking to DL in 2013. Any chance anyone has any connections for a lunch at Club 33?? I'm pretty sure she would be tickled to eat there! :mrgreen:
Lunch at Club 33 is pretty tough to do, especially now with the refined policy that Disney has. However, I was lucky enough on my trip to get a quick peak at 1901 Lounge.
That's pretty cool ~ do you have connections or were you scouting the place out for a future membership? ;)