A new idea for the peoplemover track

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

A new idea for the peoplemover track

Post by soccermouse » Jul Sun 27, 2008 11:04 pm

My kids and I were just sitting around talking about Disneyland and throwing out crazy ideas for Tomorrowland. What do you think of this one?

Place Wall-e type 'fat-people' chairs on the Peoplemover track. Each chair would have a tv-like screen that tells details and trivia about each attraction as you ride past it. Details and trivia could be different on each ride OR even make it an interative game. The chairs would have to have sides to keep people from reaching out and smacking the walls. Chairs could be side-by-side and then in groups of 8 to speed up loading. Guests would be strapped in, of course. Heck, add a cup holder.

Sounds crazy, but might be fun!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 28, 2008 1:50 am

Hahaha that's actually pretty creative. Put a cover over the chair so that everything wouldn't get ruined in bad weather.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jul Mon 28, 2008 12:19 pm

that sounds cool. but i dont know. if they do that they might send the wrong message. maybe i am being unreasonable. maybe instead of a technological peoplemover maybe they should just have a wall e ride. something that takes place after the movie.

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Jul Mon 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Wasn't there a rumor floating around that they were going to turn the Peoplemover into some kind of "Incredibles" ride? :roll:

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Re: A new idea for the peoplemover track

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jul Mon 28, 2008 5:31 pm

soccermouse wrote:Place Wall-e type 'fat-people' chairs on the Peoplemover track.
As much as I dislike the unnecessary character creep in the parks, I find this idea perversely appealing. Making consumerist Americans part of a show that mocks them is hilarious.

Similar to how the guests in Casey Jr. become part of the show, as they look like caged beasts from the outside.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Tue 29, 2008 11:39 am

why not just add screens to the existing fat people chairs we see in the park already?
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jul Tue 29, 2008 7:39 pm

Croaker wrote:why not just add screens to the existing fat people chairs we see in the park already?
cause they wouldn't be themed like the movie. in the movie, the chairs moved on a track (actually lines on the floor, but still...). the old peoplemover track serves this purpose well...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by bamato » Aug Fri 01, 2008 1:26 pm

My wife and I think thats a great idea. I'm sure it might stir up waves in certain communities of people... but it would be funny.

We thought maybe cars shaped like wall e would be cool and you would take the place of his trash he was transporting.

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Sat 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Well, if they're not going to bring the Peoplemover back they need to do something with the old tracks! What's the point of having them there if they aren't going to use them?? :?

bamato

Post by bamato » Aug Mon 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Slimmer Kimmers wrote:Well, if they're not going to bring the Peoplemover back they need to do something with the old tracks! What's the point of having them there if they aren't going to use them?? :?
Yeah they kind of add to the "deadness" of Tomorrowland. It feels more like yesterland, "look kids, theres where the 'ol people mover use to be". Real tommorow-ish when you see dead track hovering over your head. :x

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Aug Mon 04, 2008 1:15 pm

Slimmer Kimmers wrote:Well, if they're not going to bring the Peoplemover back they need to do something with the old tracks! What's the point of having them there if they aren't going to use them?? :?
It seems like I remember reading on MiceChat, that someone got to take a tour of Imagineering, and got to see the models, plans, etc of future projects that have not been announced. He was sworn to secrecy, but said something to the effect that Tomorrowland will be getting a big update, and at that time something Peoplemover-ish will be put back up there. He gave no timeline, but it seemed like it would take place after the DCA $1,000,000,000 update. I'm sure a read that thread a couple of years ago.

So, for what's it's worth...something to dream about.

bamato

Post by bamato » Aug Mon 04, 2008 1:26 pm

You watch.... they will talk of something new, and then they will tear the track down in the remodel (which I think is slated for 2010?) and demolish all our hopes and dreams.... :(

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Mon 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Hopefully they will bring the peoplemover back, perhaps cover it and make it more like WDW's. The peoplemover is Walt's dream for short distance public transport. Disney can't destroy Walt's dream, it is after all the place where dreams come true.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 04, 2008 2:28 pm

agingerbugg wrote:Disney can't destroy Walt's dream, it is after all the place where dreams come true.
They pretty much did in a way when they removed the Peoplemover for the Rocket Rods, took that out and left the track there to rust. But I really hope for something there so the track isn't used for viewing.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Mon 04, 2008 2:42 pm

elizabethswann wrote: They pretty much did in a way when they removed the Peoplemover for the Rocket Rods, took that out and left the track there to rust. But I really hope for something there so the track isn't used for viewing.
I understand, and agree a little. They need to do something with the track (preferably reincarnating the peoplemover or some variation, like TTA). I was referring more to the tearing down of the track during the 2010? renovations of Tomorrowland. The destruction of the track would be equal to the board shooting Walt outright.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin