California residents, does Disney lose its happiness?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Neptune
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Neptune » Oct Fri 10, 2008 12:58 am

My wife and I have had DL annual passports since they started them in the late 80's. We go many during the year and always have a great time. Like many others have said, you take much more time enjoying the details and soaking up the environment. We've been there several times where we haven't gone on a single ride and have still enjoyed ourselves.

The AP really let's you appreciates each aspect of the park the way it was intended; without the exhausting mad rush, the shoulder crushing mobs, or the obligation to spend the entire day there without feeling guilty over having "missed" something. I think one develops more of a zen attitude towards the rides and attractions when you go frequently, but the love of the place never diminishes. And you learn to not be bothered as much by long lines since you don't have to complete a marathon "agenda" of ride activity before you leave.

ashbuhdash
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by ashbuhdash » Oct Sun 19, 2008 2:21 am

I guess most of us APs on this site are just going to love DL no matter what, huh? :mickey:

Yes, I still love it...but in a different way. Disney does even the small things well in the park, and that's what makes having an AP so enjoyable for me!
Neptune wrote:I think one develops more of a zen attitude towards the rides and attractions when you go frequently, but the love of the place never diminishes.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

imgnrphx
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by imgnrphx » Oct Mon 27, 2008 3:12 am

I used to live close to Disneyland and I would go there with my mom almost every weekend. I don't think that it loses flair at all. When you get to go there more, you start to enjoy the small things that people who go there only once or twice don't notice. :P

And I definitely agree with Neptune. :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/Flaming_pheonix_/piratessiggy.gif[/img]

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 27, 2008 11:02 am

No Way! Actually going often just allows you to spend a lot more time in different areas. I love just hanging out in New Orleans Square. Its awesome to not have to run around to all the attractions that you want to ride. I love going on Sunday Afternoons to just hang out before work on Monday.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by bamato » Nov Tue 11, 2008 8:11 am

I am so unbelievably jealous of all of you.... I would give up so much if it meant being able to go "hang out" at DLR and not have to rush rush rush. I would love for it to be "honey, I had a bad day at work today, feel like strolling over to Disney and floatin through pirates...".... :cry: Dreams do come true right? :donald:

blinkereye123
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by blinkereye123 » Nov Thu 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Hey everyone. As a life-long west coaster I almost literally grew up at DL. Every
time relatives, friends, and even school trips arose we could be assured that we
would spend a day at the park. And of course, in the summer it was practically
my second home.

Even when we weren't physically there we could always see the fireworks from
our house every night. Now, even though I live somewhat farther away, I'm
still within driving distance of my favorite place.

It's actually been the one constant in my life that keeps me centered.

Later. Peace.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Fri 14, 2008 1:13 pm

This is a perfect place for me to shamelessly plug the SR 5th Anniversary Disneyland meet. If you're living in So. Cal. I expect no excuses for you to be there. :)

viewtopic.php?t=4358
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 14, 2008 2:47 pm

I still have a feeling mine will be a last minute decision so even if I don't get a shirt, I won't mind! Hopefully I'll make my decision before the year ends.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Nov Fri 14, 2008 3:47 pm

This is a perfect place for me to shamelessly plug the SR 5th Anniversary Disneyland meet. If you're living in So. Cal. I expect no excuses for you to be there.
I'm waiting to see if I can get my annual pass before then if I can I will most definitely be there!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

disneyfamily2008
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by disneyfamily2008 » Jan Wed 14, 2009 10:54 am

I live about three hours away and go as much as possible,I dont ever lose the magig of Disney no matter what. I LOVE DISNEY!
-Cory, Lala, Ashlyn & Annette

Our DL trips together:
- October 18-20, 2007
- August 12-14, 2008

Future DL trips together:
- February 17-21, 2009

CapnHook
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by CapnHook » Jan Wed 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Once upon a time, I lived only about an hour from Disneyland. Being a disney addict, I had to have an annual pass. So I bought an AP and kept it up for the remainder of the time I lived in California. No, it didn't get old. The neat thing is that you can relax. Because you already know that there is a next time. Favorite ride closed today? No problem... The line to the new attraction 4.5 hours long? Come back next time. Didn't matter what happened, I was relaxed, and always able to look at next time without that I have to get this done TODAY!!!!!!!! :shock: attitude. could just wander from time to time and take in things I had never noticed before. Take time to chat with cast members. Do other things that you just never have time for if you live farther away.

Now I live in the midwest, and miss DL a lot. Serious withdrawls. For me, much easier to go every couple of weeks than once a year...
Mr. Starkey: No splash, Captain.
Captain Hook: So, you want a splash, Mr Starkey? I'll give you a splash!
[Hook throws Mr Starkey overboard]
Captain Hook: Who's next?

Gymfan15

Post by Gymfan15 » Jan Wed 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Going to Disneyland frequently doesn't make it less fun at all. For a few months I went at least every week, and I LOVED it. There was always something new to do. If nothing, you could always sit somewhere and people-watch! Disneyland is great like that...it can't be made boring.
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/r76ikm.jpg[/img]
- Spareoom.net
Your place for everything Narnia!

wonderland
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by wonderland » Jan Sat 31, 2009 11:43 pm

nope...never loses its happiness. :mickey:

bamato

Post by bamato » Mar Tue 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Reading up on my old thread depressed me :( I feel like I haven't been in so long... And so much is going on in my wife and I's lives that we can't even fathom planning a trip right now :( I'd give up so much to be able to go more often :(

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Mon 23, 2009 10:22 pm

There are plenty of "non-disney" folk who work just because it's a job thats hiring. I've seen a few of those being a Custodian CM in EPCOT. A lot of people knew what the Disney Magic entitled but they wouldnt really go above and beyond, they would just make sure that they did their job properly and didnt get noticed doing something bad from management.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.