California residents, does Disney lose its happiness?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Mar Tue 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Living in California and having gone to the DLR a bazillion times, it still doesn't lose it's happiness. There's always something new, whether it's a new attraction or a new experience, or a moment with friends. There's also those moments that you know you've arrived (i.e. walking under the railroad tracks, arriving at the hub, etc.). And even though I live in the LA area, I still have Disneyland withdrawals (haven't been in a year).
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » Apr Wed 01, 2009 1:27 am

I think it would really depend on the person... My girlfriend got really tired of the rides after only 8 days straight, and I could have definitely done another week taking in details and trying to ride the rides and notice every last bit of the show!!

I think it has a lot to do with if you like the thrill of the rides and the adventure, or if you like the "atmosphere". I'm definitely a fan of the atmosphere, and simply sitting and relaxing in the happiness would be amazing. I also think I'd get way way to into photography if I was in Disney a lot, but that would be fun!!

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Apr Sun 19, 2009 12:30 am

It's definitely a personality thing - my father always complains about how the "real thing is better" (i.e., real river rafting, a real safari, etc.), but for me, it's a great place to go on a Friday evening, even if it's by myself. I work 10 minutes from the park, so I drive over, and just wander around. I'll wait patiently in long lines sometimes, or I'll just go on my favorite things: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Tiki Room. I stop and listen to the bands. I eat Dole Whip; or, in the winter, I marvel at the Christmas decorations, go on "It's a Small World," and enjoy a cinnamon crispy and a half hot chocolate/half coffee from the Petite Patisserie in NOS. With an annual pass, if you go approximately once per month and don't buy much food, it's cheaper than a movie. And it ends with fireworks.
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by napastoy » Apr Sun 19, 2009 3:11 am

I was born and raised in Southern Cal. Worked for Disneyland for many years. No, it doesn't get old. The magic is too strong.

The one thing my husband and I miss living in Colorado is not being able to go whenever we feel like it. We had our passes and we would go for dinner and ride a few attractions, simply satisfy a craving and smell the Disney air or grab a snack and walk around Downtown Disney.

We'd even bring a book along and sit on the benches and read and people watch.

No, you can't get tired of the magic. The allure of pixie dust and memory of Walt is too strong there.

:mickey:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Sun 19, 2009 11:18 pm

My husband and I live 4 hours away and we used to have APs and go 3-5 (sometimes more) times a year (usually for a 3-day weekend). We got to the point where, like the locals, it became a place to people watch and "get a fix". Eventually, we would like to live in the area and be able to go more often. We haven't gone in a year and a half and it's driving us nuts!!!!! (unfortunately, the situation is out of our hands)

PureDisney

Post by PureDisney » Jul Fri 17, 2009 10:58 am

I think this is an excellent question. Thanks for asking.

cadaisy
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by cadaisy » Jul Tue 28, 2009 5:23 pm

When I was a SoCal resident I would never tire of going. Now that I don't live there, I do feel a bit deprived. However the trade-off now is living 45 min away from Yellowstone. It's always good to have a place to get away...and both of these places are near and dear to my heart.
"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: California residents, does Disney lose its happiness?

Post by Tigger Fan » Apr Thu 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I've had my AP for over 15 years now and it hasn't lost the magic for me. However I go to R&R at the park. I have a friend that when she goes she has to pick out every little detail that might have changed and gripe about it, then it loses the magic because I have to listen to her all night long.
If you have to nick pick about the park you really shouldn't have an AP. Just go and enjoy the park and have fun like I do.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Tigger Fan wrote:I've had my AP for over 15 years now and it hasn't lost the magic for me. However I go to R&R at the park. I have a friend that when she goes she has to pick out every little detail that might have changed and gripe about it, then it loses the magic because I have to listen to her all night long.
If you have to nick pick about the park you really shouldn't have an AP. Just go and enjoy the park and have fun like I do.
15 years? That's amazing!

Tigger Fan

Post by Tigger Fan » Apr Fri 15, 2011 10:19 am

I'm willing to bet there are more out there that have the AP longer than I have.