Attractions at night!

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Attractions at night!

Post by bamato » May Wed 28, 2008 11:37 am

So which of the DLR attractions would you guys and gals definately recommend hitting up at night? I like the jungle cruise at night, it's more eerie. And if you go late enough, the tour guides are a little crazy. Now that I think about it... the only outdoor rides I've been on when it's dark out are the Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn. Hows BTM? Or Nemo's Sub? I can't wait till October!!!

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Attractions at night!

Post by danimal3114u » May Wed 28, 2008 5:24 pm

bamato wrote:So which of the DLR attractions would you guys and gals definately recommend hitting up at night? I like the jungle cruise at night, it's more eerie. And if you go late enough, the tour guides are a little crazy. Now that I think about it... the only outdoor rides I've been on when it's dark out are the Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn. Hows BTM? Or Nemo's Sub? I can't wait till October!!!
Nemo is actually pretty much identical during day or night, as they do a good job of lighting up the lagoon. Big Thunder is one of the best rides to go on at night, especially if you can time it so you're on during the Fireworks. It's really amazing being on the ride while the fireworks are going off, and the line is usually very short anyway. Splash is another one that's fun at night, as it gets very quite over there and you get a great view of the park lit up as you go down the big drop.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Wed 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Pirates is a good night time ride not because of the atmosphere but because the line is always short. Haunted Mansion is also a short wait at night but a little standing in the queue in the dark heightens the mood.

I also really like Jungle Cruise at night - in fact I avoid it during the day if at all possible.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Wed 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Big Thunder Mountain is definitely more fun at night. There's just something about a runaway train twisting and turning under a clear moonlight...and then the fireworks from Fantasmic add to the excitement.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

MintJulepRoo

Post by MintJulepRoo » May Thu 29, 2008 12:47 am

I think every single ride at Disneyland is better at night whether it's indoors or outside. It's because the Disney lighting at night is so amazing. You walk out into the streets of New Orleans Square after Pirates and you find yourself believing you are there. Night transforms everthing into the world you are supposed to be in. Big Thunder Mountain at night is so great for this very reason. You really feel like you are in the old west on a runaway mining train. I can't even speak on how cool the Jungle Cruise is at night. It's too amazing. Another great one is Storybookland. :)
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Thu 29, 2008 12:56 am

I think both Big Thunder and Splash Mountain are fun to do at night. I've only been on Nemo once and it was at night during a fireworks show so the line would be short. It was what I am guessing the same during the day. I couldn't tell when we were in the outside part of the ride.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Thu 29, 2008 12:57 am

Big Thunder is a lot of fun during the night. I like Indiana Jones during the night especially when you go through the queue. It's so thrilling when it's dark.

bamato

Post by bamato » May Thu 29, 2008 1:03 pm

MintJulepRoo wrote:I think every single ride at Disneyland is better at night whether it's indoors or outside. It's because the Disney lighting at night is so amazing. You walk out into the streets of New Orleans Square after Pirates and you find yourself believing you are there. Night transforms everthing into the world you are supposed to be in. Big Thunder Mountain at night is so great for this very reason. You really feel like you are in the old west on a runaway mining train. I can't even speak on how cool the Jungle Cruise is at night. It's too amazing. Another great one is Storybookland. :)
This is a really good point actually :) Disney has such a wonderful atmoshpere. And with no sun they have control of lighting as well :)

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » May Thu 29, 2008 3:57 pm

A few months back I rode Big thunder at night when it happened to be raining at the same time. Now that was fun and awesome. A few including me didn't wear any ponchos either.

HakuOni

Post by HakuOni » May Sat 31, 2008 12:11 am

indaiana jones is another one of my favorites to ride at night because it just makes it more mysterious and more adventureous with the flaming torches and lights all over.

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jun Thu 05, 2008 10:36 am

I tend to like these at night:
Buzz lightyears Astro Plasters, because your eyes are more acclimatized to the dark so you can see better.

Haunted Mansion, because the queue is so much more eerie at night.
Casey Jr., the little scenes are lit so beautifully
Canal boats: same as above

Can't say anything about BTM, Splash, or any coaster as I can't ride them. But really ALL of the rides seem a little different at night compared to the day.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

NWPrincess
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by NWPrincess » Jun Fri 06, 2008 11:38 pm

I would say the Sun Wheel in DCA. Beautiful view!

piratepauly
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by piratepauly » Jun Sat 07, 2008 6:05 pm

I like the Matterhorn at night when it is cold!

Junglecsipper
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Junglecsipper » Jun Tue 10, 2008 11:23 am

I might sound weird but I like the Mad Tea Party at night because the of the lighting
It makes for an fun time. :hatter_bounce:
Hi ya drivers Im Dusty the autopia car. For a safe drive remember to stay seated with your seat belt fastened.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Jun Tue 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Thunder mountain, Indiana Jones queue, the jungle cruise.