What is the One Souvineer that you Wish you had bought?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

What is the One Souvineer that you Wish you had bought?

Post by bluebayougirl » Apr Tue 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Everytime I go to the parks I see stuff that I want but dont buy, then I complain about not getting it, lol. So my question is, what is the one item you wish that you had bought.
For me it is the resin sculpture of the WDW castle cake that they made for the 25th anniversary of the park. Im still mad that I did not get one! - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

This still makes me sad...

Post by MintJulepRoo » Apr Tue 29, 2008 1:09 pm

I will always regret never purchasing the Mickey and Minnie beanies that were available in October of 2006 for Halloween. I meant to get them but we left the park without them! :( We went to Disneyland again this February and I wanted to get the Mickey and Minnie beanies for Valentines Day but they were dressed in head to toe in pink! Yuck! So I didnt get those either. I want to go back for another Holiday and this time I will get them no matter what!
Last edited by MintJulepRoo on Apr Tue 29, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

bluebayougirl

Post by bluebayougirl » Apr Tue 29, 2008 1:12 pm

I have those Mickey and Minnie beanies. Mickey is in a white t-shirt and Minnie is dressed as the queen from Snow White. Very cute - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Tue 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Two things I always think about when I go shopping at Disney.

At the St. Augustine Character Wharehouse they were selling models of the small bronze sculptures from around the hub. They were all marked down half price from the original Art of Disney price. Everytime I look at my bookshelves I always wish I had bought a few for knickknacks.

Also, I was a little sad that I missed out on something on my visit to epcot for the 25th. There was a huge line that began forming at the information desk at the center of the cicus tent a little after I arrived. I asked a CM what it was for and they told me it was for special edition pins. I'm not into the pins, so I just watched the line grow out under SSE and into the plaza thinking about all the crazy pin collectors. It turns out they were also selling a limited number (1,982) of shirts with the SSE opening logo on them (The 21st century begins October 1, 1982). I was so upset that I didn't get into that line. :cry:

edit: sorry, I didn't realize this was the Disneyland forum... at least the first items are still relevent :)

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Tue 29, 2008 4:15 pm

The old style attraction poster featuring The Submarine Voyage. It would look so, so perfect on my bedroom wall.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Apr Wed 30, 2008 2:06 pm

The ride picture of me and my oldest daughter on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. We went on it something like 5 times in a row, right before Wishes. Had a great time. She loved it. Arrgh. It was only $10.

Lesson learned.

wishesdv
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by wishesdv » May Thu 01, 2008 4:35 pm

In the early 70's there were rubber shrunken heads in Adventureland. I really wish I could have convinced my parents to get me one of those.

Anyone else remember them and all the barrels of snakes, crocs , spiders and the all important Native Spear.
"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Thu 01, 2008 5:12 pm

The rubber gorillas with the waggily arms were the best, although I have no regrets because I bought one.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » May Fri 02, 2008 9:01 am

There once was this goofy "statue" about a foot or 2 high that I wanted to buy.. but it would have cost to much to get it home, so we didn't. I really wish I had... maybe someday when we drive down!
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

michelesanchez
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by michelesanchez » Apr Sat 04, 2009 12:40 am

In 1998/1999 in the park they sold these little resin replicas of some attractions and they opened and had lttle ride vehicles -i wish i would have bought the haunted mansion and the splash mountain one -they were really cute. Also i miss the pens that used to have liquid in them and you would turn them upside down and the attraction vechicle would float down to the other side ..I think i had one for splash mountain but i do not know where it went ... :cry:
michele:)

Atomic
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Atomic » Apr Sat 04, 2009 2:37 am

wishesdv wrote:In the early 70's there were rubber shrunken heads in Adventureland. I really wish I could have convinced my parents to get me one of those.

Anyone else remember them and all the barrels of snakes, crocs , spiders and the all important Native Spear.
I remember those!

I collect crystal artwork and I really regret not purchasing the crystal Cinderella castle I saw in one of the shops. :?

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » Apr Sat 04, 2009 2:11 pm

The plastic Wall-E that talked to Eve would have been awesome, but when I sent my family to buy it two weeks later, the park had none left...
michelesanchez wrote:In 1998/1999 in the park they sold these little resin replicas of some attractions and they opened and had lttle ride vehicles -i wish i would have bought the haunted mansion and the splash mountain one -they were really cute. Also i miss the pens that used to have liquid in them and you would turn them upside down and the attraction vechicle would float down to the other side ..I think i had one for splash mountain but i do not know where it went ... :cry:
I'm sure I saw the HMH one that opened to show the track and ride vehicles at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney in February. No splash mountain one though :( otherwise I totally would have bought it.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sat 04, 2009 7:15 pm

I regret never buying at least one thing I wanted at the Art of Disney. It always seemed so expensive.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Sat 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Any kind of sculpture from my favorite film that I would see in Disneyana. One day when I have the money I will find them on eBay.

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 11, 2009 2:14 pm

A white mug with the old-fashioned "It's a Small World" lettering on it. Next time I went, they'd replaced it with one with cutsy doll faces.