Hook's Pointe restaurant.

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

WishUponaStar
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Hook's Pointe restaurant.

Post by WishUponaStar » Feb Thu 21, 2008 6:54 pm

We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel this June celebrating my 30th birthday & our 5th wedding anniversary. Has anyone ever eaten at Hook's Pointe? We've eaten at many DL restaurants but never this one.

Any reviews? Food/Service/Atmosphere?
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10701;442/st/20081008/e/WDW/k/39e1/event.png[/img]

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Thu 21, 2008 7:36 pm

i ate there with my family one night. the food is really good. the service was amazing, too. the caesar salad there is good. my mom and my stepdad love the clam chowder there. i love their happy birthday cheer since they sing yo ho, yo ho /random. if you're a fan of seafood, this is a good place to go.

WishUponaStar

Post by WishUponaStar » Feb Thu 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks for the review. I actually don't eat seafood AT ALL, but my husband LOVES it. So, I was thinking this would be a place he would really enjoy the most. I did see on the allears menus that they have some chicken, steak, & pastas so I should be ok.

Is it really Peter Pan themed or is it more like any old steakhouse?
capnjacksparrow wrote:i ate there with my family one night. the food is really good. the service was amazing, too. the caesar salad there is good. my mom and my stepdad love the clam chowder there. i love their happy birthday cheer since they sing yo ho, yo ho /random. if you're a fan of seafood, this is a good place to go.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10701;442/st/20081008/e/WDW/k/39e1/event.png[/img]

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Thu 21, 2008 9:10 pm

it's peter pan/pirates themed. they play music from peter pan in the background. very relaxing atmosphere.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Feb Fri 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Wow, my wife and I had a very, very different experience there. Slow service, bland food. There are at least four far, far superior dining options on property (Napa Rose, Catal, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Granville's (I think it's Steakhouse 55 now)) and Hook's Pointe is NOT cheap.

I could never recommend that restaurant to anyone. We were hugely disappointed.
~Steve

WishUponaStar

Post by WishUponaStar » Feb Fri 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Hmm, that's not good! The ones you listed ARE great indeed. We wanted to try something that neither of us have ever eaten at before, which only leaves a handful. :lol: I think I still may try it & see how it goes. hopefully I won't be dissapointed because we're only going to be there for 4 days, which means only 4 great dinners to choose from.
spaulo wrote:Wow, my wife and I had a very, very different experience there. Slow service, bland food. There are at least four far, far superior dining options on property (Napa Rose, Catal, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Granville's (I think it's Steakhouse 55 now)) and Hook's Pointe is NOT cheap.

I could never recommend that restaurant to anyone. We were hugely disappointed.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Fri 14, 2008 1:29 am

Uh, wow, where IS this place? I can't believe I've never heard of this.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » Mar Fri 14, 2008 2:14 am

My family really liked this restaurant! It was good, not the absolute best, but still great.

Granville's is still our favorite.

Sub, it's at the Disneyland Hotel, right next to the pool and the glass shop.
Kinda secluded.
Disneyland is the best!