Year of a Million Dashed Dreams!

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Feb Fri 22, 2008 2:39 pm

Calypso wrote:Hmmmm... maybe the randomness excludes Disney fanatics? I don't know... haven't been to DL since it started, but have been to WDW several times. Nada.
Actually, the fact that people who go more often do not seem any more likely to win is evidence of the contest's true randomness. Going more days in a year does not increase your chances on any given day.

It's possible that going to the parks on slower, less-crowded days may help your chances (my wife and I got ours on a Tuesday in the second week of December) but the nature of the selection process kinda sounds like this isn't the case either (they handed the passes we got to everyone who stepped out of the Tower of Terror preshow room with us)
~Steve

I,Hammer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by I,Hammer » May Fri 09, 2008 12:46 am

I got a Million Dreams thing once!

It was amazingly out of the blue. My g/f and I were having lunch at Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA, and the cast member asked if it was just us. We said yes, and she said we were the winners for the day for the million dreams thing.

We had a private table-clothed table right by the door with our own condiments and silverware. She personally served us our drinks and burgers, giving us special color changing straws and size upgrades. We got complimentary shakes for dinner and complimentary fries as well. The cast member was very diligent on always checking up on us to make sure we were good, got free refills, a free pin, the whole bit.

It was really memorable...

And the free perks almost paid for the value of the meal!

That was our 7th or 8th trip though. It takes a while, and I doubt we'll win again.

But it was good and really random! Totally not expecting it, but it made our trip!
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4100/userbar623231og3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6967/userbar623226yu5.gif[/img][/url]

"Welcome Foolish Mortals, to the Haunted Mansion. I am your host, your Ghost Host"

ashbuhdash
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by ashbuhdash » Jun Mon 09, 2008 9:01 pm

I've been five or six times since the dreams began, and one of the last times I was there I finally won something...we literally walked right into the Dream Squad folks in Tomorrowland, and we were given the extra hour in the park passes. Not expecting to win anything certainly made the experience even better. :D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Tue 10, 2008 11:14 am

What's the extra hour in the park? They keep the park open for another hour just for those people who hold the passes? Is it like super empty?
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jun Sat 14, 2008 12:24 pm

I've seen quite a few of fast pass winners. The churros sound great but do think you could swap it for ice cream?

Call it the year of a million ice creams :!: :!: :!:

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jun Sat 14, 2008 8:36 pm

thats cool, good luck to you all! i will go to disneyland soon but i dont think i will win anything though. oh well.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Jun Mon 16, 2008 10:28 am

subsonic wrote:What's the extra hour in the park? They keep the park open for another hour just for those people who hold the passes? Is it like super empty?
Yep, they limit the amount of people that get the pass and they keep all the rides open. Mouseplanet had a good report when someone won the DCA extra hour passes:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl080122xx
It's about a quarter of the way down the page with the headline "Dream Time at Disney's California Adventure"

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jun Mon 16, 2008 11:33 pm

Nope. I have gotten nothing ever since this has all started.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Jun Wed 18, 2008 6:21 pm

I have gone several times and have only one once. I happened to be waiting for my wife to use the restroom in between Carnation plaza and the mexican restaurant when some cast members walked in front of me and started handing out lanyards with two pins that you could keep or trade. That is the only time I have won. Another time I was waiting in line at Peter Pan when I saw some cast members hading out magical fast passes to people exiting Pinnochio. We tried to get out of line and get there in time, but to no avail. :(

metsofny

Post by metsofny » Jun Thu 19, 2008 9:07 am

I guess you just have to remember, with the number of guests who visit the parks a million prizes is really not that many.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jun Sun 29, 2008 5:17 pm

We just returned from a week long trip and during that time we won Dream Fastpasses. :mickey:

Disneykid52
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Disneykid52 » Jun Sun 29, 2008 9:09 pm

While visiting Disneyland this May, early on Sunday morning I was near Small World and came upon the Dream Team handing out Dream Fast Passes. When they presented me with a Dream Fast Pass I was so thrilled that I did not realize they are only good for the day issued. I was speechless. My daughter in law was one her way from the entrance to meet me (we both live 1000 miles from the park) so this was a big deal for us touring the park together. I couldn't ride everything alone...so we went to City Hall and explained our situation and they were so kind and actually issued her a Dream Fast Pass! They didn't have to do that, but it made all the difference to us as I have severe arthritis it is painful for me to stand in line. It was Disney Magic! It meant so much as I had spent the last five years caring for my Mother before she passed away and could not visit the Park. It felt like Angels were intervening.
So...I said jokingly to my daughter-in-law, where shall we go to find the Dream Team tomorrow morning? I thought right by the Fire Station under the window to Walt's Apartment might be good and so early that morning we were hanging out, really enjoying chatting with a cast member and I told him my dream was to see Walt's apartment and how much of a hero Walt has always been to me. I feel Walt's spirit still lingers in the Park. He laughed and said he has worked at DLR for six years and only just recently got to see it. However, then he presented us with a beautiful folder with reserved seats to the Golden Horseshoe. We had been Dreamed! We were so thrilled. Our reserved table was right in front of the stage and the show was corney and wonderful - Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. We ate hot fudge sundaes and felt so special!
The next day my daughter-in-law had left for home and I was scheduled to go the the airport and fly home at noon. I wanted to take one precious stroll alone through the Park and the Animation exhibit at DCA before I went to the airport. I was walking by the Matterhorn and admiring the beautiful Monorail all decked out for the Year of Dreams and got to visiting with another lovely cast member. I told him I had to leave at Noon and felt a bit like Cinderella. He then presented me with a button "Official Citizen of Disneyland" and taught me the official oath of citizenship involving "not jumping over the ropes and such". He was so sweet. Of course I started to cry as I was so touched. He pulled a beautiful Tinkerbell Year of Millions Dreams pin out of his pack and gave it to me. I took photos of these wonderful cast members and I will never forget them. So it is not only the Dream Team that can grant wishes! And if any of you reading this are Cast Members I would like to express my deepest heartfelt love and appreciation for what you do on a daily basis, with the noise, the heat, crowds and exhaustion....YOU my friends create real and lasting MAGIC. And it was the spirit of giving that meant the most. At Disneyland it always feels like we are ALL MEMBERS of the same Human Race. Those vibrations of brotherhood radiate all around the Globe and Cast members (and Walt) make the magic happen.
I am sorry to read in these posts that so many of you have been disappointed by not winning a prize, because I wish everyone could have as much joy as I experienced during our visit. Maybe it means you just should go back and go often! I really believe if you wear a huge smile on your face and love in your heart you attract positive energy.

:mickey:

WishUponaStar
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by WishUponaStar » Jul Wed 02, 2008 5:40 pm

I never expect to win anything in WDW or DL but we finally received a dream...

We got Dream FastPasses in Disneyland on June 22nd! :P

We were exiting the train at New Orleans Square and 3 Dream Team members were giving out a handful right at the fountain near French Market.

We were SOOO excited. We hardly used any of our tabs 'cause every attraction we went to, especially in DCA, only had a 5-20 minute wait!

I have one more trip during YoaMDs, WDW in October, so I would be SO excited to win another prize! If not though, I already feel blessed enough to be able to go so often! That's a prize in itself. :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10701;442/st/20081008/e/WDW/k/39e1/event.png[/img]

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Jul Wed 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Disneykid52 wrote:While visiting Disneyland this May, early on Sunday morning I was near Small World and came upon the Dream Team handing out Dream Fast Passes. When they presented me with a Dream Fast Pass I was so thrilled that I did not realize they are only good for the day issued. I was speechless. My daughter in law was one her way from the entrance to meet me (we both live 1000 miles from the park) so this was a big deal for us touring the park together. I couldn't ride everything alone...so we went to City Hall and explained our situation and they were so kind and actually issued her a Dream Fast Pass! They didn't have to do that, but it made all the difference to us as I have severe arthritis it is painful for me to stand in line. It was Disney Magic! It meant so much as I had spent the last five years caring for my Mother before she passed away and could not visit the Park. It felt like Angels were intervening.
So...I said jokingly to my daughter-in-law, where shall we go to find the Dream Team tomorrow morning? I thought right by the Fire Station under the window to Walt's Apartment might be good and so early that morning we were hanging out, really enjoying chatting with a cast member and I told him my dream was to see Walt's apartment and how much of a hero Walt has always been to me. I feel Walt's spirit still lingers in the Park. He laughed and said he has worked at DLR for six years and only just recently got to see it. However, then he presented us with a beautiful folder with reserved seats to the Golden Horseshoe. We had been Dreamed! We were so thrilled. Our reserved table was right in front of the stage and the show was corney and wonderful - Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. We ate hot fudge sundaes and felt so special!
The next day my daughter-in-law had left for home and I was scheduled to go the the airport and fly home at noon. I wanted to take one precious stroll alone through the Park and the Animation exhibit at DCA before I went to the airport. I was walking by the Matterhorn and admiring the beautiful Monorail all decked out for the Year of Dreams and got to visiting with another lovely cast member. I told him I had to leave at Noon and felt a bit like Cinderella. He then presented me with a button "Official Citizen of Disneyland" and taught me the official oath of citizenship involving "not jumping over the ropes and such". He was so sweet. Of course I started to cry as I was so touched. He pulled a beautiful Tinkerbell Year of Millions Dreams pin out of his pack and gave it to me. I took photos of these wonderful cast members and I will never forget them. So it is not only the Dream Team that can grant wishes! And if any of you reading this are Cast Members I would like to express my deepest heartfelt love and appreciation for what you do on a daily basis, with the noise, the heat, crowds and exhaustion....YOU my friends create real and lasting MAGIC. And it was the spirit of giving that meant the most. At Disneyland it always feels like we are ALL MEMBERS of the same Human Race. Those vibrations of brotherhood radiate all around the Globe and Cast members (and Walt) make the magic happen.
I am sorry to read in these posts that so many of you have been disappointed by not winning a prize, because I wish everyone could have as much joy as I experienced during our visit. Maybe it means you just should go back and go often! I really believe if you wear a huge smile on your face and love in your heart you attract positive energy.

:mickey:
That's a wonderful story Disneykid, sounds like you had a truly magical visit!

JWG

Post by JWG » Jul Thu 03, 2008 10:58 am

spaulo wrote:
FlyingMouse wrote:
spaulo wrote: my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and their son,
:shock: *scratches head*

Oh, it's one of those families. :wink:
Eh? It's a family, a mother, a father, and a son.

The mother in question is my wife's sister. So, my sister-in-law. Of course, her husband is also then my brother-in-law...

?
I get it, my sister-in-law's husband is still my brother-in-law as well. I call him the "borther-in-law-in-law"
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]