No 4th Night Free!??!? What a crock!

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

faxprincess
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

No 4th Night Free!??!? What a crock!

Post by faxprincess » Jan Thu 17, 2008 2:42 pm

So, typically our family will go to Disneyland in the off season - November or February. We usually get the 4th night free when we go. When I called to double check out reservation (We stay a Good Neighbor Hotel) for this February, I asked the reservationist about the 4th night free deal and she said they've all been so busy, they are not going to do that promotion. I didn't realize this Year (okay, so like 2 years) of a Million Dreams thing was so big. Has anybody else heard how successful this has been and if the people are coming in droves? I was so looking forward to pleasant weather AND short lines. :mickey2:

mousemaniacs
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by mousemaniacs » Jan Wed 23, 2008 9:32 pm

I've never heard of this 4th night free thing. What do you mean by "good neighbor hotel"? Does that mean non-disney property?

faxprincess

Post by faxprincess » Jan Thu 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Yes. It's a group of hotels in close vicinity of Disneyland. For several years now, Disneyland Resort and almost all the other hotels have done this every 4th night free thing. (so if you stay 8 days, you get another night free.) It usually takes place from January to Aprilish. Such a bummer! Are they purposely trying to tick us of? (Increasing ticket prices, taking away incentives, etc.)

mousemaniacs

Post by mousemaniacs » Feb Thu 21, 2008 12:36 pm

i really think it is just supply & demand. disney (and everyone making money off of disney) is going to constantly push the "needle". like all businesses, they are trying to find the point at which they can be most profitable. that point is the highest price that won't turn away their ideal # of customers. to find that point, they'll keep pushing up prices and/or removing incentives until they start noticing diminishing returns. fortunately for them, they haven't experienced the diminishing returns. we should expect more of the same...

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Feb Thu 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeah, mousemaniacs is right... promotions, you must understand, are never offered for the benefit of the consumer. Businesses offer promotions to increase sales (or, in this case, room bookings), not to do anyone a favor.

This year they apparently don't need to do this, because there really hasn't been a "slow" season at Disneyland since May 2005...
~Steve

WishUponaStar

Post by WishUponaStar » Feb Thu 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Ahhh man, that stinks. I am always forced to go during busy times b/c I am a teacher & live on the east-coast so it's hard to just jump over when I feel like it. If I had known about that deal in the past it may have been VERY enticing! Sorry they aren't offering it this year.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10701;442/st/20081008/e/WDW/k/39e1/event.png[/img]