Exclusive "Club 33" in New Orleans Square

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Exclusive "Club 33" in New Orleans Square

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Nov Sun 04, 2007 6:18 pm

I just read about this private club located in New Orleans Square that is only open to "Club 33 Members". Maybe I'm the only one, but I had NO IDEA that this place existed! Crazy! The entrance is next to the Blue Bayou and you have to push a button on a concealed intercom to speak with a receptionist who then checks to see if you're on their list before they'll let you in. And apparently, the waiting list to get a membership was 14 years! And now they've closed it off to new membership just this year. Am I the only one that had never heard of this place??

FYI you can read about Club 33 here :mickey: :
http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/club33.asp

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Sun 04, 2007 11:30 pm

this ia a club OTHER than Club 33? I've never heard of it before. Almost everyone here has heard of Club 33 before, and where it's located. But, I;ve never heard of a second club
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Nov Mon 05, 2007 1:48 am

js3901 wrote:this ia a club OTHER than Club 33? I've never heard of it before. Almost everyone here has heard of Club 33 before, and where it's located. But, I;ve never heard of a second club
No, I'm talking about Club 33, not another club. So I guess I AM the only person on here who had never heard of it before! :oops: Oh, well!

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Nov Mon 05, 2007 8:53 am

LOL! There are some great musical selections here on Subsonic for Club 33.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Nov Mon 05, 2007 11:32 am

I think it's amazing how most of us here just assume that Club 33 is common knowledge. Now that I think about it, I'll bet most of the people going to Disneyland have never even heard of the secret club!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 05, 2007 11:42 am

I only know about it because I watch all the Disney travel shows.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Nov Mon 05, 2007 11:51 am

just came up with a hypothesis that living in Southern California probably has a lot to do with general knowledge about Club 33. I'd imagine that most of the people who live in Southern California and have any interest in Disneyland (or might not) have at least heard of it because they know someone who knows someone who has a membership. It's such a cool place that I think even people who aren't interested in Disneyland talk about it. Club 33 probably comes up in normal conversation about once a year for me, even with people I don't really know that well. They'll talk about how they just went because their boss is a member or how their company just got an in. We won't even be talking about Disneyland and it will come up :) . Do others in Southern CA have similar experiences?

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Nov Mon 05, 2007 1:18 pm

danimal3114u wrote:just came up with a hypothesis that living in Southern California probably has a lot to do with general knowledge about Club 33.
I've never lived in SoCal and I dream about joining Club 33 some year... have known about it since I was a kid. My parents knew about it, told me about it.
~Steve

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Nov Mon 05, 2007 1:40 pm

danimal3114u wrote:just came up with a hypothesis that living in Southern California probably has a lot to do with general knowledge about Club 33. I'd imagine that most of the people who live in Southern California and have any interest in Disneyland (or might not) have at least heard of it because they know someone who knows someone who has a membership. It's such a cool place that I think even people who aren't interested in Disneyland talk about it. Club 33 probably comes up in normal conversation about once a year for me, even with people I don't really know that well. They'll talk about how they just went because their boss is a member or how their company just got an in. We won't even be talking about Disneyland and it will come up :) . Do others in Southern CA have similar experiences?
I wish I knew somebody who had a membership to club 33...because then i would hit them up to invite me for sure! lol

Hopefully one day I meet someone or have the money to get into club 33. Just at least once! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Nov Tue 06, 2007 11:49 am

danimal3114u wrote:just came up with a hypothesis that living in Southern California probably has a lot to do with general knowledge about Club 33. I'd imagine that most of the people who live in Southern California and have any interest in Disneyland (or might not) have at least heard of it because they know someone who knows someone who has a membership.
I JUST moved to So Cal about 6 weeks ago. So I blame my previous lack of Club 33 knowledge on not living down here. :wink:

vintif
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by vintif » Dec Tue 04, 2007 10:23 pm

I have been once.....everyone should go once if they can...

From the antique elevator to the great food....it is a great experience
Disneyland always gives us something to look forward too!!!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Wed 05, 2007 2:20 am

So come on. I give people free Disney music. When is someone that's a member of Club 33 going to take me there?! WHEN?!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Dec Wed 05, 2007 1:55 pm

subsonic wrote:So come on. I give people free Disney music. When is someone that's a member of Club 33 going to take me there?! WHEN?!
We should all pitch in some money and get on the wait list. it'll be like a corporate account :). And then we should all be able to go by the time Sub is like 53 :wink:

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Dec Fri 07, 2007 11:03 am

My friend has worked at the Disney Stores for years and she had regular customers who finally got there membership 6-7 years ago now. They would take the DS employees up a couple of times a year, so everytime my friend would go I would get a call from the phone booth. Sad to say I have yet to go myself.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Jan Thu 10, 2008 3:41 am

My dad used to purchase significant amounts of products from GE, which has a corporate membership, when he owned an electrical supply store. His GE contact used to take my dad and my mom to Club 33 to "schmooze." When I was 12 or so, I became Disneyland obsessed, and I read "Mouse Tails," which has a whole chapter on Club 33.

When I mentioned it to my dad, he informed me he'd been there. Once he knew I really wanted to go, he worked to make arrangements. I got to go there for my 16th, 18th, and 21st birthdays (which was perfect, because Club 33 is the only place in Disneyland that serves booze!). If you do get to go, it's pretty neat - you get a complementary park hopper ticket for each party with your reservation. If you consider the price of such a ticket, then the high price of the food suddenly seems much more reasonable. And the food is wonderful there - like the Napa Rose, but inside the park.

If you live in SoCal and are really interested in going, attend charity events with silent or live auctions - Disneyland allows members to donate a certain amount of reservations for charity events, and sometimes they will be sold at auctions (though the bid price usually winds up being pretty high). I also like the "corporate membership" idea, though!
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."