Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: What is your favorite Disneyland ride that no longer exi

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 29, 2012 4:46 pm

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote: I thought it was pretty Jetsons-like when I watched a video of the Monsanto House on youtube. I can understand the whole walk-through idea being sort of boring...especially when the Matterhorn was close by! Did they have Disney hosts or hostesses in the house showing things off? Or was it completely unattended inside and the house just went through it's paces?
Groovy ~ that's a word that you don't hear much, but I like it ;) :lol:
I think the early years, there were some Monsanto people on site, demonstrating some of the automated featues; later, I don't recall anyone inside, just some random CMs to keep people moving through and behind the darn rope barriers.
Yeah, groovy, I liked throwing that in, maybe another comment, I'll find a way to work Boss in, except that's back again now, so not the same 8-)
Interesting - thanks! I like groovy far better then boss :roll: groovy reminds me of the Brady Bunch :D

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Fri 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Amy wrote:
DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote: I thought it was pretty Jetsons-like when I watched a video of the Monsanto House on youtube. I can understand the whole walk-through idea being sort of boring...especially when the Matterhorn was close by! Did they have Disney hosts or hostesses in the house showing things off? Or was it completely unattended inside and the house just went through it's paces?
Groovy ~ that's a word that you don't hear much, but I like it ;) :lol:
I think the early years, there were some Monsanto people on site, demonstrating some of the automated featues; later, I don't recall anyone inside, just some random CMs to keep people moving through and behind the darn rope barriers.
Yeah, groovy, I liked throwing that in, maybe another comment, I'll find a way to work Boss in, except that's back again now, so not the same 8-)
Interesting - thanks! I like groovy far better then boss :roll: groovy reminds me of the Brady Bunch :D
Ok, I'll skip Boss then and just move up to Awesome, or go totally Brit and declare everything "Briiliant!". 8-) Yes, Groovy had me feeling very Austin Powers. The other favorite, at least here in SoCal in the 60's was Twitchin', borrowed and modified a bit from the surf culture.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

zooey2011
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by zooey2011 » Jul Tue 17, 2012 10:22 am

country bear jamboree and people mover!!! i hate whinnie the pooh ride they should have never gotten rid of country bear that was an awesome attraction and made critter countrys atmosphear sublime

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Jul Wed 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Absolutely to the the Country Bear Jamboree. While I don't dislike the Pooh ride, I thought the Jamboree brought much more than the same-old dark ride style.

I just wish the whole Johnny Depp-inspiration would go away from Pirates of the Carribean, and we could get the original ride restored.

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Aug Thu 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Disneyland Viewliner! Always be my favorite.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 09, 2012 6:54 pm

GeoffS wrote:Absolutely to the the Country Bear Jamboree. While I don't dislike the Pooh ride, I thought the Jamboree brought much more than the same-old dark ride style.

I just wish the whole Johnny Depp-inspiration would go away from Pirates of the Carribean, and we could get the original ride restored.
I'm not a big fan of Johnny Depp being in Pirates of the Caribbean either :roll:
darthblixt wrote:Disneyland Viewliner! Always be my favorite.
Did you get to ride the original Disneyland Viewliner? Very cool!

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Aug Fri 10, 2012 12:34 am

darthblixt wrote:Disneyland Viewliner! Always be my favorite.
Wow, I'm impressed; that ride was open such a short time in '57-58, I've never met anyone who actually rode on it. We want pics :lol: !

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Aug Fri 10, 2012 11:27 am

I wish I had pics! Our family couldn't afford a camera. The train was a cool concept, if memory serves it traveled to tomorrowland. I forget where it started from but it only traveled between two of the lands. it was supposed to represent the future of train travel running next to the disneyland railroad that represented the past.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Aug Fri 10, 2012 7:16 pm

darthblixt wrote:I wish I had pics! Our family couldn't afford a camera. The train was a cool concept, if memory serves it traveled to tomorrowland. I forget where it started from but it only traveled between two of the lands. it was supposed to represent the future of train travel running next to the disneyland railroad that represented the past.
Excellent that you were able to ride it. I'll bet you miss an old part of Disneyland as much as I do that wasn't a ride but certainly a strong part of the Park: Skull Rock. Oh boy, did I love that, especially at night, with those glowing eyes! I was so happy when I finally got to Paris and there was Skull Rock again. Such an awesome, atmospheric element to the Parks; they should all have one :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 10, 2012 11:14 pm

DisneySpin wrote:
darthblixt wrote:I wish I had pics! Our family couldn't afford a camera. The train was a cool concept, if memory serves it traveled to tomorrowland. I forget where it started from but it only traveled between two of the lands. it was supposed to represent the future of train travel running next to the disneyland railroad that represented the past.
Excellent that you were able to ride it. I'll bet you miss an old part of Disneyland as much as I do that wasn't a ride but certainly a strong part of the Park: Skull Rock. Oh boy, did I love that, especially at night, with those glowing eyes! I was so happy when I finally got to Paris and there was Skull Rock again. Such an awesome, atmospheric element to the Parks; they should all have one :D
That is very neat that you got to experience that attraction :D
Skull Rock was pretty cool at DLP!