Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Tue 10, 2009 1:45 pm

I don't think I've ever seen it before.

avastindy
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by avastindy » Nov Fri 27, 2009 1:28 pm

My favorite ride that is now gone would be Country Bear Jamboree. I loved that ride when i was little. I have seen Light Magic a few times and i enjoyed it when i was little. I also miss Journey Into Imagination ride as well. I know that it was at epcot, but it is the most vivid ride in my mind that is extinct. I was 5 then and i ot to ride it 1 year before it closed.
"Remain seated please; Permanecer sentados por favor"

"Everyone turn around and wave good-bye to the people back on the dock... Come on wave! You may never, ever see them again. But then again, you probably never, ever saw them before." - J.C.

e3751
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by e3751 » Dec Tue 01, 2009 11:25 am

people mover... for sure

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Wed 02, 2009 2:03 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Peoplemover!

A few years ago I made the Tomorrowland theme here. I remade the car in 3-D for it.

Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Wed 02, 2009 2:27 pm

If the Peoplemover tracks are still there in Disneyland - WHY NOT USE THEM?!?!? :roll:

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by ZenMondo » Dec Sun 06, 2009 4:37 am

Well Peoplemover goes without saying but we have said it SO much here. Also I miss Adventure Thru Innerspace, but I can relive that in the virtual ride through DVD I got from atommobiles.com I am conflicted about it though as the attraction that replaced it is Star Tours, and I am a gigantic Star Wars Nerd.

Its been so long since I have been to Disneyland I don't even know what is gone these days that I remember from childhood.

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by hackmonkey » Dec Tue 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes, People mover hands down.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Tue 29, 2009 2:57 pm

About Light Magic, we were supposed to go during the summer it was playing, however, our plans fell through so we never got to see it. I do like the music though...

I agree with mindflipper...if the peoplemover tracks are there, why not use them???? (just no more trying to make a fast ride without banked turns, ok? Peoplemover doesn't have to be fast..save it for space mountain)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Wed 30, 2009 6:45 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I agree with mindflipper...if the peoplemover tracks are there, why not use them???? (just no more trying to make a fast ride without banked turns, ok? Peoplemover doesn't have to be fast..save it for space mountain)
The thing is that they'd have to really fix up the tracks, clean them up, refurbish them and make sure they're up to being put to use. The Rocket Rods really damaged the tracks because the tracks itself were not made for a fast moving ride. If they ever bring back the Peoplemover, they would have to give an entire track refurbishment and clean up the place.

The only thing is that how would people be able to be loaded or even go into line since the Rocket Rods' queue started in the building that has the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and the Circlevision 360.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Wed 30, 2009 7:15 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I agree with mindflipper...if the peoplemover tracks are there, why not use them???? (just no more trying to make a fast ride without banked turns, ok? Peoplemover doesn't have to be fast..save it for space mountain)
The thing is that they'd have to really fix up the tracks, clean them up, refurbish them and make sure they're up to being put to use. The Rocket Rods really damaged the tracks because the tracks itself were not made for a fast moving ride. If they ever bring back the Peoplemover, they would have to give an entire track refurbishment and clean up the place.

The only thing is that how would people be able to be loaded or even go into line since the Rocket Rods' queue started in the building that has the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and the Circlevision 360.
Yes, I know. Unfortunately, the tracks are in severe disrepair. :( As far as the queue goes, there would have to be some creativity.
Now, I heard rumors that the Astro-orbiter was going to go back in it's rightful position atop the load/unload area for peoplemover. Now, I don't know if that is still a possibility or not, but I would imagine the 2 queue areas would be close to each other as they used to be...although, there are way more people around these days.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 03, 2010 12:07 am

I remember hearing those rumors about the Astro-Orbiter and while I wouldn't mind it being back at its old place, it would take some time to do it.

I wouldn't mind it going back to the old entrance way like this.

aliastin
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Skyride

Post by aliastin » Jan Mon 04, 2010 1:51 am

I miss the skyride through the Matterhorn. Why did they take that down? I loved the music and the sexy leiderhosen!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Mon 04, 2010 3:05 am

http://yesterland.com/skywayfant.html has some information on the closure of the ride.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 04, 2010 10:09 am

Many reasons are given for its closure, but be assured safety was one of the primary reasons regardless of the staff re-assignment they quoted. Many guests looked for ways to become sue-happy litigators, and were willing to injure themselves to get that pay-off to keep the lawsuit going to court and becoming public. Disney has taken many steps to eliminate such problems through extensive risk management - which has also meant closing the rides if the potential risk could not be re-engineered to eliminate the problems that could result in litigation. Skyway was one. 20,000 Leagues was another (although there were many good reasons to close this one down - besides the constant "slip & fall" injury lawsuits the operating costs for its upkeep was very expensive). Disney will never cite the reason they closed an attraction was out of safety concerns - some twisted lawyer out there would try to use that as an admission of guilt if they did. :? :wink:

gilhooly

Post by gilhooly » Jan Tue 05, 2010 9:15 pm

I miss Skyway and Peoplemover and the Country Bears the most. Slightly off topic, but I also miss the Cascade Peak waterfalls.