Matterhorn's New Bobsleds

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Thu 31, 2008 2:53 am

sweet! i can't wait to see the new bobsleds the next time i go.

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Jan Thu 31, 2008 7:21 am

It's hard to see what color they are from the picture - maybe light blue? I actually like the color of the "old" bobsleds, white with the red/orange stripe.

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Jan Thu 31, 2008 8:59 am

the sled doesn't look finished... maybe it's a primer or the color of the fiberglass/plastic/resin.... Maybe it will get a nice paint job later?

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Jan Thu 31, 2008 11:22 am

YZFDonor wrote:the sled doesn't look finished... maybe it's a primer or the color of the fiberglass/plastic/resin.... Maybe it will get a nice paint job later?
My thoughts exactly

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jan Thu 31, 2008 12:19 pm

It would be nice if someone could post a photo of them in action at DLR. (Hint Hint to all you of locals who might be going sooner than the rest of us) :wink: :)

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Feb Sat 02, 2008 3:56 pm

I just hope the new cars have lap bars instead of seatbelts - I think the scramble over the buckling and unbuckling of seatbelts is one of the reasons the Matterhorn line always moves so slow. Especially when you were trying to buckle two people into one seat.
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

cap396

Post by cap396 » Feb Mon 04, 2008 6:23 am

If they do have lap bars, there probably wouldn't be a need for the "Remain Seated" spiel at the end of the ride (since you no longer have the option of undoing the seat belt). That spiel is a classic (although I think modified slightly a few years ago), and one of the few Jack Wagner spiels that's still around. This may sound silly, but I would hate for that spiel to be taken out!

golfbudd925
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by golfbudd925 » Feb Mon 04, 2008 1:37 pm

this is a great idea im always worried that im going to crush whoever i sit with hahaha

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Feb Mon 04, 2008 2:03 pm

cap396 wrote:If they do have lap bars, there probably wouldn't be a need for the "Remain Seated" spiel at the end of the ride (since you no longer have the option of undoing the seat belt). That spiel is a classic (although I think modified slightly a few years ago), and one of the few Jack Wagner spiels that's still around. This may sound silly, but I would hate for that spiel to be taken out!
You are 110% correct, and that doesn't sound silly at all. I think that Disney realizes how special the spiel is to people too, as they included it in Remember... Dreams Come True. I hope they don't remove the spiel either, as it is a classic that most people love.

Junglecsipper
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Junglecsipper » Feb Sun 24, 2008 12:56 pm

The new bobsleds look just like the old ones. Also there is only 2 seats per bobsled

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Feb Tue 26, 2008 9:15 am

My daughters love Matterhorn and we rode it SO many times I thought I would be bruised. I held on tight to my youngest, who wasn't quite 5 at the time. I would really, really appreciate if they would make the ride smoother, but not at the cost of allowing fretful mothers to hold on tight to their young ones! Although, probably like most moms, where there is a will, there is a way, as I have painfully demonstrated on SM too many times.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Calypso wrote:My daughters love Matterhorn and we rode it SO many times I thought I would be bruised. I held on tight to my youngest, who wasn't quite 5 at the time. I would really, really appreciate if they would make the ride smoother, but not at the cost of allowing fretful mothers to hold on tight to their young ones! Although, probably like most moms, where there is a will, there is a way, as I have painfully demonstrated on SM too many times.
I'm with you on making the ride smoother. I would have my sister in front of me and I couldn't remember how many times I smacked into the bobsled during the sharp turns.

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » Mar Sun 09, 2008 1:07 pm

I would love to know what they are doing with the old bobsleds! :D

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Sun 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Sounds like Mouse Surplus material to me! Now wouldn't that make a great garden statue. :mrgreen:
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Mar Mon 10, 2008 11:09 am

Esmeralda wrote:Sounds like Mouse Surplus material to me! Now wouldn't that make a great garden statue. :mrgreen:
Even Better would be to get the Abominable Snow Man. "Um sir, your garden gnome is growling at passers by." And you wonder why the mailman doesn't deliver anymore?
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |