How to dress for Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

How to dress for Disneyland

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Mon 17, 2007 6:57 am

Next time you're packing for your upcoming DL trip, make sure to refer to this article! :D

LINK!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

NapoleonD
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by NapoleonD » Sep Mon 17, 2007 7:37 am

Those were the days. I've heard the dress code for Grad Niite have been relaxed as well. Shame.
Vote for Pedro to put internet live cams in Disneyland Park

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Sep Mon 17, 2007 9:50 am

Oh how funny! :lol:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Sep Mon 17, 2007 9:54 am

Heh! That was a pretty good article...thanks AKL! Although...i dont know if i could dress up to DL all day. Especially wearing nice shoes...those things hurt your feet after a while!

Can you imagine seeing someone dressed up getting off of grizzly river run or splash mountain..haha!! That would be pretty funny :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

chefbuns

Post by chefbuns » Sep Mon 17, 2007 11:45 am

That was a really cool link. It is interesting to see what was acceptable just 50 years ago. Just one generation seperates me from the old style of dressing for an outing.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Mon 17, 2007 11:47 am

My grandparents always tell me how going to Disneyland was such a privledge in the early days of opening, and you dressed up in your Sunday clothes. They still dress nicely (although not like they used to) everytime they go. Always slacks and a polo shirt and my grandmothers puts on a nice blouse, etc.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Sep Mon 17, 2007 12:33 pm

TOO FUNNY! I can't imagine wearing a dress to DL, though that was the dress back in the day. I still marvel and the females that wear heals - my piggies would say OUCH! Give me my New Balance tennies everytime!!

I do think that some people these days do not show any class and show up in some pretty scandelous attire. They don't understand that you really should keep "the girls" in the sling and nicely covered....ha ha ha, I am sure guys won't agree with me tho! HA

Call me old fashion but I believe in covering up my top and bottom assets :mrgreen:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

dmandavids
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by dmandavids » Sep Mon 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Very Interesting and good.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Mon 17, 2007 3:34 pm

bostoncg wrote:TOO FUNNY! I can't imagine wearing a dress to DL, though that was the dress back in the day. I still marvel and the females that wear heals - my piggies would say OUCH! Give me my New Balance tennies everytime!!

I do think that some people these days do not show any class and show up in some pretty scandelous attire. They don't understand that you really should keep "the girls" in the sling and nicely covered....ha ha ha, I am sure guys won't agree with me tho! HA

Call me old fashion but I believe in covering up my top and bottom assets :mrgreen:
I agree with the girls being covered. I find that it's just disrespectful to not dress appropriately knowing that you're going to be in an area with families that might not appreciate it. I have no problem with people dressing gothy or punky or whatever they feel like, as long as they are decently covered up in some respects. Guys too! No sweaty tank tops!

DisneyChris
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by DisneyChris » Sep Thu 20, 2007 10:48 pm

Mickey Mouse T shirt, shorts, and cant forget the ears

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Sep Fri 21, 2007 12:07 pm

Wow, those pictures are amazing! Much as I love to be comfortable, I agree with the article that we have lost something with the fashion changes.

And I agree, can't go to the park without the appropriate headwear! :mickey:
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Fri 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Yeah while part of me loves that i can wear jeans and a t-shirt even to work, I do long for the days (that I never saw with my owns eyes) when women wore dresses/skirts, men wore suits, and t-shirts were, as mentioned in this article, an undergarment.
~Steve

billville

Post by billville » Sep Fri 21, 2007 12:35 pm

I guess im in the minority when i say i could not imagine myself ever wearing a nice suit or "sunday clothes", as theyre called, to DL. When I go to the parks I want to have fun and feel young again...not like im back at work or at church.

My motto...let loose!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Fri 21, 2007 1:28 pm

Cute article. I also don't think that I could wear the "sunday best" to a Disney park. It just seems rather cumbersome, and I for one don't wanna get my white blouse and skirt dirty on Splash Mountain.

The most important thing for me when I go there is to be comfortable and yet appropriate. It's a family park dang it.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Sep Sat 22, 2007 11:13 am

That is so funny! I'll be sure to pack properly next time! :lol:
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey: