Which mountain ride do you like??

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

What's your favorite mountain ride at Disneyland?

Matterhorn Bobsleds
18%
Big Thunder Mountain
14%
Splash Mountain
32%
Space Mountain
32%
Grizzly River Run
3%

Total votes: 71

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Jun Mon 23, 2008 2:10 pm

DisneyChris wrote:Oh, one more thing, If we were raiting Disney World's Mountains, Splash would take number one, I am always disapointed by the California version because Florida's is far superior.
Wow, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone make this argument actually. most people like the finale in DLR much better than WDW. Why do you prefer WDW?

*tink*
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by *tink* » Jun Sat 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Splash Mountain for sure. Its so much better at night when you can pretty much just walk on when fantasmic is going on.

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jun Sun 29, 2008 2:57 am

Matterhorn Bobsleds because its the first one of this theme.

DisneyChris
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by DisneyChris » Jul Sat 05, 2008 11:11 pm

I prefer Disney World's Splash beacuse I feel it is better planned out in several ways. The story line is more cohesive, the animatronics are not just stuck there because they had to come up from a spot for this one, or for that one, but because they designed each character specifically for its purpose. The animation seems crisper because the figures are newer, the waterways are better planned and you cannot see metal tubes guiding the boats, there is less visable distractions in the ceiling, the lighting is better hiden, and the decor is slightly better, newer, and more colorful. The final scenes are very similar, too similar to say Disneyland is superior because it has a slight edge in this room only, which I even think is debateable. Thats just how I see it. My opinion only. No offence to anyone who may disagree.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jul Sun 06, 2008 10:17 pm

i voted for splash mountain because it has given me a lot of fond memories of the past. I love you splash mountain!
I hope everyone has a zip-i-de-do-da-day!

JWG

Post by JWG » Jul Mon 07, 2008 9:19 am

As a coaster and thrill ride (but NO spinning!) enthusiast I had to pick Space Mountain. If we were at WDW I'd of said Splash though.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Jul Mon 07, 2008 11:08 am

DisneyChris wrote:I prefer Disney World's Splash beacuse I feel it is better planned out in several ways. The story line is more cohesive, the animatronics are not just stuck there because they had to come up from a spot for this one, or for that one, but because they designed each character specifically for its purpose. The animation seems crisper because the figures are newer, the waterways are better planned and you cannot see metal tubes guiding the boats, there is less visable distractions in the ceiling, the lighting is better hiden, and the decor is slightly better, newer, and more colorful. The final scenes are very similar, too similar to say Disneyland is superior because it has a slight edge in this room only, which I even think is debateable. Thats just how I see it. My opinion only. No offence to anyone who may disagree.
Thanks for the explanation Chris!

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Which mountain ride do you like??

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Darn, this is a really tough one because they are all amazing in my opinion. I will have to choose Thunder Mountain as it is great during the day, but even better at night.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Apr Fri 29, 2011 2:23 pm

It's a tough choice between splash and thunder. I love them both so much.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Hmmm, I would have the give the edge to Splash. I truly enjoy both attractions, but the ending scene, plus the middle with the lillypads and all, help make Splash a little something more splashtacular ;)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Fri 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Splash Mountain during the day and at night if it is NOT raining.

Thunder Mountain gets the edge at night if it's raining.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Splash at WDW but Space at DL.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » May Mon 02, 2011 12:45 am

With me it depends on what mood I'm really in. So I asked myself what ride would I ride for 1 year straight? so I answered Splash. A close 2nd is BTMRR becausue the last time I went to Disney (Last summer) On the second hill as your sloped upward the fireworks were blazing! It looked like it could have been in a Disney Land commercial!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Wed 11, 2011 7:37 pm

I picked BTM because I have long loved this ride (it was the first "coaster" I actually liked) and though it's great during the day, it's even better at night! Especially if you catch it during Fantasmic!
Space and Matterhorn would be tied for second. I don't care to ride Matterhorn often though...too rough for me, but great views!

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by bravetaylor » May Fri 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Having gone to WDW so much more than DL I've naturally ridden Splash, Space, and BTMRR so much more than Matterhorn. I guess that's why I pick Matterhorn. I remember as a kid seeing the Matterhorn on television and wishing one day I'd get to ride it. I waited more than three decades to see that mountain. Being that it's the only one it's so special. If I could transport right now and be on one of them it's going to be Matterhorn, after sundown.