Which mountain ride do you like??

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

What's your favorite mountain ride at Disneyland?

Matterhorn Bobsleds
18%
Big Thunder Mountain
14%
Splash Mountain
32%
Space Mountain
32%
Grizzly River Run
3%

Total votes: 71

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » Sep Sun 09, 2007 3:45 pm

I love Big Thunder Mountain, even if its a little more wild at Disneyland than WDW!
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

billville

Post by billville » Sep Sun 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I wouldn't classify GRR as a mountain ride; it would be more of a water ride.
If thats the case, then splash mountain wouldn't be considered a mountain ride either. :wink:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Sun 09, 2007 7:03 pm

well, see, Splash Mountain IS considered a mountain ride by Disney offically. GRR isn't. GRR is like Kali River Rapids at AK in WDW
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

billville

Post by billville » Sep Mon 10, 2007 10:10 am

js3901 wrote:well, see, Splash Mountain IS considered a mountain ride by Disney offically. GRR isn't. GRR is like Kali River Rapids at AK in WDW
Yes, I totally know what youre saying. I wasnt trying to say splash isnt a mountain ride..i was just trying to make a point, thats all.

i figure if GRR takes place in a moutain then it would likely be considered a mountain ride also. especially since space mountain doesnt even have a mounatin on it. from what i understand...walt named it space mountain to follow the disney mountain range. also because the white peaks at DL are supposed to resemble the peaks of mt. fuji.

either way...theyre all great rides!

BTW....splash rules!! :mrgreen:

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Sep Mon 10, 2007 2:29 pm

from what i understand...walt named it space mountain to follow the disney mountain range. also because the white peaks at DL are supposed to resemble the peaks of mt. fuji.
Walt named Space Mountain? :?
Do the Space Mountain plans really go back to Walt's era? I always thought the "Space Port" idea was thrown together really quick for WDW (and then eventually duplicated in a sense for DL).

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Mon 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:
from what i understand...walt named it space mountain to follow the disney mountain range. also because the white peaks at DL are supposed to resemble the peaks of mt. fuji.
Walt named Space Mountain? :?
Do the Space Mountain plans really go back to Walt's era? I always thought the "Space Port" idea was thrown together really quick for WDW (and then eventually duplicated in a sense for DL).
Yeah this can't be right...

Wikipedia, for one, credits Imagineer John Hench. Walt had been dead, what, nearly nine years when Space Mountain finally opened? I don't think he was involved even in the blue sky elements of that attraction...
~Steve

billville

Post by billville » Sep Mon 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Oops...sorry for the bad reference. I was just going off the top of my head...didnt really know who said it. I remember reading something about it a long time ago. I just assumed it was walt thats all.

My bad! :oops:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Mon 10, 2007 11:38 pm

Space Mountain does remind me of images of Mt. Fuji though now that I think about it.

And, I never understood what a 'space mountain' is, because I don't think they're referring to a mountain on a planet or asteroid, right?

I get what you mean about Splash Mountain not being like a mountain ride. I usually refer to it as a water ride along with GRR, but also group it with Big Thunder and Matterhonr, even though it's not a roller coaster. :roll:
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Tue 11, 2007 7:56 am

I really liked Space Mountain better then the others when I was at DL a few weeks ago.

acgonzales
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by acgonzales » Sep Tue 11, 2007 9:54 am

BTMR is my favorite! For me, it is the safety spiel that I love from BTMR. I also love Splash Mt. :mickey:
"You will always remember today as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow" - Captain Jack Sparrow

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » Oct Sun 14, 2007 12:18 pm

I love them all but Splash Mountain has always been my favorite. I just love it. It's so much fun...yay! :mickey:

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Oct Sun 14, 2007 4:53 pm

I would have to say Splash Mountain, since it has audio-animatronics throughout and it is one of my favorites.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Oct Sun 14, 2007 5:42 pm

is splash the same in DL as it is in WDW??? just curious
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

billville

Post by billville » Oct Mon 15, 2007 7:13 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:is splash the same in DL as it is in WDW??? just curious
You know what...im not really sure. They look pretty identical but that doesnt say a lot. Im sure the inside could have some differences.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Oct Tue 16, 2007 9:22 am

yodiwan1 wrote:is splash the same in DL as it is in WDW??? just curious
Yes and no, the rides are alike but I would say WDW is a just little more "slower" moving. I think WDW's splash mountain is a lot more colorful as far as characters and scenes. Also WDW's is "newer", so you don't have those clacking gates when you go up the drops. But you get splashed/wetter more at DL