Which mountain ride do you like??

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

What's your favorite mountain ride at Disneyland?

Matterhorn Bobsleds
18%
Big Thunder Mountain
14%
Splash Mountain
32%
Space Mountain
32%
Grizzly River Run
3%

Total votes: 71

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Which mountain ride do you like??

Post by billville » Sep Wed 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Alright, i though id start another poll. This time im asking all of you, which mountain ride do you like the best?

I threw space mountain in only because it has mountain in its name. I also seem to remember an old DL commercial about their mountain range. Space mountain was mentioned in that as well. So if Disney considers that part of their mountain range..then so be it.

Im even throwing in grizzly river run because of grizzly peak itself.

As for me...i fancy splash mountain. I absolutely love that ride!! Your votes should consider your appearance, theming, and thrill preferences for the mountain ride.

Whats your favorite???

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Sep Wed 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Well, first of all, I really like them all alot! ...but I went with Big Thunder. I just like the ride overall but I think it's cool that you can get two completely different experiences depending on whether you ride during the day or at night. Night rules in my opinion! :mickey:

billville

Post by billville » Sep Wed 05, 2007 4:39 pm

Slimmer Kimmers wrote:Well, first of all, I really like them all alot! ...but I went with Big Thunder. I just like the ride overall but I think it's cool that you can get two completely different experiences depending on whether you ride during the day or at night. Night rules in my opinion! :mickey:
Yes...big thunder does rule at night! So does the matterhorn...such a better experience!

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Wed 05, 2007 7:17 pm

I enjoy all of them as well, but I think that Space Mountain is probably my favorite, as I've loved it throughout my entire life, and some of the others have had to grow on me, or my interest has waned a little. We have an old show on Disneyland on VHS that does go over the mountain range, and Space is definitely one of the group.

billville

Post by billville » Sep Thu 06, 2007 9:49 am

Wow! Splash mountain has taken the lead. For some reason or another I thought the Matterhorn would do better.

That just goes to show you how much Splash rules!! :ccat:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Sep Thu 06, 2007 6:38 pm

I love space mountain, but I went with Grizzly River Run...I just love that ride too.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

billville

Post by billville » Sep Thu 06, 2007 7:41 pm

chefbuns wrote:I love space mountain, but I went with Grizzly River Run...I just love that ride too.
Isnt grizzly peak just an awesome sight!?

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Sep Thu 06, 2007 10:16 pm

bvillalta wrote:
chefbuns wrote:I love space mountain, but I went with Grizzly River Run...I just love that ride too.
Isnt grizzly peak just an awesome sight!?
I think Grizzly Peak is probably the coolest thing in DCA. :D

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Sep Fri 07, 2007 10:50 am

I had to go with Space Mountain. Big Thunder was a close second, with Splash Mountain a close third. On my last trip (1st as an adult), the Matterhorn was closed and we didn't feel like getting soaked on Grizzly.

I chose Space because it's thrilling(for me) through the whole ride. Big Thunder kinda wimps out there on the last hill.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Sep Fri 07, 2007 11:22 am

I had to choose space because it is just nonstop thrill! From the time you click that lapbar down until it pops up it is great! Although from a entertainment and fun standpoint Splash would get my vote.

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Sep Fri 07, 2007 6:06 pm

I had to settle for Splash Mountain. Although, it was a tough decision between that and Space.
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Sep Fri 07, 2007 11:22 pm

I just brought Splash back into the tie for the lead. That ride has always been my favorite since I was a little kid. Even though I am older now and I love the "thrill" mountains, I will always love riding Splash and feeling like a young kid again singing along with "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!" after the big drop!
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

billville

Post by billville » Sep Sat 08, 2007 11:47 am

WOOHOO!!! Splash is in the lead again! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Sep Sat 08, 2007 2:27 pm

I like the Matterhorn since it was the first steal coaster. If you like the Mountain Rides of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disney, Disneyland Paris please feel free to visit my site it is dedicated to the Mountain Rides of Disney.

http://www.disneymountainrides.com

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Sat 08, 2007 3:10 pm

I wouldn't classify GRR as a mountain ride; it would be more of a water ride.

I love all the mountain rides, but Big Thunder is my favorite. It's just so much fun and it's outside, and at night you can see the fireworks or even fantasmic.

Matterhorn is really awesome as well, and it will always be one of my most favorite Disneyland icons. But it's not as fun for me to ride anymore, it's just way too jerky. Just a testament to how really classic it is.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."