Costco Tickets Go Toward Annual Pass?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Costco Tickets Go Toward Annual Pass?

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Tue 21, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm hoping to get an AP later this year, and was wondering if anyone here knew if the DLR tickets they sell at Costco (4 park entries for $129) would work toward trading up to an AP? Also, would they give you the standard ticket price credit, or the costco price credit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Aug Wed 22, 2007 12:37 pm

I don't know if they will let you use the pass towards your AP. I do know that it is a one to one ratio. So when I buy a ticket on the military base and use it towards the purchase of my AP i only get credit for what I paid for the ticket. Also, one purchase price is good for one AP meaning you can't buy 4 entry tickets, for you and friends, and then use the purchase price for all of the tickets towards the purchase of one AP. I hope this helps, also you can call Disney Tickets @ 714-781-4400 and check with them.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Wed 22, 2007 12:39 pm

chefbuns wrote:I don't know if they will let you use the pass towards your AP. I do know that it is a one to one ratio. So when I buy a ticket on the military base and use it towards the purchase of my AP i only get credit for what I paid for the ticket. Also, one purchase price is good for one AP meaning you can't buy 4 entry tickets, for you and friends, and then use the purchase price for all of the tickets towards the purchase of one AP. I hope this helps, also you can call Disney Tickets @ 714-781-4400 and check with them.
Thanks for the great info Chef! Also good to hear from a fellow San Diegan! I guess I'll just get a couple of park hoppers from the Candy Cane Inn when we're staying there and use those toward the AP.

chefbuns

Post by chefbuns » Aug Wed 22, 2007 2:29 pm

danimal3114u wrote:
chefbuns wrote:I don't know if they will let you use the pass towards your AP. I do know that it is a one to one ratio. So when I buy a ticket on the military base and use it towards the purchase of my AP i only get credit for what I paid for the ticket. Also, one purchase price is good for one AP meaning you can't buy 4 entry tickets, for you and friends, and then use the purchase price for all of the tickets towards the purchase of one AP. I hope this helps, also you can call Disney Tickets @ 714-781-4400 and check with them.
Thanks for the great info Chef! Also good to hear from a fellow San Diegan! I guess I'll just get a couple of park hoppers from the Candy Cane Inn when we're staying there and use those toward the AP.
Your welcome! I hope to be getting my AP soon also. BTW you know that you can just purchase an AP online at the Disneyland website. In the end it will all cost the same AND the first day you use your AP, even if it is a blackout day, you can still use it. Your first use AP day is any day of the year.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Wed 22, 2007 6:54 pm

I also wasn't aware of the option to use your first AP day regardless of blackout date. I think I'll stil use the hotel we're staying at, as they offer one day early entry, and that should be fun.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Aug Wed 22, 2007 7:23 pm

danimal3114u wrote:I also wasn't aware of the option to use your first AP day regardless of blackout date. I think I'll stil use the hotel we're staying at, as they offer one day early entry, and that should be fun.
Buying the hopper for early entry is the way to go in my opinion. Mainly because of the early entry but I would suggest using the early entry as soon as you can in your trip and then bumping up to the AP on that day as you can then start getting your discounts on food in the park. We did that and it worked well. Just make sure there won't be any blackout days after you bump up during the rest of your trip. (I hope I made sense)

chefbuns

Post by chefbuns » Aug Thu 23, 2007 11:39 am

If you buy tickets and then decide to upgrade to A/P, make sure you don't do the upgrade till the last day of your trip, that way you don't have to worry about the blackout days. :P
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Aug Thu 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Just check the disneyland website for the blackout days before you leave and then you'll know exactly what you want to do. :wink: