Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Jan Fri 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I LOVED Great Moments...Does anyone know when it is coming back??? They are still showing the Steve Martin/Donald Duck 50th Anniversary movie.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Jan Mon 07, 2008 5:19 pm

I kinda worry they won't bring it back - that they'll use the 50th as an excuse to phase out ol' Honest Abe. I'm sure the thinking goes: if we can get it out of the park for long enough, most people will forget he was even there.

Of course, the last time they tried to ditch Mr. Lincoln (for the Muppets), it turned into a bit of a PR nightmare. One can only hope they learned their lesson.
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Wed 09, 2008 1:33 am

They should figure out a way to do both. Perhaps during the morning and afternoon hours keep Lincoln and in the evening run new content and update that constantly.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

faxprincess
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by faxprincess » Jan Thu 17, 2008 2:53 pm

I wish they would bring back Lincoln. The 50th Show is great and all, but the 50th is over. Overall, it's such a great enviroment to relax in and see some cool Disneyland memorabilia - a replica a Walt's office for one. (In the lobby) More people need to check it out! (Assuming of course that Lincoln returns!)

bryceran
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bryceran » Jan Fri 18, 2008 10:10 pm

I don't ever remember seeing this and its a shame. I really would love to go see it now that I am a bit older, a bit wiser.

DisneyChris
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by DisneyChris » Jan Wed 23, 2008 7:05 pm

I think they need to bring the American Adventure show from Epcot to Disneyland and incorporate Abe Lincoln into that show with an added scene showcasing him delivering the Gettysburg Address. I would love to see a more elaborate American History show on Main Street, Agree? Disagree? Better ideas?

I,Hammer

Post by I,Hammer » May Fri 09, 2008 12:54 am

Bring it baaaack!

I actually think I read on MouseEars that they are. :)

Though I can't find the web page anymore...

I loved that rides audio effects. What an amazing way to make a normally boring ride E-Ticket.

:)
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4100/userbar623231og3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6967/userbar623226yu5.gif[/img][/url]

"Welcome Foolish Mortals, to the Haunted Mansion. I am your host, your Ghost Host"

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:50 am

The last time I watched Great Moments with Mr Lincoln was about 15 years ago. I don't recall ever wearing headphones. This was on my list to watch the next time that I am at DL. From what I rememeber it was a good attraction, and now that I am older, I'm sure that I will appreciate it much more.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » May Mon 02, 2011 12:23 pm

I went last summer and Lincoln Is Back!!! but there arnt any head phones, but the show it self Is very well done. The only other thing they needed to do was make him walk a little bit.
But if you can I would go see it!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Sparten wrote:I went last summer and Lincoln Is Back!!! but there arnt any head phones, but the show it self Is very well done. The only other thing they needed to do was make him walk a little bit.
But if you can I would go see it!
So they don't have the headphones for surround sound anymore? Bummer :(

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Wow... necropost much? :D

Yeah, they ditched the homo-erotic breathing sessions as Abe whispers sweet nothings in your ear while you're in bed. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Wow... necropost much? :D

Yeah, they ditched the homo-erotic breathing sessions as Abe whispers sweet nothings in your ear while you're in bed. :D
Having some strange fantasies there, Wizz? :shock: :roll: :shock: :wink: :shock: :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 02, 2011 2:53 pm

If I get this time machine running they won't be! :D