DCA Gets A Worthy Overhaul Budget

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: DCA Gets A Worthy Overhaul Budget

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Latest update from Micechat (I was doing my finals so I have an excuse for posting this a bit late)

http://micechat.com/5333-radiator-sprin ... derground/

Radiator Springs history, WonderGround Gallery, Magic Kingdom makeovers, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 11, 2012 6:59 pm

God dam_n it was packed. I got on Radiator Springs Racers and it was fun, didn't go on the other things mostly because I didn't want to and the window was closing fast. I can understand keeping carsland locked up, but all the hype for Beuna Vista street is unfounded. It's nice looking, but I don't think it was worth keeping under wraps like such.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 11, 2012 7:28 pm

That's pretty nice that you were able to go on Radiator Springs Racers. Does it look like it is a little more durable than Rocket Rods was?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 11, 2012 7:33 pm

That I can't say, I am almost positive it won't be able to run in the rain though, let alone it's going to suck out loud for whicher person is going to be working the final check station during summer.

My guess is that since they were able to build the track for the ride rather than work with an existing on, it will have less risk of failure, on top of that they are using the same tech/tires as test track.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 11, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm glad to hear you liked it, Wizzard! I don't know when I'll be able to check it out since I'm debating about waiting until the off season time but we'll see what happens.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 14, 2012 11:04 pm

I didn't see if it was mentioned earlier but has anyone checked out the Mad Tea Party that replaced Electronica yet? What are your thoughts???

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 14, 2012 11:12 pm

I wonder if they will do a slower start and almost no stops like we have here so that the ride can support more cars at once? While changes to the track itself are not reasonable, an overall program change could be realistic. Also, any bets on if they ditch segments like the anti-lock break test since that is like saying "My car has a steering wheel" now.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 15, 2012 4:25 am

NaCler wrote:I didn't see if it was mentioned earlier but has anyone checked out the Mad Tea Party that replaced Electronica yet? What are your thoughts???
It looks pretty nice from the pictures and blog reports I've seen. The drinks especially look very tempting :ccat:
Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder if they will do a slower start and almost no stops like we have here so that the ride can support more cars at once? While changes to the track itself are not reasonable, an overall program change could be realistic. Also, any bets on if they ditch segments like the anti-lock break test since that is like saying "My car has a steering wheel" now.
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet the entire story will be changed on Test Track.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Fri 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Also, any bets on if they ditch segments like the anti-lock break test since that is like saying "My car has a steering wheel" now.
I can almost guarantee the environmental chambers will either be completely gone or totally redone. As for the queue, the briefing rooms are gone completely. Whether they build new ones in their place remains to be seen (I doubt it, though).
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 15, 2012 3:47 pm

MadEye wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Also, any bets on if they ditch segments like the anti-lock break test since that is like saying "My car has a steering wheel" now.
I can almost guarantee the environmental chambers will either be completely gone or totally redone. As for the queue, the briefing rooms are gone completely. Whether they build new ones in their place remains to be seen (I doubt it, though).
Do you think they will have stations instead for people to design their cars? Sort of like Sum of All Thrills?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Fri 15, 2012 3:55 pm

6 hour wait. 6. HOUR. WAIT. for Radiator Springs Racers. Nooooooo thank you. I will wait quite some time before I bother to go.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 15, 2012 4:18 pm

elizabethswann wrote:6 hour wait. 6. HOUR. WAIT. for Radiator Springs Racers. Nooooooo thank you. I will wait quite some time before I bother to go.
I saw that online! I can't even imagine waiting that long :shock:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Fri 15, 2012 5:24 pm

I almost would be surprised if Epcot got rid of the preshow room, it was a good way to get the line flowing more since you could take 30-40 people (or less, not sure how many they held) at a time out of line and then give them another 5-ish minute wait for the last stage.

That is one long line, have there been any breakdowns today?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Fri 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:
Do you think they will have stations instead for people to design their cars? Sort of like Sum of All Thrills?
I don't know and won't until either I ride it when it reopens or Disney releases some information, whichever comes first.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Fri 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I almost would be surprised if Epcot got rid of the preshow room, it was a good way to get the line flowing more since you could take 30-40 people (or less, not sure how many they held) at a time out of line and then give them another 5-ish minute wait for the last stage.

That is one long line, have there been any breakdowns today?
There have been a few from what I've heard though I didn't hear much after that.